Competition PnP: The Death of the Rimlord Ethos

• Thread starter DeletedUser46395
  • Start date

DeletedUser46395

First of all, apologies; this is a PnP, not a Competition, but currently Competition is the only thread prefix I can use, and Baudin hasn't even responded to me about it after 4 days, so not much I can do.

So...

Let me tell you a story.

Once upon a time, when Grepo was young, most alliances were similar; a few fairly experienced players, plus the rest made up of whoever had seeded near them, regardless of experience. These alliances often had a separate academy, and this was where people would be taught to play by experienced players, generally with lots of guides in the forums. As people learned, they could progress to the main alliance.
Over time, players started to realise they could steal a march on these MRAs by setting up Premade Alliances of "elite" players, alliances that were full of quality players from day 1. And so the MRAs began to have less appeal to better players, which meant they had less people to school the noobs, which meant they had even less appeal... a real vicious circle. So where we are today is that MRA is a term of abuse, and very few players learn that way.

One man sought to change things

Suddenly, a White Knight appeared to right all the wrongs of Grepo. He sought the Holy Grail of Enlightenment, and tried to turn the clock back to those glorious days when alliances cared about nurturing noobies and developing the next generation of players. This brave and mighty Lord of the Rim was none other than Witchunter General.
Some thought him mad, others thought him obnoxious, most probably went for both, and yea verily he did have a tongue of obsidian (hang on, getting a bit too much into character here) and came out with some awful nonsense, but his heart was pure and his noble quest was to stand up for the small guys in the face of intimidation from bigger ones, and teach them how to play into the bargain.

And so it began.

And for a while, it was great. Players were trained, noses were thumbed at big alliances, trash was talked here in the externals in a most banterous fashion and all was well with the Rim World.
But as time went by, things began to change, slowly and unperceptibly, little changes all adding up to a landslide, a tsunami of change.

He started to believe his own legend.

The Rimlord became a caricature of himself. The trash talk got out of control, to the point where he damaged the quest itself; instead of protecting novice players, the Rimlord badge became a target for all and sundry. But worse, the Rimlord Ego was now firmly in charge. Decisions were made that were not in the interests of the members, merely of the Rimlord Ego. Rimlord alliances were grown so huge that they were now the big bullies, and they behaved in the way big bullies always do. At the same time, those dear noobies were no longer getting appropriate support and succour; instead of being trained and nurtured, they were now the cannon fodder for the Rimlord Ego, sent into battle with no preparation, and cast asunder at the whim of the Ego. These poor suckers were no longer taught how to spot a CS, how to dodge other attacks, when to enlist militia; instead, they were abandoned if their cities came under siege so as to protect the Rimlord Ego's precious statistics - because that's what the Rimlord Ego does now, sits on his throne in his cave, and scratches his statisticals.

A reputation in tatters, a legacy lost, the rimfolk abandoned

And so what is left? The once powerful and decent Rimlord is a corrupted laughing stock, no longer the champion of the oppressed, but become the oppressor himself. Four legs good, two legs better; it's a sadly familiar story the world over. But worse, there is no longer a champion of the oppressed; that ship has sailed, and it's unlikely anyone else will ever choose to step into the void. There is nobody there to look after noobies, nobody who cares about them, only those who wish to use and abuse them. The Rimlord Ego has become all that he claimed to despise.

RIP the Rimlord Ethos.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser54792

Don't forget the part where he insults and betrays friends because he fears they might get his coveted crown and ruin his 'legend'. You also missed the part where he literally gets in bed with the devil to try and get his crown. lol. He has become everything that he claimed to hate.
smiley_emoticons_lol.gif

"GOOD MORNING

EVERYTHING IS UNDER CONTROL // BIG THANKS TO No Name and No Name II too many to mention indiviidually . Also great contribution by The Doomed Spells especially .

WHERE WE ARE ? SITTING PRETTY

WHAT DO WE NEED ? MORE ATTACKS - I have issued appropriate taunts and any of you who can bear the stinking cesspit of EXTERNAL FORUM - get busy there and goad SAVAGE mercilessly.

WHAT WEAKNESS? MORE SILVER REQUIRED FOR MY CAVE,

(Pre work Motivation Session for Squirrels)

NUTS ! WHAT DO WE WANT ? NUTS! WHEN DO WE WANT THEM ? NOW !!

