PnP History + Storyline

DeletedUser12512

Ok,

Yes, I am bored, but I thought it would be fun to compile some of my older PnP's and see if anyone is still doing them, since on the worlds I play on the forums seem to be dead. this is intended for the Acropolis, to encourage dialogue, and get people excited about different aspects of the game, it's not just about graphics, and it's not about me, so I put it here intentionally.

My first server was Theta, (Lionheart, and then Alliance X being my last alliance there) where I did some graphics but it was for internal consumption and a strategy/tactical/logistic's guide that made sense at the time, but I was even more of a noob then, then I am now, so I will omit posting those and move on to my next server :p

Iota - I joined Iota under the alias Ignavus (Greek for 'lazy') as I was invited into the premade 'Vortex' but for those of you that have been in a premade with Aicy and Jarpenguin it was excessive drama and not for me, so I joined a small local alliance that a couple cool people on my starting island were in named 'BLACK Fleet' made up of some of the guys that apparently came from an old alliance named 'BLACK'.

I did some PnP's for them, some CoA, and some of what I call 'internal morale boosters':

Personal CoA's with rank insignia's for the leadership team:

BF---LORD-BANATH.gif

BF---Ignavus1.gif

BF---T1900-MoA.gif

BF---Smokey-joe1.gif

BF---Stray-13.gif

BF---Jared.gif

BF---Jonah-Hex1.gif

BF-Pascalef.gif

BF---aktus.gif

BF---LemonJesus.gif

Some generic CoA's for the 'crew' given as rewards for outstanding teamplay or effort on the alliances behalf:

BF---FTB2.gif

BF---TWYCGNB.gif

BF---AAH.gif

BF---DMTNT.gif

BF---PTBB.gif

BF---YARR.gif

BF---AYSD.gif

BF---KTTC.gif

Yes, I know, they are basically the same, but it was my first effort and it made sense to me to make them 'unified' in design so as to show unity in the alliances membership. I think it worked well, so I made some of my first PnP's based off of them, and hopefully pioneered a few changes in the way the older PnP's were done.

The next one also from BLACK Fleet, but to be continued in the next post...my first PnP.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser12512

This is the alliance introduction I did in PnP format, just for fun, and to get everyone into the spirit of the theme of the alliance (which was pirates obviously)

BF---Codex-Title.gif

-
BF---Codex-Page-1.gif

-
BF---Codex-Page-2.gif

-
BF---Codex-Page-3.gif

-
BF---Codex-Page-4.gif

This next one was our first real war, and actually I did this one before all the CoA's as a few of the players in the CoA were in Shadow Gods before this war/pnP, but I took a helluva long time doing it, and enjoyed it just as much, it was my first real PnP for the externals.

PnP---Title.gif

-
PnP---Page-1.gif

-
PnP---Page-2.gif

-
PnP---Page-3.gif

-
PnP---Page-4.gif

-
PnP---Page-5.gif

-
PnP---Page-6.gif

-
PnP---Page-7.gif

-
PnP---Page-8.gif

---- to be con't...

DeletedUser12512

Most people didn't get this one, but it was a barb on 'MaSTeRitY' who had joined/started Elite Shadows (apparently a better version of Black Shadows) who had declared war on us as well... joining The Hive in their quest for server domination. At the time we happened to be in the middle. All in fun.

You notice my format changed, all to be a bit of a spoof of another persons change in PnP format to emulate mine (comic style) who had previously done the 'post a sentence - load a picture' format in which he took stock images from the comics website (apparently a well known comic), and loaded them up just changing the words, I felt it was a weak effort but an effort nonetheless, so I wanted to take it a step further and made the little people myself instead. I forget the persons name atm.

Bee-Hind the Scenes
-
Beehind-pg1.gif

-
Beehind-pg2.gif

-
Beehind-pg3.gif

-
Beehind-pg4.gif

-
Beehind-pg5.gif

-
Beehind-pg6.gif

The next one was all about an alliance that betrayed BLACK Fleet. Their leader at the time, who ran the alliance called Invictus Eternus (which means 'Eternally Unconquered' which I found ironic) gave up without a fight to the first enemy that threatened their soveignty. In this case a coalition named 'The Hive' The 'leader' of IE has recently returned to the game, but I won't mention him by name as his paranoia will do that for him soon enough. It's a shame too, as we wuld have gotten along well if he wasn't such a er...can I say 'er'?

Oddly enough we had tonnes of messages from players saying they had made a mistake in joining this coalition, thats why the waiting room is full of other alliances members - Tribute to Duuk Tsarith (DT) being as they had the small membership base of pretty good players at the time, but lost their spark when their leader went MIA.

