Newspaper Politics Weekly Issue 2

DeletedUser24334

Politics Weekly Issue 2
"What the F?!K is going on?"
Pact, Nap, MRA, Nightmare

Without saying much, most people know, or would say they know somethings about what is going on currently. Many alliances within the top 10 have some shady NAP's and Pacts going on that should be discussed in depth. Epidemic, Plague, Old School Grepo and Next Gen Grepo all together have some shifty quad-alliance pieced together. Epidemic and Plague together consider themselves sister alliances. Both share all tabs together. If you make war with one, you for sure piss off the other. Combined you would have 138 players after you. The same is said for Old School and Next Gen. Old School and Epi have a NAP with each other. Essentially saying, we won't come into ocean 45 if you don't come into ocean 55. Because of the huge alliance caps in this world (75 players per alliance), this can cause problems. The first of many being that it restricts the numbers of reds in the areas. Though they haven't had a problem finding cities to take.

The bigger discussion here has been and is still taking place. What has happened to Grepolis? Grepo use to be a game of war. There never use to be applications to join alliances, and quad-alliance-shifty-pacts. There were no heroes or gold hoarders. If you flew a brown or red flag, you were a target. Alliances actually helped conquers and defended you from attackers. People actually played in a team. Just because you were a little quite in the forums this month, did not mean you got booted, as long as you were not a simmer. Things were different. People got along better. I can't explain this aura effect to the people who were not there, because it is just impossible to imagine to 2.0 players (only). The ways of Grepo are slipping away and falling to these Diplomatic Nightmares. Grepo is loosing its way and it's core. I can't shout loud enough to the owners of the game. Innos, please read this, please hear us.

Interviews

Because there was too many characters (10,000 limit) these have been cut and can be found in the comment section :)

Top Five

The stats are reflective of the last issue on June 15th, 2016.

1. Epidemic 1,121,866 points (Up 364,140) 73 players (Up 1) 290,798 TBP (Up 130,381)
Now, I obviously pissed Epi off, me not being a member now and all. Let me say a few things about this. First, they are pissed off because I said they would float and not swim. Which in all honestly I believed. Second, I sent out a MM to a few alliances, because I was considering trying to do a one man alliance to stay unbiased and create the god-damn best newspaper I can. Not only did the leader Nirson ignore it, he started to post my message all over the forums and attack my character as both a player and a person. Lastly, the real issue is, they kicked me out without talking to me. I feel as if, an active player should at least get a message and a chance to defend themselves before receiving a boot. They now have set me into revolt twice, and sent multiple CS's to try to take my city. If this isn't just plain old immature, what is? I will again, state what I truly and honestly believe this alliance will Float. Why? Because it is extremely clear, their leadership is weak, and incredibly immature. I am not saying this to anger them, I am saying this because of how they reacted to a post in the external forums. I didn't say sink, I just told the truth. This world changes so often in two days things could go crazy, again, and change the board completely, again. There was no reason for them to be pissed off from an honest down to earth post. I might be wrong. Who cares though? In the end, isn't it just a game?

2. Old School Grepo Legends 1,116,124 points (Up 360,362) 73 players (Down 1) 277,503 TBP (Up 115,382)
Without a doubt Grepo Legends and their sister alliance have strongly fortified themselves in Ocean 55, making it almost impossible for any other alliance to thrive. Whether or not I agree with how this was accomplished, that is another story, a bravo is in place, for the great work they have accomplished. I again will not include their sister alliance in the top 5. As I consider them one. Float.

3. The Varangian Guard 687,092 points (Up 304,879) 70 players (Up 12) 169,186 TBP (Up 86,766)
The Varangian Guard is for sure making a name for themselves. Based in Ocean 55 they have, like Grepo Legends, created a strong fortification for themselves. They are fighting high waters, as many enemies surround them, but collectively as a whole they are showing what exactly teamwork means. The fight is not yet over, but they are putting themselves in a position to come out on top. Swim.

4. The Lost Boys 637,999 points (Up 247,658) 73 players (Down 1) 134,871 TBP (Up 56,310)
The Lost Boys seems to be a quietly growing alliance focused in Ocean 45. They seem to not be causing too much trouble but enough for the numbers to stay in the positives. The leadership from my communications with them, seem overall positive and effective. They are organized and have a clear goal, win. I will again put them in the Swim category because I see a lot of potential growth in their alliance.

5. Dominators 575,912 points (Up 143,859) 69 players (Down 1) 194,473 TBP (Up 79,168)
I still have mixed feelings about the Dominators. It seems as if they are on the all out defensive. Over 100,000, more than half of their TBP come from DBP. They have not grown a significant amount over the past five days as the rest of the alliances have, and it seems as if this is just not their week. I haven't totally lost faith yet. I think they will still Swim. Once they start to fortify, they may be able to push back. We will just have to wait and see.

