Player's Council Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser53923

thank you :)

is there a way to contact the 5th member or has he decided to not be available to the public?

DeletedUser53923

seeing as its a requirement according to the players council announcement. it shouldnt take much work if hes serious about the role.

DeletedUser41523

One of the emails is missing Wilshy. :p

Edit: nvm BB addressed it.

Thanks for the post though!

Edit 2.0: Though it is a requirement. He should just make a new email or something. But seeing as he's your back up for this whole inner council thing...it seems pretty necessary.

DeletedUser36697

And finally please keep the contructive ideas coming.

Wilsh
(member of the Inner Council)

Is this something new? A month passes and now I find out there is an "Inner" Council and by extension an "outer" Council.. it took a month to go from Players Council to Inner Council sound like odd.... Plse explain
A month to sort out internal disputes among those elected to represent? was it about the inner/outer Council? ;{)
Now the question is ; does the Council actually represent all players or is this for select folks and their worlds?
Way to much secrecy.... no actions or agendas posted nor is the mandate clear after all this time

not looking good folks

DeletedUser53923

And finally please keep the contructive ideas coming.

Wilsh
(member of the Inner Council)

Is this something new? A month passes and now I find out there is an "Inner" Council and by extension an "outer" Council.. it took a month to go from Players Council to Inner Council sound like odd.... Plse explain
A month to sort out internal disputes among those elected to represent? was it about the inner/outer Council? ;{)
Now the question is ; does the Council actually represent all players or is this for select folks and their worlds?
Way to much secrecy.... no actions or agendas posted nor is the mandate clear after all this time

not looking good folks

ive been a primary complainer. but literally all of these things are outlined by baudin and richard before applicants even applied in the original posts about players council.

DeletedUser41523

I like to play a game with these rules. I approach it by thinking "if me or BB did these things, would we still be there?"

The answer is no and the people I've asked so far agree. And I'm not saying kick the guy out, I'm just saying this confirms for me that the rules apply different for different people. Which is something I've felt for years.

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
Our server is one of the servers that is on schedule believe it or not. We've got our rep, the sub for the rep, and they have both joined the Beta forum as required. Until all the reps gather on the Beta server the only work that can be done is the gathering of topics/game features/issues that each server's council feels their server wants addressed. Given that EN has always been very vocal and upfront about the matters that are important to the community I'm sure the council will have plenty to bring up/bring forth in the upcoming discussions.

That being said the first month spent voting did not count towards the 6 month term. We've been told the term officially started on October 1st due to the difficulty some servers had just gathering all their members let alone selecting the rep. All in all EN is doing well and I'll keep an eye on the council requirements to make sure they are met in a timely manner but Rich and I would rather not step in or get too involved in the Council's day to day activities unless we absolutely have to. This is a player based initiative at it's core and it is on the players to select their reps and bring constructive ideas to the forefront to be discussed and addressed.

DeletedUser41523

Thank you @figtree2

Now my next question, the consequences for breaching the rules would be the same for everyone correct? This also applying to the council?

DeletedUser31385

Thank you @figtree2

Now my next question, the consequences for breaching the rules would be the same for everyone correct? This also applying to the council?
The consequences would be the same if not greater as they could get removed from the council depending on the breach.

DeletedUser41523

Well interesting you bring that up...if my sources are correct, if you were to head over to the council forum, see the nomination posts, I think we'll find someone distinctly and repeatedly harassing and insulting somebody else in an unprovoked manner which is a big breach of rules...On top of breaching rules. This led to everyone fighting, delaying the vote, hindering progress, and foul language being thrown around. A large series of infractions all in one post and the only reason that would be any different is if they have caught on to where this is going and edited it out.

@figtree2 I think we can both remember a similar situation about multiple rule breaches of any kind and how quickly they end someone's eligibility on a server. Especially when these breaches are more heinous than dropping skype links or naming alliances mildly inappropriately. Since all the consequences are even and apply to everyone equally I believe that applies here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
Let's consider that conversation and I will give my reasoning for why I did not remove either of the 2 arguing parties. First off the members elected are vocal players with strong opinions which is a good thing in this instance as they will be representing their server and need to be able to take a firm position on what their server wants. Second they were asked to immediately come together and work as a cohesive unit and select 1 out of 5 to represent them all which is hard to do in any setting. So yes it got heated on both sides. That being said they voted and it resulted in a final decision so I considered it done. Neither party is faultless, some messages were borderline but it was on a private forum in a private discussion. Which leads to my next point; the private forum. Given that the forum in which that occurred is private due to the nature of information that could wind up there for discussion by the council no screenshots or quotes of it should have been seen by other players. So I let that go this time as well as I could have just as easily removed the party who shared the private conversation.

I'll stress this again as I have numerous times so far: this is a new concept, it is going to be rocky at the start. I'm expecting that it will calm down once things really get rolling and the council and community begin to work together to put their list of ideas/discussion topics together. We did not step in immediately in the hops the council would work it out among themselves as I am sure they can. The community selected great council members so let's give them a beat to gel and learn to work together. The real job is only just starting so maybe wait a bit to see how they perform once they begin cause I have faith they'll do fine.