The Unconquered
-
TheUnconqueredTitle.png

-
TU1.png

-
TU2.png

-
TU3.png

-
TU4.png

-
TU5.png

-
TU6.png

DeletedUser12512

So after a while we decided to leave Iota behind, I remember the date as it was the day they announced Kappa coming out and our core of players were making the move together to start fresh in Kappa, I returned to the forums to post this farewell PnP/message.

Resolve-page-1.gif

-
Resolve-page-2.gif

-
Resolve-page-3.gif

-
Resolve-page-4-1.gif

-
Resolve-page-5.gif

-
Resolve-page-6.gif

-
Resolve-page-7.gif

-
Resolve-page-8.gif

-
Resolve-page-9.gif

-
Resolve-page-10.gif

-
Resolve-page-11-1.gif

In hindsight the color made it sorta hard to read, but I was going for that rustic look

DeletedUser12512

So Kappa was probably my favorite server, I started out playing incognito as Atticus X, the first time using this alias and I ddin't let anyone but one person know who I had been on Iota, not even my buddies who I was suppose to start their first alliance with.

Instead I figured I would try manipulating events from outside, to ensure I knew of things that I wouldn't have if I was part of them from the beginning. That didn't last long, as the alliance I joined disolved real quick, and the only members of any quality left the server, leaving me with just a few remnants of people to merge with my old friends. I think the original alliance was called 'The Syndicate' and my friends were almost all in 'Dark Sun', which later merged with Dark Tide, and Dark something or other else (Calling maybe?) to just 'Dark' but it was basically an inactive MRA so I came up with an idea to start something very small and see how it would work out. Before I knew what was happening, we had formed .9. with our friends from Iota, and a few new friends, some old ones didn't come, and didn't understand the whole move originally, but it was evident to them soon after why we did what we did.

As I mentioned, .9. was the most fun I have had playing grepo so far, and the graphics around it had tonnes of potential, since basically there was only 9 core players, no morons, and all real players, not wannabes, so we used the theme from the movie, "9" and everyone had an equal say, they were all founders of the alliance, no ranks, just players with differing skill sets wanting to play together without what we called 'bleeding heart syndrome' that had infected Dark.

yuyuyu.gif

senioroftractus.gif

Cavewatcher.gif

AARP.gif

delphina666.gif

Atticus-X.gif

Seabreeze11-1.gif

shalashaska.gif

fin13.gif

smokeyjoe.gif

Stray13.gif

Byrn3.gif

Saeed.gif

Good people all, and I miss them to a man. Some of them are still scattered about on different servers but most have moved on from Grepolis - I blame 2.x for that.

DeletedUser12512

After kappa I joined Xi with a lot of the same people after being invited into MetalCore's premade named Nemesis which I was pretty excited about, as we had what I thought was an awesome plan - Jack and I were going to both have alias's this time, I was STATLER, he was WALDORF, and we were going to do our best to ham it up on the server with a series of PnP's that would hopefully lighten the mood, and it was perfect as from all appearances the alliance was made up of some very well qualified players, in fact, a large percentage of the best players in grepolis to date. the problem was that it turned out Metalcore didn't do much leading at all, he sort of bailed out in the second week and left a power vacumn to fill for leadership which had to be filled unfortunately for us by Myself and Jack, and some of the top ranked players found that they weren't able to commit the time to stay at the top, which disheartened them somewhat and they left the server/game. People like I am just a witch, and MasTeRiTy among them, Weak I know, but if you want to be the best and you can't commit to it, it's sort of understandable, everyone has their own reasons for playing.

Anyway, Nemesis provided me with a wicked theme for some cool looking CoA's and the STATLER & WALDORF was perfect for our "From the Balcony' PnP theme that we intended to use to get a few laughs.

Check out some of the tags & PnP's:

MetalCore.gif

STATLER.gif

Waldorf.gif

Vork.gif

CROPY.gif

UncleBuck.gif

mousemat.gif

Sandsoftime.gif

BenjaminGibbs.gif

Fogge.gif

HTS-Gavin.gif

Sentls.gif

SaintChill.gif

Siekerrun.gif

Draculasheir.gif

Jennesis.gif

PrincessLozza.gif

Mac-Edwards.gif

Apologia.gif

Raintown.gif

How Nemesis ended I am not very proud of, I stepped down as founder/leader (after losing some of my zest for the server after the WALDORF of my S&W team left the server) and gave leadership to a player that should never have had leadership and I left the server. Basically the existing core leadership didn't want the weight of leading an alliance either. Well that person, as great a kid / member as he was, was not suitable for leading, so instead of allowing him to slowly kill what had ben a great alliance I returned and basically took it away from him and disolved Nemesis asking our better players to join Project Venom (those that hadn't already left the server which were numerous at this point). Some got left behind, and some made the move. Today I regret suggesting joining PV as a course of action, only so that there was a more balanced server atm. Hindsight again.