Conclusions

This concludes this issue of Politics Weekly. If you have any comments, questions, concerns, threats, jokes, riddles, ect... Please message me :) Keep fighting, your lowly humble servant, Porter.

DeletedUser24334

Mr.Goodkat, what would you say your favorite part about grepolis is and why?

My favourite part of Grepolis is the external forums and specifically making Generic greek name look like the clown he truly is and getting him to run crying to the mods. In game I would say worlds start is most enjoyable and seeing all these alliances shuffle for position.

What would you say the overall long terms and short term goals of your alliance is?

While we won't give any tactical information away our goals will be pretty obvious to all who know us as a team and individuals. We are here to fight, it is a war game not a cuddling competition. Long term we tend to stick servers out to the end and have our own fun but short term, starting closer to the core than usual, our goal is to really destroy a few 'super' pacts and Grep reputations.

What is a piece of advice you would give new players?

If you ever 'accidentally' sit on a king sized Tobelerone and can't face going to hospital to have it removed, don't pull it our straight away, wait for the edges to melt a bit...

Recently it was released that a lot of the top 10 alliances are pacted with each other holding over 500 slots to themselves, diplomatically speaking, what is your opinion on that?

Urrrghhh. I would love to know what they gain from it other than ridicule. I won't harp on about ye days of old but there are many things wrong with 2.0, this being the worst of all. It is the new players i feel sorry for as ones joining in the middle of that mess will be turned instantly off the game. At The Lost Boys we don't tend to do diplomacy, we don't do super pacts ..we don't even like NAP's. Quite often these core alliance will be picked off one at a time or totally implode as they serve their own best interests. 1 super coalition does tend to force the rest of the world to do the same to crush them but we will see what happens.

What is your favorite utensil and why?

The Ladel obviously. because you can hit the wife with it and say you spooned her.

Is there anything thing else you would like to add before concluding this interview?

Yes , thank you for making a newspaper - previously due to your status we had agreed not to attack your alliance of 1 so you could continue doing it, however this was merely a cunning ploy and we now see the value in rimming you unless you add a page 3 girl in future additions - you have been warned.

DeletedUser24334

Timothy, first off let say congratulations for being in the Top 5. You have proven, time and time again to be a skillful player with a clear objective, win. Your alliance, The Varangian Guard is (as of this interview), in the top 5 as well, placing it at Rank 04. How are you as the founder and leader, translating your experience, to teaching new players?

Not sure the leaders needed to translate, the reason we grew slowly was because we made sure all who joined had experience of the game before inviting. Some have not shown the level required and have since left in one way or another.
As the leaders here have players with some experience all that is required is to motivate and keep the interest going, plan strategy and work on any diplomacy we may seek.

What is your favorite aspect of Grepolis?

Unfortunately my favourite aspect is slowly going out of the game. It was great to play with a few of the same players from server to server. Even playing with past enemies on new servers you respected.Now it seems alliances move enmasse from server to server, its fine I guess, if you want to play with all the same people. But for me part of the fun was meeting new people and making new in game friends.Many I used to play with have left the game, I think many more will if it stays the same.

What is one piece of advice you would give new players and new founders?

Do not even to bother founding tour own alliance unless your willing to put the hours in as all the donkey work will fall on you unless you have good leaders around you.Another reason for moving enmasse I guess.
For new players , ask questions from exp. ones.Decent players will always help new players, its what will keep the game going.Read The Wiki Guide, and find out what you can about the game you have got involved in and the difference in server types.

What would you say the short term goal is, and the long term goal, of your alliance? Obviously win. We are talking small picture here.

Short term...build an active team of members.
Long term...have fun playing what was and is meant to be a war game.

It goes without saying that I attacked your alliances name (well, I said you have the best of the top 5....), so, after we spoke, I did some thinking, and yes, your battle song does make up for the name :) I have inserted the think here for you all to listen as well... Trust me, it is worth it. I will not formally apologize, but I will give you credit for uniqueness! http://bit.ly/2a2WJNp

DeletedUser24334

Good read, thanks for your work!

You're welcome and thank you! I am a little frustrated right now. It was almost double the length and very detailed when I first wrote it and then I got hit with the character limit so I had to cut so much out of it. So I am thinking of some ways so that I can add more.

DeletedUser23146

Perhaps split it into numerous posts? The more details, the better, imo! :D

Btw, very great read.

DeletedUser24334

Perhaps split it into numerous posts? The more details, the better, imo! :D

Btw, very great read.

Thank you! I have been thinking about that. Obviously more details the better, but should I do more post a week and have more articles, or should I do like one post and post the other half in the comments, it is kinda that decision I am trying to make. Don't forget to leave a like :)

DeletedUser24785

Thank you! I have been thinking about that. Obviously more details the better, but should I do more post a week and have more articles, or should I do like one post and post the other half in the comments, it is kinda that decision I am trying to make. Don't forget to leave a like :)

Maybe just do random interviews in between papers. Will keep forum active and leave the main paper for the other points you wish to report on.

DeletedUser29066

"If you ever 'accidentally' sit on a king sized Tobelerone and can't face going to hospital to have it removed, don't pull it our straight away, wait for the edges to melt a bit..."

So that's where I went wrong
smiley_emoticons_kaffee2.gif

Good read +

Ranga1

Strategos
What has happened to Grepolis? Grepo use to be a game of war. There never use to be applications to join alliances, and quad-alliance-shifty-pacts. There were no heroes or gold hoarders. If you flew a brown or red flag, you were a target.​

Complains about Grepo not being a war game anymore....

They now have set me into revolt twice, and sent multiple CS's to try to take my city. If this isn't just plain old immature, what is?
Whinges when people play Grepo like a war game :D

DeletedUser24334

Maybe just do random interviews in between papers. Will keep forum active and leave the main paper for the other points you wish to report on.
Very good idea, and one to consider. Thanks :)

"If you ever 'accidentally' sit on a king sized Tobelerone and can't face going to hospital to have it removed, don't pull it our straight away, wait for the edges to melt a bit..."

So that's where I went wrong
smiley_emoticons_kaffee2.gif

Good read +
Glad you enjoyed that. I died, died laughing. I just can't even.

Complains about Grepo not being a war game anymore....

Whinges when people play Grepo like a war game :D
Now... this is true lol. I was trying to make a point. I didn't word my point correctly lmfao

DeletedUser

This Politics Weekly is a really good idea it help the new players like me get to no what's happening and give us more of a chance to become strong

DeletedUser24334

This Politics Weekly is a really good idea it help the new players like me get to no what's happening and give us more of a chance to become strong

I am glad you are enjoying it. Please leave a like, and suggestions for next week. As well as ask questions! :)

Ahr-Ex

Phrourach

I like this idea of shorter updates less often. Seems like this would be less intense for effort on the part of the writer, and more interesting for the readers. And keep the forum lively with discussion.

DeletedUser24334

I like this idea of shorter updates less often. Seems like this would be less intense for effort on the part of the writer, and more interesting for the readers. And keep the forum lively with discussion.

hmmm.... something to consider ;)

DeletedUser

Top 5 Alliances

1. Epidemic 757726 points 72 players 160417 TBP

Now this is my alliance, so I can't say much without having a tad bit of bias in their favor. The alliance is extremely organized, clear rules, and great leadership. My gut feeling says this alliance will float. Not swim, I feel as if there is probably a cue waiting to happen. I could be completely wrong. All I know is this alliance will not sink, quickly at least.

2. Old School Grepo Legends 755762 points 74 players 162120 TBP

What really grinds my gears (love family guy), is that this alliance is full of players who are not old school grepo legends, in fact, more than half are not. They are bringing shame to the name. It is really offensive really. Plus, the old school legends would use a way 'cooler' name than the one they have used. Leadership seems to be strong from what I can tell, plus they are up there on TBP. I would say this alliance will float. There are quite a few simmers between them and their academy, which will be skipped in this top 5.

3. Dominators 432053 points 70 players 115305 TBP

Just. No. Who ever choose this name. Just no. Choose a real word first. Unless you were mimicking the old school British TV show, there is no reason to use this name. Leadership seems a bit wheezy, and disorganized, but for an alliance filled up players with little no no experience, they are doing quite well. I actually will mark this alliance to swim. Taking a risk with my reputation here, but I think it is worth it.

Your previous (part of it) weekly issue.
One can note easily you passed from appraisal to insults for your ex alliance.Reason-you got kicked ,lol
Evaluations(serious ones) do not depend from your personal experience.

Ahr-Ex

Phrourach
Your previous (part of it) weekly issue.
One can note easily you passed from appraisal to insults for your ex alliance.Reason-you got kicked ,lol
Evaluations(serious ones) do not depend from your personal experience.

I'm sorry. What are you saying here?

MrPdwash put quite a bit of time and effort into a newspaper that everyone applauded. He clearly stated in his evaluations that he was editorializing based on his personal experience. And his own team punished him for reporting honest opinions and not exaggerated propaganda. In fact they are still attacking his restart city right out of beginner protection, because I guess that is easier than picking on someone your own size.

He called us an MRA and we still invited him, because we respected his enthusiasm for reporting on the events of this server. We enjoy the external forums as much as the next person and his were some of the more entertaining posts.

It must suck to take yourself so seriously that the difference between a "Float" and a "Swim" in an online GAME fills you with so much rage.

Now all we have to laugh about is the Top Twelve lists written by the clueless guy who hasn't got one fact right yet.