Please substitute TWO LOSERSand SILVER .
wysmiewacz.gif

I will be on most of the day

Any member of any group can PM me and I will give individual responses to each and every one of you as time permits.

WG"

DeletedUser46395

I didn't mention the fact that he lets players build Oracles, either...

DeletedUser54792

Where it is going is simple. The "Rimlord" had a master plan where PN/LN would defend LotR while they built WW, No Name was supposed to be his backup plan.

Problem is, that was HIS plan, nobody elses. PN/LN and savage made a move that improved their chances of winning WW. This move in no way violated any agreement with LotR. But it did reduce the chances of the egomaniac getting his crown. So he started slandering and insulting his friends and trying to turn people against them, all so that he might get his shiny prize. When that didn't work he went behind his own people's backs and made a deal with their mortal enemy to merge. LotR are now following Bacon's lead, the "Rimlord" bows down to the pig and begs them to take him in. lol

After all the big talk. All the oaths and promises. He throws out his morals and integrity to do the very thing he swore he would never do, kneel to the Pig. He does this after slapping his friends in the face, and without talking to most of his own people. He plans to try and win a crown by crawling on his knees in subservience to the player he called the worst p.o.s. in Grepolis.

And here is Bacon, who openly swore that he would never work with WG, would never work with LotR... and he is throwing all of his hopes and dreams in with them. After all the big talk, all the threats, all of the insults... here he is, with a pet WG sleeping at the foot of his bed. Funny stuff!

DeletedUser54384

Where it is going is simple. The "Rimlord" had a master plan where PN/LN would defend LotR while they built WW, No Name was supposed to be his backup plan.

Problem is, that was HIS plan, nobody elses. PN/LN and savage made a move that improved their chances of winning WW. This move in no way violated any agreement with LotR. But it did reduce the chances of the egomaniac getting his crown. So he started slandering and insulting his friends and trying to turn people against them, all so that he might get his shiny prize. When that didn't work he went behind his own people's backs and made a deal with their mortal enemy to merge. LotR are now following Bacon's lead, the "Rimlord" bows down to the pig and begs them to take him in. lol

After all the big talk. All the oaths and promises. He throws out his morals and integrity to do the very thing he swore he would never do, kneel to the Pig. He does this after slapping his friends in the face, and without talking to most of his own people. He plans to try and win a crown by crawling on his knees in subservience to the player he called the worst p.o.s. in Grepolis.

And here is Bacon, who openly swore that he would never work with WG, would never work with LotR... and he is throwing all of his hopes and dreams in with them. After all the big talk, all the threats, all of the insults... here he is, with a pet WG sleeping at the foot of his bed. Funny stuff!

where did you see bacon working with lotr?

DeletedUser46395

Bacon ain't working with LOTR, that much I know for certain, and I also know where he wanted to go, but I don't think we'll, er, save his bacon...

DeletedUser54792

Most of Reapers are now LotR. Bacon's new alliance will have a nice little pact with them. We'll show you shots of the two groups supporting each other in the days to come. lol

DeletedUser54384

Most of Reapers are now LotR. Bacon's new alliance will have a nice little pact with them. We'll show you shots of the two groups supporting each other in the days to come. lol

maybe some players will support their friends, but I am more than sure it won't be a pact.

DeletedUser46395

So I had this PM last night server time that I think should be OK to post verbatim:

"I see you are up to your old tricks trying to polish turds into golden nuggets.

What is good is that BYBLOS will not have been horesetraded away like Nagidos .

There will have to be a fight and that fight will not be won and lost in 56 it will have to be fought for in 55 43 and 44 .. Everything else is a side show. Today I have secured Fortess 55 so things are going to start getting really interesting/

It is actually a blessing not having to post on external.

I know you write absolute BS twisted to the desired outcome - but it is beautifully crafted, You have a talent for writing.

WitchunterGeneral, Yesterday at 10:11 PM"

Someone the other day likened him to Trump, in that he decries every bit of honest reporting of what he's up to as "fake news", and himself twists, distorts and fabricates things that he declares are true, and in fact tries to turn language on its head with words meaning the opposite of their true meanings; all very Orwellian, this Newspeak. But I think the sad thing is that he's not really aware of doing it, and that in his head, he's right, and still that White Knight; he's no longer capable of grasping the truth.

