(PnP)Akademia: Bound for Glory or Destruction?

DeletedUser

As this worlds starts off with a bang, drama abounds. Jarpenguin disbands the largest alliance in the world, players inundate with massive amounts of invites and MRA arguments abound.
But the biggest shock is yet to come: PI has its first self-proclaimed elite alliance!
For those who don't know what that means, an elite alliance is a smaller alliance that picks quality over quantity. (The first real elite alliances were Grepohugs and Serpantine Medea(sp?) on Gamma)

As you've probably guessed from the title, it is indeed Akademia. It has some great looking players so far and has the highest average score in the top 12 alliances. With all these things going for them, i'm sure you're asking, what's wrong with them?

Jarwhal has in fact committed the mortal of attempting to recruit from other alliances :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
For me, this is the ultimate disrespect. First to the player, you're questioning their loyalty and integrity and then to the alliance leader you're basically giving them the middle finger.
Hello,

I am Jarwhal and I am contacting you about joining my premade Akademia. As you can see I am looking to start a very dominant alliance on Pi and to be honest looking at the other alliances in the world I think I can :-D

Why am I contacted you?

I am contacting you because I am impressed with what I have seen from you on this world, you are performing strongly. Because of your strength I would like to offer an invitation out to you to joinAkademia. We will invariably have a high average points and a good map position all around the core as we are trying to dominate in every ocean from the start.

My stats as a leader are that I co-founded Phenomen on Beta and founded The Aristocrats on Nu, an alliance which early on matched Shadows Fall in average points before eventually merging into them and bringing them a strong core of players including rank 1 mAsTeRiTy. If you want any further information on my experience then feel free to message me back.

Thanks a lot,
Jarwhal
First off, i find it funny how he didn't even address my player by his or her name, just mass mail to the top 50 i'm sure. Secondly, what does he know about the quality of the alliances on this world? the world's barely been open 24 hrs.
As for -Achilles-(aka jarwhal)'s experience, that's a joke. He inherited the jarwhal account from the original owner on Beta(hmmm, did he actually co-found Phenomen?)
For his actual experience take a look at his performance on Omicron(scroll down the page a lil)
http://forum.en.grepolis.com/showthread.php?t=17892

So, citizens of PI will you allow these deceitful practices to continue, or will you make a stand and say that we don't want this type of behavior on PI? :pro:

Lugosi

Strategos
I do want this behaviour; jarpenguin is the entertainment apart from that it's just two bar and negative rep people talking basic rubbish :) blahblahblah

DeletedUser

I take it you will not be joining them, then? Seemed like a good offer to me. But, each to their own and all that, I guess. ;)

As for -Achilles-, you were correct in stating he inherited the Jarwhal account. However, he was an original player of Beta and I do believe (If I can remember accurately) he did co-found Phenomen.

Anyway, member sniping happens all throughout Grepolis. You just have to hope you and you're members are loyal enough to stay where they are. Look on the bright side, if members do leave you will realise that they were never going to be any good for your alliance anyway.

On a quick side note, SM and GH were certainly not the first elite alliances. Let's not forget about Beta alliances, such as Phenomen themselves or, in my case, Serenity.

DeletedUser

I take it you will not be joining them, then? Seemed like a good offer to me. But, each to their own and all that, I guess. ;)

As for -Achilles-, you were correct in stating he inherited the Jarwhal account. However, he was an original player of Beta and I do believe (If I can remember accurately) he did co-found Phenomen.

Anyway, member sniping happens all throughout Grepolis. You just have to hope you and you're members are loyal enough to stay where they are. Look on the bright side, if members do leave you will realise that they were never going to be any good for your alliance anyway.

On a quick side note, SM and GH were certainly not the first elite alliances. Let's not forget about Beta alliances, such as Phenomen themselves or, in my case, Serenity.

O sorry, i played on delta, so my knowledge of Gamma was limited to what i heard from Legionreturns, and i honestly don't have knowledge of Beta, thanks for the correction

DeletedUser

O sorry, i played on delta, so my knowledge of Gamma was limited to what i heard from Legionreturns, and i honestly don't have knowledge of Beta, thanks for the correction

Good 'ol influential Leggy. ;)

Don't worry about it, it's not that much of an issue. There were most likely some on Alpha as well, just less known. Also, I'd rather not get into a discussion about who were first as it would never end sufficiently.

