Top 12 Pharae ~ Top 12 Sink or Swim ~

OutOfCharacters

Phrourach
FYI.... SC posted to cheer ME up lol.... so don't pick on him, you can troll me instead if you want, I hardly ever come on here anyway....
And the reason? Because we were looking forward to a GREAT FIGHT, cos win or lose, its the battle, and how both sides play, that's important right? And a number of us were very disappointed that when the tables were turned, and we finally fought back, it appeared no one from Hug This was interested in actively defending (at least the cities I attacked, all my nukes hit air...)..... which is a real shame.....

Am not here to comment on the tactics, just like gold use, each to their own.... am here to play the game, fight, and have fun.... so here's to a decent battle next time when we go on the offensive :) :)

The ones sent at me... I did my best defending through the OP, but was at the hospital with a friend with limited signal and more limited desire to focus on grep... so it was easier to bounce it all out and forget about it, especially with the added spam from James jamming up my phone on low battery. By the time you guys lined up 8-10 players at that city, there's no way it was going to hold anyway.

City cycling is a tactic that used to be at the forefront of TF defense as well, and IS considered actively defending. TF used to use that strategy quite a bit before the strategy switched to "just enlist the entire server". Know when to hold em, know when to fold em, and know when to irritate an enemy with a double on. To me, that's all part of a great fight. Till we meet again... :)

DeletedUser38766

FYI.... SC posted to cheer ME up lol.... so don't pick on him, you can troll me instead if you want, I hardly ever come on here anyway....
And the reason? Because we were looking forward to a GREAT FIGHT, cos win or lose, its the battle, and how both sides play, that's important right? And a number of us were very disappointed that when the tables were turned, and we finally fought back, it appeared no one from Hug This was interested in actively defending (at least the cities I attacked, all my nukes hit air...)..... which is a real shame.....

Am not here to comment on the tactics, just like gold use, each to their own.... am here to play the game, fight, and have fun.... so here's to a decent battle next time when we go on the offensive :) :)

Y´all were disappointed cause y´all ended up only taking one city? LOL...You have no idea how busy the skype room was when we did active defending(im not going further :) )... So i don´t want to hear this BS again. You can´t expect a easy take nor BP. You have to be smarter than that especially if you fight against biggest rival on server ;)

DeletedUser56122

tenor.gif

DeletedUser54407

So i don´t want to hear this BS again.

My thoughts exactly. If another Hug This member starts crying that we play defensively against an Alliance that has 300,000 points more than us, I'll point them in the direction of this post!
smiley_emoticons_lol.gif
It's called strategy.

Raydium88

Strategos
If another Hug This member starts crying that we play defensively

Who's crying? Last I checked you lots seem displeased or annoyed at something... I didn't quite catch, what was that all about.

And @Lana98, because I like to keep it all in one post, you complain about us not "actually defending", but if we look back at your attempt of last night... what do you call that? As far as I can tell I see 1607 LSs, 302 FTSs, 343 tris and about 5k sunken OLU (and 35 cats) + YOUR CS on my wall. I guess you got EXACTLY the fight you were looking for in the end...

DeletedUser56155

OOC's post was a breath of honesty in a forum of ego stroking, and propaganda. You couldn't hold the cities without passing them off, so that's what you did. Good on you for being so fast at getting the cross revolts. It's not an easy thing to coordinate that many voluntary hand overs. Well done.

Raydium88

Strategos
Anyone who's done it will know it takes a lot of coordination, commitment and active communication with players to pull something like it successfully, sometimes with weeks on end of cycling back and forth. And TF leadership despite refuting it, to make it sound like we don't know what we're doing, should know better as they are not strangers for using it.

With all that crap out of the way, to congratulate @pgalland25 on taking a city, and playing a major role on TF's offense. We'll be better prepared next time :)

jameslongst

Strategos
Who's crying? Last I checked you lots seem displeased or annoyed at something... I didn't quite catch, what was that all about.

And @Lana98, because I like to keep it all in one post, you complain about us not "actually defending", but if we look back at your attempt of last night... what do you call that? As far as I can tell I see 1607 LSs, 302 FTSs, 343 tris and about 5k sunken OLU (and 35 cats) + YOUR CS on my wall. I guess you got EXACTLY the fight you were looking for in the end...

We are happy. There is plenty of fun to be had from you yet.

You are a worthy opponent. Its fun to work out little grepo problems.

Funny tho, how before it was "True Fear is almost history" and now its "True Fear only took one or two cities."

Tune changes but the dance keeps on going doesn't it?

