PnP-Ionian Legions fights a 2 front war

DeletedUser

*war trumpets sound in the background as troops march to battle and the far-away sound of Egypt's pharaohs, the God-Kings, being beheaded and the evil phoenix being vanquished*

Many alliances, feeling threatened by the number of growing and stronger alliances surrounding them, decided that they must combine to survive and went to battle under the Ionian flag...

Ionian Legions, fighting in the north, the outstart God-Kings, who have decided their long-gone reign of Egypt 1500 years ago are still not over, as they are so mis-orientated they do not know it is not 2011, have decided that they will not bother with such small and unimportant things like diplomacy and began to skirmish in IL's border. Like the ancient Romans before us, IL has fought off these skirmishes until we have decided to get serious. Meanwhile, in the south, a growing phoenix began to attack IL's south border. Faced with enemies all around, IL has decided that the time for peace was over. Now war will take over...

Update:I will keep this post updated usually within 3 days. The war with G-K as slowed down(just a little). We have been fighting for inactives, usually ghost towns in o62 and o63, but some IL inactives as well. I am happy to say that in this proxy war IL is dominating, with more than 3 conquests broken, 5 successfully conquored inactives that G-K was aware of (because of the ls that G-K sent) and only about 2 broken by G-K and perhaps 2 more conquored by G-K. The war with TFP has slowed down to a standstill, but we here in IL hope to resolve that soon...

This was more than a month ago. Like the Germans in WW2, we have decided that we must adopt a defensive posture in the south and attack the growing threat in the north. God-Kings, now faced with the brunt of the Ionian offensives, could not bring themselves to fight fair and decided to hack into one of our founder's accounts and delete our alliance. However, the brotherhood of IL stood strong, and IL quickly rose to it's former strength in less than a week. Next, God-Kings decided that they would plagurize our name and form a alliance called Ionian-Kings. Mass inviting and mass mailing our members, tricking them into join G-K's newly formed training alliance.

In the south, TFP began to slowly infiltrate our defense and push into southern o73. We are beginning to fight back in this front as well...

Surrounded by hostiles, Ionian Legions will flourish under this war...Now for some interesting tidbits and stories(I cannot guarantee it not be bias, but all of it has actually happened.

Vengence1, the founder of IL, and the number#1 enemy of G-K, has never in his grepolis life ever had any one of his cities taken from G-K, or frankly any person other than himself. And there can be no 'secret' argument, as G-K very well know he is the founder, and there has been multiple attempts to cs him, all that failed. He has gained more than 26,000 defensive bp and 3 failed cs attempts in a day.

TFP presence in o74 outnumbers the combined forces of Ionian Legions, Ionian War Academy, and Initiates of Ares in o73 by 240,000 points. I know points aren't everything, but just another small tidbit proving TFP have local superiority in at least the northern part of Delta, no idea in the southern part.

In the beginning of the reincarnation of IL after the sabotage by G-K, IL had much much more defensive bp than BPA, ranked 25 in bpd, and 35th in bpa. Now, we are ranked 17th in our 2-month life, and 19th in defense.

So...In this public statement, IL has now formally announces their formal declaration of War hereby declares war on TFP in the south, and G-K , TS(the satraps) and PS(Pugnacious Spirit).

Note:we have been warring for some time, but I feel it is time for a formal declaration of war in the public forums.
A map has been included of Delta, courtesy of ac04, to show IL's position in the world in relation to TFP and G-K
This post will be updated at the very least every 3 days. The war with TFP has slowed down to a standstill, while the war with G-K also slowed down(just a little). We are fighting a proxy war with G-K over inactives and ghost towns, in which we are dominating. We have conquered 6 inactives(one just yesterday) where G-K knew we were doing so(they sent ls), and broken about 4 G-K attempts. They in turn broke 3 conquests and taken 2 cities...
EDIT:
In a effort to break the stalemate, IL has launched a large offensive at G-K and have seen a large counter-offense in return. IL at first kicked it off with 3 cs attempts, two which were unsuccessful but one that got through. In return we got 2 cs back, one that G-K withdrew due to attacks but one that(sadly) got through. We retaliated with 2 more cs, with 1 successful, and one broken on impact due to G-K's pretty good timing. In a period of 40 hours, 7 cs were sent or received by IL, with 2 conquests made by IL and 1 by G-K. Seems pretty good to me :)
LIVE UPDATE:G-K sent another cs, but thanks to major support sent from IL, the cs, troops, and clearing attacks, totaling 5 nukes, were decimated.