DeletedUser41523

Fair enough. My only issues here was nothing was getting done and I firmly believe this is why and that the rules apply different to different people. I now have the answers to both those issues.

If this is the route being taken, then so be it. I've said my 2 cents on the matter.

Silver Witch

Strategos
Let's consider that conversation and I will give my reasoning for why I did not remove either of the 2 arguing parties. First off the members elected are vocal players with strong opinions which is a good thing in this instance as they will be representing their server and need to be able to take a firm position on what their server wants. Second they were asked to immediately come together and work as a cohesive unit and select 1 out of 5 to represent them all which is hard to do in any setting. So yes it got heated on both sides. That being said they voted and it resulted in a final decision so I considered it done. Neither party is faultless, some messages were borderline but it was on a private forum in a private discussion. Which leads to my next point; the private forum. Given that the forum in which that occurred is private due to the nature of information that could wind up there for discussion by the council no screenshots or quotes of it should have been seen by other players. So I let that go this time as well as I could have just as easily removed the party who shared the private conversation.

I'll stress this again as I have numerous times so far: this is a new concept, it is going to be rocky at the start. I'm expecting that it will calm down once things really get rolling and the council and community begin to work together to put their list of ideas/discussion topics together. We did not step in immediately in the hops the council would work it out among themselves as I am sure they can. The community selected great council members so let's give them a beat to gel and learn to work together. The real job is only just starting so maybe wait a bit to see how they perform once they begin cause I have faith they'll do fine.

Thank you this is helpful. Setting councils up on all servers and coordinating them will necessarily take time. If we had had a council thread that started with basic details of the 5 candidates and then the initial steps that needed to be taken we could have avoided the confusion.

Whilst I think its important that we have uniform sanctions for verbal abuse, in a private forum I believe that unless the individuals involved complain, this is not a matter for any other parties. I know of several players who do not post here because of past abuse but it is important for mods to be able to take a view on whats happening. Not all situations are the same.

Rachel.L

Phrourach
if the council forum is private, for the 5 of them only, it should stay that way
the fact that a certain person has mentioned content here demonstrates that it is not
what happens there is for them and only a summary needs to be reported to us, nothing else

also, that person asking those questions is starting to sound bitter for not being chosen for council, rather than being productive
get over it

DeletedUser41523

if the council forum is private, for the 5 of them only, it should stay that way
the fact that a certain person has mentioned content here demonstrates that it is not
what happens there is for them and only a summary needs to be reported to us, nothing else

also, that person asking those questions is starting to sound bitter for not being chosen for council, rather than being productive
get over it

I'm not bitter about not being selected. Hell on paper I'm actually enthused with who all is in, with the resume of all those people and I know they can do an outstanding job...which sets for very high expectations. So I'm bitter based on what I heard and how disappointing that was. Prior to that I think you'll notice that I was enjoying a nice break. All in all I don't care whether I'm in or not. Just that the job gets done. Sorry if you get the impression it was otherwise.

DeletedUser54161

Warning: Salt Truck Tipped Over
giphy.gif

Firstly, Thanks @thewilsh for replying to this thread, and providing contact details for you all. Since the roles of the Council and all that seem to be undecided, or at least to me, I probably won't send you any rants until later in your terms.

Secondly, @The Smilodon Fatalis ; sucks that you were not voted to Council, but that's life! YOU'RE SALTY!! ADMIT IT
I would be salty too, especially regarding the dude that likes to roleplay as King Boo, and re-appear when he feels like it
Honestly didn't know many of the names on the sheet as many of the experienced people have left, or decided not to run, and the fact that a ban or infraction made you less eligible is in poor taste to say the least (IN MY OPINION)

Thirdly,Can't tell if Bearissimus is trolling or not, but representative.com is responsible for sending out a lot of spam to email accounts.
Most users are smart enough to avoid it, so the fact that Bear used that email account... well; let's just say I will not be contacting him anytime soon, despite whatever position or title he holds. @Bearissimus Feel free to contact me at BigBearLover@SinglesInYourArea.com <3

Fourth, we all know that the Council is held in an "Enlightened" level; just a fraction above the average forum pleb, but a fraction below the Moderators. Honestly! Are you gonna ban a player that was elected to represent the community.. "that will show him" jaja
This forum is too P/C and ban hammer happy so I hope there is some good mud-slinging going on behind the scenes, it shows they care and are passionate about the game.

Lastly, does the Council thread on the forum even matter. Let's be honest with ourselves. If there is going to be any real discussion between any of them, they might as well just group-call or video chat each other, to cut 5 hrs of forum talk down to an hr or 30 minutes of banter back and forth, while somebody takes notes on it all.
*^Notice I did not suggest any outside site, so do not ban me for a *Suggestion*

If you have a problem with anything said in this statement/rant, feel free to pm me in game, or on this external forum
giphy.gif

**Like if you read this whole post
***This Post has been Screenshotted and Archived for Quality Assurance Reasons

Status
Not open for further replies.