Phone app, increasing simming? changing the game?

DeletedUser25249

The app blows, all its good for is attack alert, i go to web version when on the go, alot more reliable then this silly app that doesn't do as it's told..eg. dodge an attack by sending troops out as support, the silly bastards are still in the town...lol

DeletedUser46822

I can confirm that the App works and looks great on my Nexus 7. However the one area it is notably weak, is the forum access - very difficult to read our use.

I prefer the old days without these "warning" apps but they are out there and so we must use them also.

DeletedUser17088

Have they disabled that god awful attack alarm?

a huge part of the reason i stopped playing- no one with the app was ever 'offline'

DeletedUser18366

You have to feel for poor old inno here, the community begs for apps and now we're flaming them :D

But really, I do agree with most of the points brought up. It does encourage simming since people are taking this like another one of those casual sim games that you get on phones and tablets, it's not coming across as the grep we're all used to. But it does make inno money so they might not mind too much...
And the attack alarm is just stupid I have to say, it's almost impossible to catch someone offline now. People with smartphones and a constant internet connection are at a huge advantage now, it's impossible to be able to match them if they can be permanently online in that sense.

DeletedUser

Looks like I'm late to the conversation here!

Some really great points about sim players and app users. Obviously changing a few descriptions and how it is marketed would help.

I think Inno is trying to improve the forums; BBcodes can now be read (and could always post them if you knew how) but more importantly we still need to be able to read BBcodes in individual messages. I don't personally understand why they are using different interefaces. Also, being able to read the reports would help keep the app users from feeling cut off from the action.

The forum still is buggy from time to time and I still think it needs an exit button (little X in the top right like every other screen in the app).

The other imperative addition since app users are only proliferating is that the reservations need to be visible to app players and they need the ability to make make reservations. This is a simple little interface that allows all players to easily communicate the intentions of taking a city. I can't tell you how many mishaps I've had in my alliance from players not realizing someone was conquesting a city.

We have certainly had proposal of kicking out all app users (except a very small handful who actually have become proficient in using the app) because they tend to become a liability to the alliance.