Pnp PnP: Surviving the bitter Russian winter: a how-to guide from House of Bear/Carrion Publishing Inc

DeletedUser46395

A special weather report from the world-renowned weather team at the Carystus Carrion

Special thanks to our daring undercover reporters who infiltrated the Trump Campaign and the Brexit Campaign to bring us the inside story on latest Russian shenanigans from those in the know. The Editor is also undercover. Under his bedcover. He's scared. And cold.

Throughout history, one thing has always battered the ones bold enough to try to conquer Russia, the Siberian High (also known as the Siberian Anticyclone). For those unaware, the Siberian High is a massive collection of cold dry air that accumulates in the southeast part of Carystus, and it lasts from October until April. It is usually centered on Ocean 55, but has known to spread to nearby regions. This how-to guide consists of two parts, first being how the cold spreads, and second being how to battle it.

Part one

Many are unaware of how the Russian winter spreads, which is the biggest deterrent to those trying to battle through it.

Every year it happens the same way, so far in the lands of Grepolis it has happened 3 times and every time it overtook the world by storm. Like every year, the storm takes shape in what is called THE EVIL EMPIRE, and as stated above it starts in O55, picking apart the lone wolves and small groups first; this is stage 1. Once the core is done, the storm moves straight to northern 55 - stage 2 as it is known; usually competition in this area is weak, so it doesn't take them long to move on to stage 3, a very bold move in 2 separate directions, West 55 and South 54. Once decent progress has been made, stage 4 can commence. As with cancer, if stage 4 occurs it is generally considered to be terminal. In this stage the main focus is the straight centre of the world, the midway point between 55/54/44/45. After this, the long haul towards the age of wonders begins, securing the rest of 55, moving towards all oceans, with a slight focus where BP is easiest to be had (as of now, my guess is 54, as to why I'd chop it down to overconfidence); the focus drops once they get near the centre of the ocean. Once wonders start the coldest zone of the TEE storm is slap in the middle of O55, competition is almost pointless as the filling of wonders is fast and efficient, like a well-oiled machine.

Part two

Are you scared? Are you? Fret ye not my fellow grepo addict, because for every will there is a way. Like every storm, the main key is sticking close together to bear through the cold; that's the key. What you also need to know is that THE EVIL EMPIRE storm mainly consists out of 5 gale-force winds: Skif (founder), Xoka74 (founder), tsvet72 (founder), o-xo-xo and last but not least, provoker lait (new name); the rest are usually supporting winds, fuelling the main 5. If you happen to be in the crosshairs of the storm, what you will find is that it strikes fast, hard, and is always timed EXTREMELY well. The walls on cities taken by TEE are generally low, LTS is commonplace for cities on non-blue islands, and the res camps are also rather low and have even known to be taken down in some cases, as they all seem to have the uncanny ability to not miss a beat when it comes to 10 min farming. The main defence of the strong winds are the fastest ships in the sea, biremes, and because their timing is top notch you will often see revolted cities to be completely empty until the CS arrives; its not unusual for even 10k birs to simply appear 1 sec before it, such is their superhuman skill. There is a chink in their armour, though;although seemingly they are never offline as militia is always present when attacked, for some reason they don't move their LS or their ALU. The more revolts the better, it makes their defence work hard on those impeccable timings. There is no winning strategy against them to report, as it has never been done before.

Analysis of the current situation.

Right now we're in the beginning part of stage 2, which means there is still plenty of time left to get ready for the storm. There is no war that can't be won. So dig your trenches, and get your winter coats, because winter is coming and it speaks Russian. And I don't want to be a Russian Bear.

DeletedUser24785

Do not fear Bear, Thizzle will save your hide to remain unbearable as i'm sure the Russians will be stopped before they reach you, afterall WHO CARES own O55.

Thizzle today at 19:13
Hello neighbours

This MM is way due, but here it comes
We would like to welcome you to our ocean. Yeah i know, Who Cares

We started out by making Savages feel welcome in O55, but with their collapse, your leaders decided it was time to take in some of our food. So now its your turn to feel welcome in our ocean :)

DeletedUser46130

There are two kinds of pride, both good and bad. Good pride represents our dignity and self-respect. Bad pride is the deadly sin of superiority that reeks of conceit and arrogance.

DeletedUser

There are two kinds of pride, both good and bad. Good pride represents our dignity and self-respect. Bad pride is the deadly sin of superiority that reeks of conceit and arrogance.
look-fam-its-not-that-deep-1703421.png

Thizzy just dropping some good ole wartime propaganda ;)

DeletedUser21287

they aint battled bloods yet. if it bleeds it dies!

DeletedUser21560

Do not fear Bear, Thizzle will save your hide to remain unbearable as i'm sure the Russians will be stopped before they reach you, afterall WHO CARES own O55.

Thizzle today at 19:13
Hello neighbours

This MM is way due, but here it comes
We would like to welcome you to our ocean. Yeah i know, Who Cares

We started out by making Savages feel welcome in O55, but with their collapse, your leaders decided it was time to take in some of our food. So now its your turn to feel welcome in our ocean :)

Aww timmy, does your behind still hurt? Perhaps ghosting and relocating is the right option for you. Pick a nice friendly rim ocean where you can sim it up :)

DeletedUser55208

Bravo! An excellent topic))
From the author's fear, the air chilled, I even feel the hysteria and horror in his words
I want to tell you a little secret: the alliance The Evil Empire is not only Russian players, we have a lot of players with different nationalities and we are happy with it, because there are no nationalities in the game and we do not divide people by any sign, unlike some hysterics.
We came to see how you play, learn from you the skills of the game, and we meet only snot, hysterics and whining.
You need to play, not whining

DeletedUser46130

From the author's fear, the air chilled, I even feel the hysteria and horror in his words
I want to tell you a little secret: the alliance The Evil Empire is not only Russian players, we have a lot of players with different nationalities and we are happy with it, because there are no nationalities in the game and we do not divide people by any sign, unlike some hysterics.
We came to see how you play, learn from you the skills of the game, and we meet only snot, hysterics and whining.
Yes not only Russians, true! You also have Lithuanians, Belorussians, Ukranians etc. etc. :)

DeletedUser21287

Great post man. If you want a proper fight, fight bloods. We will do so with honour and 1 v 1 with no intention of a server coalition against you. Win or lose wont matter to us but it will be a good war :)

Good luck to you guys

DeletedUser46395

Great post man. If you want a proper fight, fight bloods. We will do so with honour and 1 v 1 with no intention of a server coalition against you. Win or lose wont matter to us but it will be a good war:)
Good luck to you guys

I don't think you understand that they really don't need luck or that it wouldn't be a proper war or with honour, but hey, you want to get your alliance destroyed, carry on.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser24785

Well i can only speak about O55 and having been attacked for weeks by both WC and TEE and lost alot of cities to both all i can say is if they clash my money is on TEE.
But Who Cares what i think.

Silver Witch

Strategos
Well hello an Evil shoot :) Maybe you would like to contribute a poem to add to the culture of this world then - go and look at the newspapers!

DeletedUser46395

Well hello an Evil shoot :) Maybe you would like to contribute a poem to add to the culture of this world then - go and look at the newspapers!

Can computers write poems, I wonder, apropos to nothing?