DeletedUser56348

Yes, in the end very happy, we eventually found a couple of big stacks which we got to first while he was offline and some very nice BP all round.... You cant blame ex SDSU in particular for wanting to go on the offensive for a change after the beating we have all taken, can you lol.... would you have expected any different? CS landing was a bonus, more importantly we did "in the end" get some decent fights, more slots and now its time to rebuild .... like OOC said, until next time, and yes the tactics wont come as a surprise next time either so we will be more prepared too :)

DeletedUser54339

The ones sent at me... I did my best defending through the OP, but was at the hospital with a friend with limited signal and more limited desire to focus on grep... so it was easier to bounce it all out and forget about it, especially with the added spam from James jamming up my phone on low battery. By the time you guys lined up 8-10 players at that city, there's no way it was going to hold anyway.

City cycling is a tactic that used to be at the forefront of TF defense as well, and IS considered actively defending. TF used to use that strategy quite a bit before the strategy switched to "just enlist the entire server". Know when to hold em, know when to fold em, and know when to irritate an enemy with a double on. To me, that's all part of a great fight. Till we meet again... :)
An insightful post but somewhat ruined by Kenny Rogers. Hope your friend is well.

DeletedUser56333

My thoughts exactly. If another Hug This member starts crying that we play defensively against an Alliance that has 300,000 points more than us, I'll point them in the direction of this post!
smiley_emoticons_lol.gif
It's called strategy.

Ironic given that almost ALL of your frontline LTS comes from the Mercenaries

DeletedUser56333

Not sure where that Intel comes from... definitely isn't right about my cities!

Well we KNOW its true about a lot TF's frontline cities lol. Its kind of sad that your team boasts so much about your "defense" when you can't even defend by yourselves.

DeletedUser54407

Well we KNOW its true about a lot TF's frontline cities lol. Its kind of sad that your team boasts so much about your "defense" when you can't even defend by yourselves.

It's easy to look down with a 3 million point bonus (Thank you Thizzle for correcting me! ;) ). Just some quick maths (probably wildly inaccurate) points that Hug This could have an extra 90,000 LS (Going off 10k cities with a 300 LS nuke) or 105,000 Birs (10k cities with 350 Bir nuke) or 1,050,000 DLU/OLU troops (10k cities with 3500 troops). Obviously, I'm not saying that is the case but it illustrates just how lopsided a true war between the sides is. So, enlisting outside help from Mercs is, in my opinion, pretty understandable. Besides, along with revolt cancelling, it's a legitimate tactic and strategy.

I'm just looking forward to seeing what the next big move by either Hug This or True Fear is! There seems to be plenty of personal anger and resentment from certain members of both teams towards each other but, at the end of the day, this is a relaxed game - I'm here to enjoy myself!
smiley_emoticons_lol.gif

DeletedUser54067

PB + TF + Mercs: 12.966.744 points

HT: ~10.000.000

By that logic, you should have taken more than 4(?) cities from us.

That's the last I'll say about that. You've been courteous, to me and my teammates in all your communique. I assure you, I have no anger towards you.

No offense to Mercs, but they were a very small team until almost literally today, and i'm sure the Merc's deal wasn't happening when they were that tiny. (If it was that's some amazing strategy by them), so it was PB+TF vs. HT and even then it was TF vs. HT for most of the fighting, obviously when the SDASU merge happened, I wasn't around but assumed TF was the biggest alliance in points, so your point still stands. But just wanted to say using current points total is misleading, as your alliance has definitely been the bigger alliance in terms of size for the majority of the war and only recently with the acquisition of PB and now Mercs into their ranks did the tides change.

Also this is the type of information and changes in the leaderboard/major alliance count that warrants a new Top 12.

OutOfCharacters

Phrourach
Days ago I decided I was done reading these as everyone is simply ridiculous and I just want to play grep. BUT, as a courtesy to the rest of the server, I decided to post this MM I just sent to the True Fear/PB alliances as a reflection of one of the things I see wrong with the game at this moment. Copied below.

Title: Food For Thought

Not sure if he's done yet, he sure doesn't seem to be stopping any time soon, but if you guys are looking for some true gameplay fun by actually warring on this server, this is not what I'd consider respectable behavior. It's what he did through your last OP... and what I guess we can expect going forward. All these spam attacks, and more not captured here, were launched within the last 20 minutes or so.

If you want a real war, consider asking your leader to play the game as it's meant to be played.

--From OOC, someone who respects a real fight and a real enemy

Screen-Shot-2019-06-06-at-12-14-33-PM.png

Screen-Shot-2019-06-06-at-12-15-35-PM.png

Screen-Shot-2019-06-06-at-12-16-37-PM.png

Screen-Shot-2019-06-06-at-12-19-38-PM.png

Screen-Shot-2019-06-06-at-12-23-04-PM.png

Screen-Shot-2019-06-06-at-12-23-19-PM.png

Screen-Shot-2019-06-06-at-12-24-46-PM.png

Screen-Shot-2019-06-06-at-12-32-39-PM.png

Screen-Shot-2019-06-06-at-12-39-39-PM.png

Screen-Shot-2019-06-06-at-12-46-26-PM.png