I'll post a few of the PnP's next...

DeletedUser12512

The first war that Nemesis entered into tha was deserving of a PnP was against a coalition of allainces bent on our early destruction, in their mind to prevent us from dominating...

For those of you that are familiar with the player MOSID, you will remember his adamant approach to everything in the game, the use of CAPS for everything, and his diehard belief that he was the greatest leader...ever

CAPS LOCK OFF
-
II1.gif

-
II2.gif

-
II3-1.gif

-
II4-1.gif

-
II5.gif

-
II6.gif

-
II7.gif
-
II8.gif

-
II9a.gif

-
II10.gif

-
II11.gif

-
II12.gif

DeletedUser12512

This PnP is an explanation of the agreement Nemesis made at the beginning of the server with Killer Wabbits, no formal plan, or pact, just an agreement to go seperate directions and avoid each other when and where possible. I made the PnP to elaborate that to people witnessing the next part of Xi history to give them a bit of background info. Pay close attention to the spoiler in particular. Basically this was a 'PR CYA'.

The Arrangement

1-1.gif

-
2.gif

-
3.gif

-
Spoiler-1.gif

After this we 'declared war' by launching attacks and posting or intentions on the externals, in this next PnP (which I am tying to find right now ;-p)

This series of PnP's was me exploring a new format, I took the 'faces' that I had made for each player and combined them into the group shot here, so each of those faces was from a CoA of one of the members, pretty cool representation of them I think.

The Plan

1a.gif

2a.gif

3a.gif

The-Plan-4.gif

The-Plan-5.gif

The War

Part-3-1.gif

Part-3-2.gif

Part-3-11.gif

war-final--4.gif

war-final--3.gif

war-final--2.gif

war-final--1.gif

war-final.gif

DeletedUser17088

Wow, the nostalgia is too much!

Black fleet PnP's brought back a lot of memories as do the Kappa ones. Can't say I'm too proud of the Xi memories though.

Good times though, some of the best

DeletedUser8969

you always made the best PnP's on xi. i always enjoyed seeing them.

tbf many of the players you sent our way quit right away and a few more were going to until they found out they enjoyed being a part of our alliance. the raintown op was their swansong.

cropy, jenn and lozza were definite assets to our cause. siekerrun not so much. i had to boot him because he didn't want to follow the alliance rules despite being warned. the rest on your list that we took in ended up simming and going inactive so it wasn't really a windfall for PV.

ahhh... the memories. :)

DeletedUser

awesome pnps and awesome memories, kappa really was the business (inlove)

DeletedUser12512

This PnP I think I made after Jack (WALDORF) decided to leave the server rather abrubtly and become a mod, because he felt that was a better use of his time...yeah, you don't want to hear what I think about that. Obviously, the punch line is in the 'spoiler' at the end.

The Ringer

P.gif

-
P1.gif

-
P2.gif

-
P3.gif

-
P4.gif

-----

The peanut gallery was written in response to hearing too much of Daizans diatribe back in the early days. It was just a friendly jab at him.

The Peanut Gallery

P-Nut.gif

-
P-nut1.gif

-
Spoiler-2-PG.gif
-
peantut-finish.gif

DeletedUser12512

lol, I totally forgot about this one, and it has to be one of my personal favorites too. This was in response to an outcry from the alliance Killer Wabbits

What made it special was not how successful we were with the war/op, cause that was basically a given with the crew we had, but more about all the whingiing they did, not about just being attacked, but by being attacked on a weekday, and at 'night time' which has absolutely no grouds for reason or logic whatsoever in an online browser game, not only is it irrelevent that it was a weekday, but this game is played by players from around the world, so the 'night time' excuse seemed pretty thin, about as thin as 'Wabbit Skin'. They go down in my books as the best grudgeholders of all time, I am still hated by these guys, even though I did very little of the attacking myself, I think they were bothered just as much by the fact we didn't give them 24 hours notice...lol...this still makes me laugh even today, as I posted the announcement of our attack on the external forums, it just happened to be 1 minute after the attacks started being launched, and coincidentally about 10 minutes after their leadership may or may not have gone to sleep... which wasn't part of the plan...really.

As it turned out some of our own members didn't approve, as they saw it as a 'sneak attack' yet the information we had was pretty clear, they had attacked 3 of our members 'by accident' within the week prior to us coming up with and launching the attacks. We also pulled a 'Daizan' and gave them all the opportunity to leave Wabbits so that they wouldn't be part of the main offensive....which we intended to do, since a few of the players were friends of MetalCores that were just getting into the game, we assumed at least a few of them would bail out as well. They thought the offer was insincere though, as they assumed the first wave of attacks was our main offensive, but it wasn't, the truth was we had 2 more waves planned, we just didn't need them. After it started we had most of them buckle, enter VM, or start colonizing nearby so that their cities were too small to want...

