Inactive Topic Plus rep at the start

DeletedUser25787

Proposal:
To have players new to the forum start out with one or two bars of green rep.

Have you Checked the DNS and PSI lists in the Archives? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested?
I didn't see one

Reason:
On the forum there are some players that love to make people have bad rep right away no matter the content of the post. I've seen several new players just as quickly quit the forum as join it and when talking to them they said how they got minus repped for just asking a question or stating their opinion. I know most people aren't trolls like that but the people who are, are killing the forums

Details:
When players start one or two rep bars are added automatically

Visual Aids:
Just a regular green rep bar

Balance:
None

Abuse Prevention:
no abuse that I can think of

Summary:
Players that start in the forums will already have plus rep

(This is my first idea so if I did something wrong or you have any change ideas let me know and I'll fix it :) )

DeletedUser8396

Against as well, but agree that these people derepping are hurting forum activity.

DeletedUser8396

agreed with these guys^^^

maybe having new players being greeted by a committee of players and mods?
a group that explains the forums and tries to make it interesting to them?

Against this as well. We shouldn't have to have a committee saying hello...We should do it anyway.

DeletedUser30490

:D
well i dont know
something to encourage players to stay
not make accounts to ask when a world starts then leaves and never returns

DeletedUser19042

It has always been one of the priorities of Innogames to attract people to cummunicate outside of the forum. The only problem is; not everyone likes going outside of the game. Ingame communications are restricted to personal accounts and PM's, alliance forums, .. while over here it's public. You can get loved and hated by 1 simple post. Being bashed for a not so smart statement.

Attracting people to the forum is not so hard. But let them stay.. well that's an whole other story. Several Innogames communities have tried to build up a large forum userbase. But as far as I know, all their attempts failed.

It's just 'the kind of people'.
Admit it or not, you just have to like the forums. It's a special thing to come out of your little box and speak publicly on this forum, write a PnP and then wait in fear for reactions.. (okay, I exagerated that last part :D )

DeletedUser29066

agreed with these guys^^^

maybe having new players being greeted by a committee of players and mods?
a group that explains the forums and tries to make it interesting to them?

I like where you're going, but I agree with a pebble that a welcoming committee is not the way. How about an automated tutorial, like the one ingame? One that walks new forum members through things like creating a profile, choosing a sig and an avatar, explains the forum structure and rules, and helps them create their first post.

DeletedUser31385

I have seen many people abuse this system, that is why they removed it on US in the first place.

DeletedUser8396

I have seen many people abuse this system, that is why they removed it on US in the first place.

Removing rep will only kill the forums faster. That is why they put it back on US in the first place.

DeletedUser31385

Took a year and half to do it. It still is not repaired yet. We can't rep anyone at this point.

DeletedUser8396

It took getting a new COMA for US to get rep back.

Exactly. At least the new COMA can see what partially caused the decline of the forum. One reason why I have hope for the US forum to regrow.

But let's not stray too far from the idea.

DeletedUser33530

they actually brought it back? Wow maybe soon posting more than once in an hour won't get people banned :rolleyes:

DeletedUser

Starter rep, that sounds like a great idea, now when one of my guys wants to create a phoney war declaration under a nearly right name they can post massively in acropolis and guarantee they have rep bars so that it is not an obvious troll.

Ingame wars can be won and lost on the external forums. Maybe that keeps a portion of the forum population quiet ;)

Or maybe James is just too scary?

DeletedUser44167

I wonder what the equivalent of "frosty" is for the negative end of the spectrum

Red is beautiful!