Population Questions

DeletedUser56793

Apologies if I'm posting this in the wrong place.

I'm trying to put together a standard build for each various function (defensive land units, biremes, LS etc.) and I'm trying to map out the best use of population so every single person is being used and I have the maximum number of units etc.

The population in the wiki seems a bit all over the place, the fact that each building uses a fraction of a person, but then in-game its rounded out, some wiki edits that don't make sense, but then also some that are just flat out wrong (senate 22>23 has +7 population but total jumps from 113 to 131)

So..

First question - does anyone have a list of every level of every building and the number of population it actually takes to build? I remember a ton of spreadsheets floating around years back, but can't find any now.

Second question is regarding the thermal baths. It has a 10% increase in population, but is that on base population, or total population? Plow increases by 200, then there are the land expansions which give you a bump too. So if base was 3000 and I had plow as well, bringing it to 3200.. would it be 10% of 3000 (+300) for a total of 3500 or 10% of 3200 (+320) for a total of 3520?

Thanks!

DeletedUser57119

Maxed out city with Plow and Bath comes to 3500.

Hydna

Grepolis Team
Apologies if I'm posting this in the wrong place.

I'm trying to put together a standard build for each various function (defensive land units, biremes, LS etc.) and I'm trying to map out the best use of population so every single person is being used and I have the maximum number of units etc.

The population in the wiki seems a bit all over the place, the fact that each building uses a fraction of a person, but then in-game its rounded out, some wiki edits that don't make sense, but then also some that are just flat out wrong (senate 22>23 has +7 population but total jumps from 113 to 131)

So..

First question - does anyone have a list of every level of every building and the number of population it actually takes to build? I remember a ton of spreadsheets floating around years back, but can't find any now.

Second question is regarding the thermal baths. It has a 10% increase in population, but is that on base population, or total population? Plow increases by 200, then there are the land expansions which give you a bump too. So if base was 3000 and I had plow as well, bringing it to 3200.. would it be 10% of 3000 (+300) for a total of 3500 or 10% of 3200 (+320) for a total of 3520?

Thanks!

I have guidelines that I use when I'm playing as a guide for newer players. Players can adapt to suit the city location and their style of play.

This one is for LS/Domination/Revolt if that helps. This build allows for 365 ls, 1 slow trans as an anchor and 22 swords to trip the island.

1588852645132.png 1588853174965.png

• Senate built to 24 for Thermal baths then knocked to 21. Left at 21 because I do not have a tower and if I were revolted I want the option to build one while the revolt is Blue.
  • Academy build to 34, research Battle experience and knock to 30 to save pop. Just remember you can only knock the academy if you have not fully utilised research points.
  • Resource camps roughly in proportion to the requirements for LS. There’s a case for higher resource builds. You can always swap resources between cities.
  • Wall – now this is debateable. You could save the pop here and build more ls but as it’s revolt you may prefer to have a wall and move DLU in to prevent revolts. If your city is on a safe island maybe the wall is irrelevant. A city wall of 25 requires 84 pop.
  • Harbour at max for fast replacement build. Barracks at 5 since it is irrelevant to city usage.
  • Warehouse/Farm/Cave – always max out
  • Temple/Market. Now this is a personal choice but at this level the city helps to generate favor and resources can be moved but not too heavy on pop usage.
  • Thermal baths. Personally I have this in every city. There is a case for a Lighthouse in a LS city but you lose 30 ls by not having Thermal baths so I would say for exceptional situations. I would never build a Theatre or Library in a LS city.
  • I have no 2nd special building – that is 6 extra LS. With the senate at 21 I keep my options open.
Then academy:
1588853268090.png

Research for all cities: City Guard, Espionage, Villagers Loyalty, Ceramics, Plow. Architecture and Crane while building but can be un-researched later (cost 2 cp).

Specifically for LS city: LS, Shipright, Cartography, Mathmatics and Ram. Battle experience (Academy 34) works for LS and it works for Dom (BP is king in Dom).

Optional: CS and Revolt. You never know when you might need these and you have the basic build requirements here so why not.