Back onto the topic of Akademia. I don't actually know much about them. If anyone would like to fill me in, it would be appreciated...

DeletedUser345

Oh my Godzilla I am a nub aren't I :D

But seriously Jon player sniping happens and in recruiting you do tend to big your alliance up and rip others down, anyway it's good to have more than one option doesn't it make you feel loved? If you have a problem with the practice of recruiting members from smaller alliances then ask the mods to ban it. And please don't criticize my experience as I know how to play the game been rank 1 and all did all that leadership malarkey and those Omicron claims? I think I made my opinions heard a few pages in. I myself haven't had a great start been busy with work but don't worry about me I'll do that myself :D

DeletedUser345

Jarwhal(Achilles) teaches them mathematics.

And Philosophy and playing the game, it's almost like a guide library where I have/will store guides that can only be found in certain forums, like taking some eclusivse guides only found in Phenos forums and giving them another home like the great library of Alexandria.

Really it was a spur of the moment thing, let's set up a fun alliance as before I've only ever been elite. Hope that helps Dobbz you in this world?

DeletedUser

I have an account here, but am yet to choose my direction. More of a method of saving my spot for when I do join. Although that probably won't happen too soon as I don't have the time or effort to start in the middle of the core again.

Who is this Douxz fellow, then? Should I know him or be scared?

DeletedUser

I have an account here, but am yet to choose my direction. More of a method of saving my spot for when I do join. Although that probably won't happen too soon as I don't have the time or effort to start in the middle of the core again.

Who is this Douxz fellow, then? Should I know him or be scared?
Im assuming now because he leads an MRA (TiS) sooooooo yeah lol.

DeletedUser

As this worlds starts off with a bang, drama abounds. Jarpenguin disbands the largest alliance in the world, players inundate with massive amounts of invites and MRA arguments abound.
But the biggest shock is yet to come: PI has its first self-proclaimed elite alliance!
For those who don't know what that means, an elite alliance is a smaller alliance that picks quality over quantity. (The first real elite alliances were Grepohugs and Serpantine Medea(sp?) on Gamma)

As you've probably guessed from the title, it is indeed Akademia. It has some great looking players so far and has the highest average score in the top 12 alliances. With all these things going for them, i'm sure you're asking, what's wrong with them?

Jarwhal has in fact committed the mortal of attempting to recruit from other alliances :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
For me, this is the ultimate disrespect. First to the player, you're questioning their loyalty and integrity and then to the alliance leader you're basically giving them the middle finger.

First off, i find it funny how he didn't even address my player by his or her name, just mass mail to the top 50 i'm sure. Secondly, what does he know about the quality of the alliances on this world? the world's barely been open 24 hrs.
As for -Achilles-(aka jarwhal)'s experience, that's a joke. He inherited the jarwhal account from the original owner on Beta(hmmm, did he actually co-found Phenomen?)
For his actual experience take a look at his performance on Omicron(scroll down the page a lil)
http://forum.en.grepolis.com/showthread.php?t=17892

So, citizens of PI will you allow these deceitful practices to continue, or will you make a stand and say that we don't want this type of behavior on PI? :pro:

Weird, huh? It was my leaderhship aswell that match TA with SF, and I invited/talked to mAsTeRiTy.

Lugosi

Strategos
Im assuming now because he leads an MRA (TiS) sooooooo yeah lol.

wrong, he founded it and led the original one. He has nothing to do with the one I created before entering pheno hense why it only has 50+ members instead of 1500+. prabha, I wanted you in 55 :(

DeletedUser

hey I'm 'the great Douxz'. phahaha. i played in early 2010 and yeah i might if sent a few to many invites with 1500+ member at one point. :L but I'm back and working on quality and slowing getting back on my feet and getting closer to number 1 average points. wish you all goood luck, see you in the game. :p

DeletedUser345

Weird, huh? It was my leaderhship aswell that match TA with SF, and I invited/talked to mAsTeRiTy.

Thats not true and if mAsTeR was around he would tell you, i founded the alliance and your little 2 man alliance joined on your promise of experience but you couldn't keep up you were dropping off the back of the alliance and werent pulling your wait. I contacted mAsTeR personally and persuaded him to join and sent the invite so dont sprout false facts for it was TK who approached me about the merge and i agreed it with him.

DeletedUser

Noo... fingolfin messaged me, then TommyKnight formally announced it and it was you who didn't want to merge.