Top 12 Players

DeletedUser

Since I'm going to be in the Top 12 soon, :p I thought I'd start this thread to see what people thought on the players up there.

Are their old players up there that you know to watch out for, or new ones that you think will have what it takes to make their mark?

Obviously these are preliminary assessments so no need to point that out...

DeletedUser24139

As far as I'm concerned points mean diddly. Troop numbers and cities do. How you do up a city build will determine much more in results on the battlefield than building for the sake of points. If I see a player building over 10.5-11k+ I generally consider them to be relatively good targets. The actual top 10-20 in pts does not necessarily mean they deserve that rank. Where is their location? Who are their enemies? Who do they conquer, or do they found cities, what is their Bp ratio?....ect.....ect.....

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser16696

This would be and do much better as "rate the player above"

As you can only get into the and stay in the top 12 (!5) with a decent alliance

DeletedUser829

You'll get there as long as your computer doesn't stop working like last time =D

DeletedUser37948

As far as I'm concerned points mean diddly. Troop numbers and cities do. How you do up a city build will determine much more in results on the battlefield than building for the sake of points. If I see a player building over 10.5-11k+ I generally consider them to be relatively good targets. The actual top 10-20 in pts does not necessarily mean they deserve that rank. Where is their location? Who are their enemies? Who do they conquer, or do they found cities, what is their Bp ratio?....ect.....ect.....

at this stage of the game id agree but once we all have conquest acheiving a top 12 ranking is quite an acomplishment no matter what enemies what ocean or what meens.
grepolis is a team game, but great teams are made up of great individuals who work well in teams!

DeletedUser24139

at this stage of the game id agree but once we all have conquest acheiving a top 12 ranking is quite an acomplishment no matter what enemies what ocean or what meens.
grepolis is a team game, but great teams are made up of great individuals who work well in teams!

I do not entirely agree with this. Example: A player can use gold, build theaters and sim his way into the top 20 easily. Does this make them a good player? I would disagree. The one's who earn respect in this game are the one's who put it all on the line. Troops before points, and yes, as you reiterated: teamwork. A simmer can use the system of an alliance's teamwork and make them seem better than they are just because they may possibly be in a top alliance, but does this make them good? I don't think so. Throughout the life of a server when someone can look at the bP ratio to points and say damn.....he is good, and you know why? It is because his ratio says he is gaining his city slots by fighting and being active, playing a war game like it should be played at the purist level. Sure, we all will use festivals when we can, but when you are fighting where is there time to store those resources to do so? I would be consitantly rebuilding. So, I think my statement is relevant throughout the servers lifespan.

DeletedUser

Agree with Dave, being in top 20 does not make you good. Anyone who played corinth remembers Durango who was a top 2 player for a long time because of gold use and fighting players 1/16 of his size.

When it came down to it though he was an absolutely awful player.

DeletedUser37948

playing a war game like it should be played at the purist level.

Imo this is the flaw in your thinking a purest veiw is a limmited view the greatest ability a great player or leader has is the ability to adapt and form new tactics.
abp is a by product of attacking at best as with other indicators alone it is flawed and not the holy grail.
but i do consider it proberbly the best of all indicators.
as for reaching the top 12 by simming once we leave the 3 city realms i find it hard to believe that the best gold whore simmer can compete but id be impressed if they could and moving forwards into the game it will only get harder to be top 12
i use gold and any advantage i can, because not using an advantage just seems wrong to me. so with that in mind i have a good idea of the limmits of gold and some less fashonable tactics.
it will be interesting to refer to these posts in the future when we reveiw the top twelve players and see how many actualy are simers :pro:

DeletedUser24139

simming is not a tactic, it will get one rimmed if anywhere near good players. There is no flaw here. And I do not think that anyone who knows me would say that I am a faulty leader or player either. Flexibility in gameplay comes in the form of strategy, not simming to one's heart's desire. I did not state ABP....take the Total BP against total points and you'll find a simmer, or not. Take all other factors in a person's game and you'll find out if they are a simmer. Everything I said is 100% true in order to be a "good" player at Grep, not just "perceived" as one. I have seen simmers gold their way to the top. Players with 1.5million pts and 300K total BP. YIKES!!!! Now that is scary. Now look at my account on PI....1.5mil in pts with almost 3mil in TBP...now that is playing the game.

DeletedUser37948

well i dont believe i said that simming was good once in all my posts and yes you have an impressive record thank for sharing it.
i dont think many simmers reach 1.5mil points im not sure its possible to sim to that many points but im starting to doubt my definition of what a simmer is.
i thought it was a player who founded and took internals and shyed away from real fights at all costs.
i dont doubt you new a 1.5 mil simmer but as simmers go you must admit thats some mad simming skills ;)
i still dont agree with your opinion and like i said time will tell and i hope that in future top 12 that we will have real players to refer to here. please dont take my comment (Imo this is the flaw in your thinking a purest veiw is a limmited view) as a personal rebuff it was not ment to be one and may have been worded better.
to clarify i dont agree with alot of commonly held vet pro veiws and i dont like pureism . this is my opinion the same as you have yours i dont like to openly offend players in game or forums and i think i did ofend you. i think of grepolis like chess you play to win but it should also be sociable.

DeletedUser24139

Fair enough. But a simmer can gold, festival and theater CP their way to the top; yes, it is possible. Unfortunately they can do it faster than normal players or hardcore players; not at first, but give them 10-20 cities and watch out!!! I am not a purist, but am a proponent of solid gameplay because those players are reliable. No offence taken mate, I love a good debate; and I am extremely social.....come on over :p