Its-Wabbit-Season.gif

Part-1.gif

Part-2.gif

Part-3.gif

Part-4.gif

The absolute best part of all this...I have returned to Xi, and now I am in an alliance with some of these same people.

DeletedUser12512

This was my last PnP on Xi. I did it as I was just about to transition founder rights over to a new leader for Nemesis. And I was trying to give him some creditability. He didn't quite turn out the way we hoped, but at this point, I wasn't going to be on Xi anymore, the otehr leadership didn't want the job, so I didn't much care, the PnP was fun to make, and involved most of my learned graphics skills by this point to do it. I'm still a noob, I had just gotten better at hiding it.

PKa.gif

-
PK1a.gif

-
PK2a.gif

-
PK3a.gif

-
PK4a.gif
-
PK5a.gif

-
PK6a.gif

-
PK7a.gif

DeletedUser12512

So after Xi, 2.x worlds were coming out, and the settings were finally right for the next pre-made on Tau. This time one made by Tommy Knight originally (and then Spartan-Fury took over when Tommy experienced his personal tragedy) called Nightmares of Elysium, which also had some great people in it, but like so many other pre-mades, it didn't have as much organization as it should and it seemed everyone was playing more for themselves then the team. Not to mention, the whole thing seemed a little more disorganized to me then it should have been, but I don't blame the people for that, I blame the graphics and bugs that were prominant in 2.x at the time that Tau opened up.

After starting late on the server I stayed for a very little time here, and I quickly came to the conclusion that I hate 2.x worlds, the graphics and user interface are completely different then what attracted me to Grepolis in the first place, and if I played 2.x I might as well play one of a thousand other browser games that look and feel and react basically the exact same way.

Just, not for me, but I did get into the spirit of making some CoA's for the group while I was there, trying to enhance my limited graphics skills by making something a little more unique then the typical rectangular banner. The alliance was split into 4 squads, each with their own color. (which wasn't a great way to do things btw)

Take a look:

Alpha Squad

Skullyhoofd.gif

FOTNS.gif

SaintChill.gif

OKCAdonis1.gif

Die-Xerxes.gif

Fin13.gif

Curly123.gif

Bravo Squad

ETelling1.gif

Himcules.gif

asth.gif

Charlie Squad

Pythagorus.gif

EbcKyle.gif

Atticus-X.gif

iCyber.gif

Delta Squad

Twisted-Soldier.gif

khyeo15.gif

FBMU.gif

Picture9.gif

Picture12.gif

I had several more here, but as I was giving them out as rewards, by the time I got to know enough of the poeple I didn't already make one for, I had no interest in plaing Tau.

It's a shame really, as the people were great, I just can't stand the newer version of the game.

So thats it, the end of my graphics for the moment, I am toying with doing something for the allaince I rejoined on XI, but at the moment I am without photoshop for another week or so, so it's in limbo. Hopefully someone has some comments on all this crap, or it encourages smoeone to try doing somethig themselves.

I believe making banners are great, but only benefit one person, where as PnP's are community wide, and can bring more to the table, so get out there and create something !!!

DeletedUser12512

oops found a couple more that I did at the begginning of Xi

This one was to introduce us to the externals

PS-Title.gif

-
Old-Men-in-Black.gif

---

A one liner. Originally we thought we would do this sort of thing often.

Server-Life.gif

---

A spoof we made about people talking about joining PV, so we figured we would play along like we wanted too in PnP format. This one as a good one I think, it made Jack and I laugh a lot anyway.

PV-Intro.gif

-
PV1.gif

-
PV2.gif

-
PV3.gif

-
PV4.gif

-
PV5.gif

-
PV6.gif

-
PV7.gif

DeletedUser12512

Hah, One I made to use on posts we thought were exceptionally lame:
-
OSOA.gif

-
With the general lack of comments I am starting to thinnk I should use it on my own thread ;-)

---
Some of the other one-liners
-
weight.gif

-
bohoohoho.gif

-
Mockery.gif

-
lol.gif

DeletedUser

Wow, those are incredible.

Fair enough to you for putting them together!

DeletedUser

Most awesome PnP , many thanks for investing all that time in creating them and now reposting them. I really enjoyed that minimalistic art during the Black fleet, elite Shadows Hive war.
It shows how powerful good php can be.

Hope you'll be making more, well, another good reason not to convert everything into 2.0, let At or Stat continue his/her PnP!!! :Angry: