Newspaper Politics Weekly Issue 1

DeletedUser24334

Politics Weekly Issue 1
"New Events, MRA's and Gold Beware"
Old writer, new world

I would first off like to welcome everyone to my newspaper. Some of you are familiar from older worlds, with my paper, some of you are not. I will release an issue each week including interviews, my thoughts and opinions on alliance growth and things along those lines. Leaving a +Rep, tells me to keep it up, leave a comment for suggestions, and message me for an exclusive! ~Porter

Sparta V. Hades and Gold Beware

I have to be quite frank. I am starting to get very angry. I use to be in love with Grepolis. I still am, but in a different way. There didn't use to be 25-40 alliances full of players just playing for gold. That just wasn't a thing. Now I am finding to the north, south, west and east of me, for all the eye can see islands full of these players. What happened to playing the game for fun, and entertainment? Have we all sunk this low? Pouring tons of money into a game to come out to be number one? Can you not just be number one, by playing a fair game? I know that gold isn't cheating, blah, blah, blah, but for us who can't afford it, or want to play a fair game, there should be a world where that is possible. I can't even have fun in the events anymore like Sparta V. Hades, because it is rigged against me, there is absolutely no chance, what so ever that I can rank in the top 10 and get those awesome rewards, without pouring gold into the cracks and crevices. I know this is suppose to be a newspaper, and ranting isn't really something that people want to read about, but this is a serious issue.

MRA's and Academy's

Now do I seriously have to say what the actual lololol. Now, understand that I am being extremely hypocritical because I am a member of the largest MRA in the world. Don't fret though, I still totally believe what I am about to write. Is it necessary? Really, is it? Because if it is, can someone explain to me why? For you who don't know what a MRA is, it is a Mass Recruiting Alliance, an alliance that uses all of the available slots for members. Typically these only get referred in worlds with 60+ slots. Mostly because these alliances house simmers and inactive players. My other major issue, which is probably the only thing that gets me angrier than MRA's is alliances that have Academy's. Because, 75 slots aren't enough. They need 150 slots. Like REALLY?!?!?!?!? I am getting all worked up. Time to move on.

Top 5 Alliances

1. Epidemic 757726 points 72 players 160417 TBP

Now this is my alliance, so I can't say much without having a tad bit of bias in their favor. The alliance is extremely organized, clear rules, and great leadership. My gut feeling says this alliance will float. Not swim, I feel as if there is probably a cue waiting to happen. I could be completely wrong. All I know is this alliance will not sink, quickly at least.

2. Old School Grepo Legends 755762 points 74 players 162120 TBP

What really grinds my gears (love family guy), is that this alliance is full of players who are not old school grepo legends, in fact, more than half are not. They are bringing shame to the name. It is really offensive really. Plus, the old school legends would use a way 'cooler' name than the one they have used. Leadership seems to be strong from what I can tell, plus they are up there on TBP. I would say this alliance will float. There are quite a few simmers between them and their academy, which will be skipped in this top 5.

3. Dominators 432053 points 70 players 115305 TBP

Just. No. Who ever choose this name. Just no. Choose a real word first. Unless you were mimicking the old school British TV show, there is no reason to use this name. Leadership seems a bit wheezy, and disorganized, but for an alliance filled up players with little no no experience, they are doing quite well. I actually will mark this alliance to swim. Taking a risk with my reputation here, but I think it is worth it.

4. The Lost Boys 390341 points 72 players 78561 TBP

Well, they don't seem to lost, to be ranked number 4 (5 in the game). Organized and strong leadership. Their main flaw is the extra fat, simmers are holding them down from their real potential. Swim.

5. The Varangian Guard 382213 points 58 players 82420 TBP

FINALLY. The first non MRA on this list. Well, they are, but considerably better than the rest of the alliances. I know the leadership is strong and was very successful and past worlds. Again, crappy name, but I will look past that because they aren't an MRA. :) SWIMMMM!

Closing Statement

Thank you again for reading my paper. Each week it will get a little bit better. This was kinda a last moment throw together. I will be working on getting some interviews for next week. If you notice a typo PM me so we can clear that up, as well as any false information. Again thumbs up is welcomed! :) Please send hate mail to my account, and leave it off the forum so the moderators don't have to work so hard to clear it up!

Best wishes, your lowly humble servant, Porter.

DeletedUser37948

Sparta V. Hades and Gold Beware

I have to be quite frank. I am starting to get very angry. I use to be in love with Grepolis. I still am, but in a different way. There didn't use to be 25-40 alliances full of players just playing for gold. That just wasn't a thing. Now I am finding to the north, south, west and east of me, for all the eye can see islands full of these players. What happened to playing the game for fun, and entertainment? Have we all sunk this low? Pouring tons of money into a game to come out to be number one? Can you not just be number one, by playing a fair game? I know that gold isn't cheating, blah, blah, blah, but for us who can't afford it, or want to play a fair game, there should be a world where that is possible. I can't even have fun in the events anymore like Sparta V. Hades, because it is rigged against me, there is absolutely no chance, what so ever that I can rank in the top 10 and get those awesome rewards, without pouring gold into the cracks and crevices. I know this is suppose to be a newspaper, and ranting isn't really something that people want to read about, but this is a serious issue.

I remember the good old days with totally free events, the events now are much better in some ways but they are far less exciting as you can buy the win.
nice read thanks for the effort :) liked

DeletedUser24334

I remember the good old days with totally free events, the events now are much better in some ways but they are far less exciting as you can buy the win.
nice read thanks for the effort :) liked

The rewards are better, the excitement though isn't there anymore, in my opinion. You're welcome! I am here to serve!

Good read, hope to see some more

I am glad that you enjoyed it! There should be one each week! :)

DeletedUser51112

Nice, I look forward to see your next newspaper!

But one thing,
you think 'The Lost Boys' is a MRA? ;)

Ahr-Ex

Phrourach
For InnoGames and us, the answer is a pay-entry world with premium features that are the same for each player. If we all pay the same entry fee, Inno gets the gold they need to make the game work and the players get a level playing field. Anyone that cannot or does not want to pay the entry fee does not have to play that server. It can be a setting.

DeletedUser24785

5. The Varangian Guard 382213 points 58 players 82420 TBP

FINALLY. The first non MRA on this list. Well, they are, but considerably better than the rest of the alliances. I know the leadership is strong and was very successful and past worlds. Again, crappy name, but I will look past that because they aren't an MRA. :) SWIMMMM!

Crappy name, I can't agree, its original, well I've never seen it before at least. We as far as I know have the only cool battle song (see alliance profile) and albums in our name. As for Swim, maybe , maybe not, but just bored of being in pre-mades every server. Having played since Alpha I've seen most things this game has to offer in changes , pre-mades are the 1st thing that in my opinion may finally kill the game. In a year or two every server will be made up of pre-mades new players wont stand a chance, older players will get bored and leave. I hope this doesn't happen .I stopped playing for a couple of years as gold seemed to kill the game and took any skill out of it, played other games in between, but returned to playing as from what I've seen this is still the best game out there and least expensive if you do spend money on it.Other games are even more money to play. All that said, a good read and well done for putting in the time and effort, I agree with all your comments, apart from the 'crappy name' bit,lol well done . + REP.

DeletedUser24785

Politics Update, THE REAL STORY

OSGL, legends in simming to win worlds

OSGL pact list, or some of them

Epidemic
Plague
Dominators
The Smurfs
Radio Active.....
and all sub branches of these

I have a whole list from a player who wants to play a war game so left, if only others would remember its supposed to be a war game.
RIP GREPOLIS. long live a farmv***e version of a fighting game
PS not bitter, we were approached as well, pm in game if you want to see my reply to the offer.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser24334

Hey, totally not trying to cause trouble ;) Every leader of those alliance have been offered a chance to defend themselves in an interview :) Just wait for next week!

DeletedUser44867

It appears I shall now have competition.
MAY THE BEST PAPER WIN.

But all silliness aside - nice paper!

DeletedUser47128

For InnoGames and us, the answer is a pay-entry world with premium features that are the same for each player. If we all pay the same entry fee, Inno gets the gold they need to make the game work and the players get a level playing field. Anyone that cannot or does not want to pay the entry fee does not have to play that server. It can be a setting.

Quitting if that ever happens. Never spent a penny on grepolis and never will. And i'm sure i'm not just speaking for myself there. You'd lose hundreds of loyal grepolis players so what? It can be Gold user vs. Gold user. Is that really the future of grepolis? In order to do well on a world now a days you almost need to spend money. Either that or choose the right friends. There is little to no skill involved anymore.

That's why I enjoy the hero worlds. They are older so there is no instant buy and all that gold crap. It's good old fashioned grepolis where just about no gold is bought or used. It's about the quality of the player rather than the player's wallet. Have seen 4 core players take over 2 entire oceans by themselves. Kicking the second ranked alliance where the sun don't shine.

DeletedUser

Taking a risk with my reputation here, but I think it is worth it.

I am going to hold you on that :p

It is unfortunate that alliances are so messed up now, I don't even understand the true fun of having 100 academies and sisters, it is more sims than Grepolis.

THAT SAID, watching them collapse due to one reason or another will be so much more satisfying.

DeletedUser24334

It appears I shall now have competition.
MAY THE BEST PAPER WIN.

But all silliness aside - nice paper!

;) May the odds be ever in your favor! Though, I am just doing it for the liveliness of the forums lol.

Quitting if that ever happens. Never spent a penny on grepolis and never will. And i'm sure i'm not just speaking for myself there. You'd lose hundreds of loyal grepolis players so what? It can be Gold user vs. Gold user. Is that really the future of grepolis? In order to do well on a world now a days you almost need to spend money. Either that or choose the right friends. There is little to no skill involved anymore.

That's why I enjoy the hero worlds. They are older so there is no instant buy and all that gold crap. It's good old fashioned grepolis where just about no gold is bought or used. It's about the quality of the player rather than the player's wallet. Have seen 4 core players take over 2 entire oceans by themselves. Kicking the second ranked alliance where the sun don't shine.

I love hero worlds. I wish there was more of them!

I am going to hold you on that :p

It is unfortunate that alliances are so messed up now, I don't even understand the true fun of having 100 academies and sisters, it is more sims than Grepolis.

THAT SAID, watching them collapse due to one reason or another will be so much more satisfying.

I here you. Simmers will take over most of the MRA's.

Ahr-Ex

Phrourach

Well, that's why I said it would not have to be every world, klutchsmaster. But InnoGames clearly needs to cover their overhead in some way. If all the players refused to spend a penny on grep in any way, there would not be a game at all.

DeletedUser28198

Well, that's why I said it would not have to be every world, klutchsmaster. But InnoGames clearly needs to cover their overhead in some way. If all the players refused to spend a penny on grep in any way, there would not be a game at all.

I'm not sure. Back in the early years (09-12) this game probably didn't make in a year what they make in a week now. And by comparison, it was 500X BETTER!