If anyone's in any doubt that he has become a parody of himself, and the embodiment of all he despises, you can see the truth from what his own side say:

DarkByDesignx on 2017-11-09 at 22:54 Hey dude, You joining Masked Profanity will end your game on this server dude. Just giving you a heads up. All alliances apart from Masked Profanity are now joined. That is the one alliance that will get squeshed.

Thank you for all you've done for the game. Witchunter General, aka Big Brother, aka Napoleon.

DeletedUser54360

WitchunterGeneral today at 10:56
AND BLOCKED BY

The ever present all seeing all hearing all pronouncing judgements from on high

BEARISSIMUS THE BISHOP OF BALONEY or BLARNEY

Take your pick..
cwaniak.gif

So much for even handed impartial and truthful reporting ..

What is the side show score this week ?

Bearissimus

WitchunterGeneral today at 10:41

well lets investigate the evidence and drill down to the truth ..

You give me the story for the prosecution and I will present the evidence for the defence .

Off you go

One accusation at a time please ..

Bearissimus today at 10:39

What I've written is the absolute truth, mate. You really have become all you claimed to hate. It's very sad that you can't even recognise it yourself. I admire what you tried to do, but I can't admire what you have become.

Stung me? No, I'm just deeply saddened at your decline.

WitchunterGeneral today at 10:21

I see the Nagidos taunt stung you.

Top Trumping me on the pity stakes eh?

Darkbydesign is motivated on a personal level because of the way he was victimised earlier .

I dont condone his comments . But I understand him .

He perhaps shoud have been less emphatic in his predictions .

Anyway to the question at hand ?

What is the side show score for the last 7 days ?

PS

I will talk to him about his shocking spelling and skewed syntax..

Bearissimus today at 10:15

DarkByDesignx on 2017-11-09 at 22:54Hey dude, You joining Masked Profanity will end your game on this server dude. Just giving you a heads up. All alliances apart from Masked Profanity are now joined. That is the one alliance that will get squeshed.

Very noble. You really have become all you claim to detest. Pity you? Yes, I really do now.

WitchunterGeneral today at 08:12

A question for your Glorious leader

Miknel 2.0 is withdrawing stationed troops from EN*Byblos*56*Reaper
Miknel 2.0 is withdrawing the following troops from EN*Byblos*56*Reaper:

It is amazing how these heroes can dish it out but can't take it ..

This is a partial excerpt from the member ( who incidentally was not a member when the exchange took place )

DarkByDesignx today at 11:56
Just to let you now,

the message was to a fellow friend from a previous alliance. Giving him a heads up, that he will end up being in the cross of where your alliance would be taking serious hits consistently.

But you going and crying to WitchunterGeneral is quite amusing to say the least.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXx

This is a partial excerpt .

I have no comment .

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser54360

Don't forget the part where he insults and betrays friends because he fears they might get his coveted crown and ruin his 'legend'. You also missed the part where he literally gets in bed with the devil to try and get his crown. lol. He has become everything that he claimed to hate.
smiley_emoticons_lol.gif

In bed with which Devil ? I have nothing to do with BABY KRAKENS.. LORD 55 is part of RIMGROUP now as it always should have been.

A friend like you that turns from " We will be with LOTR to the end of this world " and then sells itself to SAVAGE? YOU can talk ..

Legend ?

Thank You I was not aware that status had actually beeen conferred on me. I have not yet had a letter from the Grepolis Hall oF Fame committee . As they no doubt include MIKNEL and BEAR on the voting .. I am not holding my breath..

HIS COVETED CROWN ?

Trying to get a Crown for my members who were predominately rejected by your "Elite Groups

" Seeking to stop Byblos being horsetraded away in a similar manner to Nagidos ..

These are bad and shameful and a betrayal of my Ethos ?

How exactly ? How exactly does any sane person reach that conclusion ?

YOU say we have won no wars . Yet against a Reapers that was twice my size in points and 5 times in units after REAPERSGATE we have survived to the point where LOTR is the no 2 rank Allaince and the only viable obstacle in your path to ( in my perception and (It seems) discredited ethos ) stealing Byblos.

I still believe a World should be fought for .. And it will be . Get used to that.

I am not claiming I will win merely that you will actually have to beat me .. And those trainees that have been taught nothing and received no assistance time care or attention whatsoever ( apparently ) ..

DeletedUser41523

The Booty Warrior's crusade on LOTR shall continue. Burn their branches. Burn their leaders. Burn their booties.