Another offense, this time against The Satraps

Well the allied offensive against The Satraps, G-K's training alliance, is on. DonnisG, the founder of Satraps recently lost 10 cities. OUCH. If you go look on grepostats, you can see a visible change in TS's points. A large arch downwards...http://www.grepostats.com/world/en4/alliance/19903...hehe. In o61, TS are losing ground against the allied offensive. DoA is also pushing through as well.

G-K's huge offensive....in which G-K dubs 'the nail in v1's coffer', has ended. They were trying to destroy v1's undefeated reputation, but failed miserably. Giving v1 the cp enough for 3 more cities, and losing half their birmier force, IL/DoA coalition prevails again. G-K's cs is lost again. I will post pics later.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

TFP presence in o74 outnumbers the combined forces of Ionian Legions, Ionian War Academy, and Initiates of Ares in o73 by 240,000 points. I know points aren't everything, but just another small tidbit proving TFP have local superiority in at least the northern part of Delta, no idea in the southern part.

That is true but most of TFP is working to expand our small foothold into O64 than to 73, as O64 gives us a much better attack point onto DoA than O73

DeletedUser

First of all nice PnP, maybe a bit less text and some pictures to make it somewhat humorous :)

Yes we have a superiority if you look at O74, but not every single player in O74 is attacking your cities in O73. Only the people on the northern border are able to really do anything significant as IL and her allies (DoA/IoA) in O73 are all very close to each other with greater number of cities able to support in a much quicker time. If anyone wanted to send a CS from mid-74 into south 73 (for example, your city 6-delphi), the coalition in O73 would be able to support that city with plenty of time, pull back their support for fun, and support it again before the CS arrived :)

This was just to add to some of the facts on your post. Good luck to all alliances involved and hopefully TFP will emerge victorious though :)

DeletedUser

First of all nice PnP, maybe a bit less text and some pictures to make it somewhat humorous :)

Yes we have a superiority if you look at O74, but not every single player in O74 is attacking your cities in O73. Only the people on the northern border are able to really do anything significant as IL and her allies (DoA/IoA) in O73 are all very close to each other with greater number of cities able to support in a much quicker time. If anyone wanted to send a CS from mid-74 into south 73 (for example, your city 6-delphi), the coalition in O73 would be able to support that city with plenty of time, pull back their support for fun, and support it again before the CS arrived :)

This was just to add to some of the facts on your post. Good luck to all alliances involved and hopefully TFP will emerge victorious though :)

Well...I am flattered that me and my allies prove so strong and scary that you dare not challenge the might of the Empire of Ryu0806...LOL. Anyway, but you have cities in close proximity from my cities...don't forget, as Apollo likes to wave at my face, that you have a 20 city strong foothold in o73, literally surrounding my capital and several of my other cities. But yes, we have a kind of standstill in o73...

DeletedUser

Actually if you read my post right I wasn't talking about the empire of Ryu :) I was talking about IL, DoA, IoA all who are in the area and who supported previous conquests etc... We have a 20 or so city foothold on southern 73 but as everyone can see from the map that the rest of 73 at the moment is filled with IL, DoA, IoA. There used to be some Soldiers of Doomsday but they merged into IoA so all I see when I scroll north on the map is red flags :)

DeletedUser

lol well your looking at a carbon copy of what I see in o74, so no worries;)

DeletedUser

O73 has grown dull of late, nothing like the first two weeks of the war with TFP, where attacks were flying in left right and centre and conquest where ubiquitously . The war is now fought over inactives like the G-K war and no headway is really gained by either side. Hopefully the 2.0 patch will offer a chance for a victory in the new perks that the world wonders offer :)

DeletedUser

yes...I think after the initial madness, we've slowed down, as fourty or badnight said of their war with tfp, people lose troops and begin to slow down.

DeletedUser

That is true but most of TFP is working to expand our small foothold into O64 than to 73, as O64 gives us a much better attack point onto DoA than O73

Wasn't it more like DoA taking o64 from TFP, and TFP trying to retake it?

DeletedUser14500

First of all nice post ryu0806.

Made a good read, however having to read about myself as being 'Evil' was quite interesting :).

In respects to O64, it is the other way around ryu0806. TFP have been having quite the success here. This isn't the thread to talk about our success/failure against DoA though.

But re O74 Vs O73 conflicts when they do arise it should get interesting :), TFP look forward to it.

Regards,
Gavin

DeletedUser

same, you just need to persuade your souther o73 members that the sea of red that they are seeing is actually not scary and they can actually attack us:D After all, that's the carbon copy of what I'm seeing here in o73 looking down:)
can some mod merge this thread IL vs. G-K since bit's pretty much the same topic?

Last edited by a moderator: