population question (from a newbie)

DeletedUser

Hi all, time for the silly question of the day:

I have been struggling against the farm/population limts; it seems the minute I have enough $$ to buy some cool knights or a great research, I have about 2 free pop and so I have to first back peddle and upgrade the farm... BUT since I haven't yet been in a lot of (ahem, any) battles, I haven't actually lost any soldiers yet, and (yes, here is the question!!), I was wondering if:

When troops/ships etc are lost in battle, do we get the free population back??

sorry for the long preamble!

and...THANKS!!

AND HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Gelmina

DeletedUser

and ships... and anything else you used farm spaces for.

If it is killed/destroyed, you get the FS back.

DeletedUser1405

If you look in the Academy you will see the Plow, researching this gives you an extra 200 population.

DeletedUser

Getting thermal baths gives you 10% more pop. Don't have a clue on how much that is but if you have around 10-11k city it's about 2400 pop in total. Maybe ask someone who knows the mechanics.

DeletedUser

The farm supplies food for the population. You cannot (normally) have more people than it can feed. Troops that have died on the battlefield no longer need their rations, so you can give it to someone else.

The maximum population with a level 40 farm is 3000. Baths add 10% which takes it to 3300. The plow research adds another 200 for a total maximum population of 3500.