Rejected Plunder

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser5819

I guess so, but it is a bit limiting. There are already several researches just for flyers.

DeletedUser8396

so why research it if you are never going to choose it because it has zerosum (or thereablouts) benefits?

Flyers and:

The reduction in troops would still make it viable if we didn't make it drastic, but would also make one cautious with attacking with less troops. Makes the risk of loss greater for possibly higher reward. I'm not saying to cut the troop space in half or anything...

DeletedUser31385

My idea is they carry normal men to the city. Some get stranded there and the ships have to return to pick them up.

DeletedUser5819

to pebs - care to suggest some figures for illustration?

to figgee, so the ships would have to make 2 trips?
When they are picked up do they also carry the plunder multiple home?
What happens to the units in the meantime, eg do they defend the city they just plundered in the case of another attacker hitting, or maybe they get slaughtered if native troops return or other troops are sent in support (the realistic option) or something else?
Would the transports automatically return for them as soon as they reach port and drop the others?
Can you send other empty ships to collect them while their original ships are still sailing home?
This does seem a bit longwinded and convoluted when you could just send the right number when choosing the plunder option.

DeletedUser31385

to pebs - care to suggest some figures for illustration?

to figgee, so the ships would have to make 2 trips?
When they are picked up do they also carry the plunder multiple home?
What happens to the units in the meantime, eg do they defend the city they just plundered in the case of another attacker hitting, or maybe they get slaughtered if native troops return or other troops are sent in support (the realistic option) or something else?
Would the transports automatically return for them as soon as they reach port and drop the others?
Can you send other empty ships to collect them while their original ships are still sailing home?
This does seem a bit longwinded and convoluted when you could just send the right number when choosing the plunder option.

Yes
Yes
Realistic
Yes
No

DeletedUser5819

So if you effectively have to make two trips, and even still your traveltime for each trip is increased, and the best return you could possibly get would be an extra 50% resources, you would never use it.
That would be without hitting any resistance, being ambushed by returning native or support units, or the victims coffers being inadequate.

Also nickry, so choosing the single resource option you get a total of 2k res, whilst choosing the mixed option you get 1.5k of that res and 4.5 total res, or doing a normal attack you get 1k of that res and 3k total res.
I think that is a bit thin on the single res option.

DeletedUser31385

Maybe something less severe. It could be you must wait 20% of the attack time for the stranded units after the ships arrive in port with the looted goods (Soldiers used river boats to get back from the city where they got stranded)

DeletedUser8396

My idea is they carry normal men to the city. Some get stranded there and the ships have to return to pick them up.

I couldn't dislike this more, honestly. Just confuses the process. As for figures, I'll look up some ideas later.

DeletedUser35431

Update: Additional features in green Removed features in red
Proposal: A new attack method that allows you to gain an extra load of resources.

DNS/PSI: Too lazy. Could not care less.

Details: At level 19 of the academy, you can unlock a plunder attack for:

• 7400 Wood
  • 7500 Stone
  • 8500 Silver
  • 8 Research points

A plunder attack would work as so: When you launch your attack, you select plunder as you normally would select your attack setting (Revolt, conquest, breakthrough). A plunder attack will get you the following loot bonuses:
  • If you select plunder all resources, you get 50% additional loot of all resources (You get 3 extra favor per myth unit if you have researched temple looting)
  • You get an additional 100% resources if you select an individual one (I.E. If you select wood you get 100% additional wood only. Not additional silver/stone)
  • If you have temple looting and you select favor you get an additional 5 favor per myth unit
  • City wall from LV15< will reduce the loot bonus by 5% (100% goes to 95%; 50% goes to 45%)
For example. If I launch a normal attack, for the case of this example I would get 1000 of each resource. Now if I say plunder all, I get 1500 of each resource, and if I plunder an individual resource, I would get 2000 of that resource. However when you attack with a plunder, your units will move 30% slower. You also get 10% less BP.. When attacking with a plunder via sea, your transport capacity will be reduced by 5% (Rounded to the nearest unit)
The resources received are taken from the player. I.E., they loose more resources. If the attacked person does not have enough resources, you will get all that they have and no more.

You will be able to calculate your loot with the simulator and with an espionage. Having a tower in the city will reduce the loot bonus by 5% (This will stack with the city wall bonus)

NOW UPDATED!

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser31385

Please make that a darker shade of green. I can't read it.

DeletedUser35431

Got it. Done. Please can we discuss this more. I want this implemented.

DeletedUser35431

Bupin this since it has not been posted in for a while. Please leave you thoughts.

DeletedUser31385

How about 1% per wall level? This would encourage the destruction of walls.

Status
Not open for further replies.