Post here if you love England

DeletedUser

England is glorious and wonderful, It has existed for over a thousand years and nearly 25,000 before that due to unnationalisation. I love England, And I think it is was and always has been great. I am a monarchist aswell, And I love the English monarchs. I my self am English aswell, And I would like others whom love England comment.

Aicy

Strategos
I'm English and think that monarchism is dumb and so is saying that England has been around for 25,000 years. Hundreds of countries were around much longer than that and even if they weren't that still wouldn't really mean anything...

Anyway, England is cool. I'm not so sure about how you're making the English look though. :p

DeletedUser

FORZA ITALIA
(come on Italy)

opps wrong post :p

Nah, Half Italian and half Brit- I have to say one is looking forward to the wedding on Friday. Sometimes though I think that British stereotype needs updating from bowler hat,country house and umbrella, to the hoodie, beer can and tracksuit bottoms.... ;)

2012 should be great, especially if they can get Concorde flying along with the arrows, spitfire and Lancaster bomber....

aicy- you may not really like the monarchy, however as of 2009/10, the crown gave 179.3 million pounds to the treasury, the money coming from tourism ad that was just from the sites they own.... think of all the other money that would have been spent by those tourists...... :) juicy fistfuls of money.... :drool: :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Aicy

Strategos
That's not Monarchy though. Monarchy is when the country is run by a Monarch. Britain is run by parliament.

England and Britain are not a Monarchy.

DeletedUser

I thought we had a constitutional monarchy? the reigning monarch is head of state and has to sign all legislation before it an be passed into law, the refuse then the legislation is not passed...

they are also a massive tourist attraction. ;)

DeletedUser

England is glorious and wonderful, It has existed for over a thousand years and nearly 25,000 before that due to unnationalisation. I love England, And I think it is was and always has been great.

No wonder every patriotic English are considered idiotic BNP followers, the smart ones are the quiet ones.

10,000 years ago the first civilisations were founded. 25,000 years ago, I don't think the northern countries were inhabitable.

To show your patriotism, research about the Britannic people, Roman occupation, the fall of civilisation when they pulled out, the numerous invasions and establishments of German, Norse, French and Dutch, the stability of the Picts through the Church of St. Patrick who in turn brought the reintroduction of Christianity southwards into England.
That'll bring you up to the establishment of England.
You may also want to have a look into St. George and into the old monarchy throughout the crusades.

Although I am in favour of the monarchy. David Mitchell said it best (and I'm paraphrasing)
That it's cruel and unfair, for both sides, you can't be royalty and they can't be common. They're placed on pedestals too high to jump down from living a soap opera life that holds no secrets.
They have no power and no freedom, held in place by the people for us to ogle at, while they perform diplomacy and award ceremonies that they've been trained all their life to do.
They bring in tourism and give us something to stick on our money that makes more sense than an eyeball skewered on a pyramid.
They are something to aspire to but never in reach while their live their demented lives in confined decadence.

DeletedUser

I'm English and think that monarchism is dumb and so is saying that England has been around for 25,000 years. Hundreds of countries were around much longer than that and even if they weren't that still wouldn't really mean anything...

Anyway, England is cool. I'm not so sure about how you're making the English look though. :p

You are an idiot, Do not use the age of Monarchy as an argument. That is tantamount to saying, "Shut up". The Romans held a democracy, They lived thousands of years ago. Also, Democray is mind bogglingly idiotic. It does not matter how many people believe something, The burden of proof is on them.

DeletedUser

You are an idiot, Do not use the age of Monarchy as an argument. That is tantamount to saying, "Shut up". The Romans held a democracy, They lived thousands of years ago. Also, Democray is mind bogglingly idiotic. It does not matter how many people believe something, The burden of proof is on them.

Romans were a republic, i believe.

DeletedUser

No wonder every patriotic English are considered idiotic BNP followers, the smart ones are the quiet ones.

10,000 years ago the first civilisations were founded. 25,000 years ago, I don't think the northern countries were inhabitable.

To show your patriotism, research about the Britannic people, Roman occupation, the fall of civilisation when they pulled out, the numerous invasions and establishments of German, Norse, French and Dutch, the stability of the Picts through the Church of St. Patrick who in turn brought the reintroduction of Christianity southwards into England.
That'll bring you up to the establishment of England.
You may also want to have a look into St. George and into the old monarchy throughout the crusades.

Although I am in favour of the monarchy. David Mitchell said it best (and I'm paraphrasing)
That it's cruel and unfair, for both sides, you can't be royalty and they can't be common. They're placed on pedestals too high to jump down from living a soap opera life that holds no secrets.
They have no power and no freedom, held in place by the people for us to ogle at, while they perform diplomacy and award ceremonies that they've been trained all their life to do.
They bring in tourism and give us something to stick on our money that makes more sense than an eyeball skewered on a pyramid.
They are something to aspire to but never in reach while their live their demented lives in confined decadence.

Europe, And the British isles have been inhabited for quite a long time. Also, He is an idiot. Absolute Monarchy is the greatest type of government in exist. Observe the former Kingdoms, Much greater than they are now.

DeletedUser

I thought we had a constitutional monarchy? the reigning monarch is head of state and has to sign all legislation before it an be passed into law, the refuse then the legislation is not passed...

they are also a massive tourist attraction. ;)

It is, Her Royal Majesty Queen Elizabeth the second is the head of state, And holds much more power than is known. He is an idiot, All you must do in order to prove this is to google "England". It states such a thing on Wikipedia. Also, She may dissolve the parliament. Democracy is what allowed Adolf Hitler to power, As is multiculturalism. Democracy, And multiculturalism are vile due to other reasons aswell of course.

DeletedUser

wow.... just... wow.

I like England. I dont love it as much as I love my own country though.

But you child need to educate yourself. And wikipedia doesnt count as a source of information.

DeletedUser

wow.... just... wow.

I like England. I dont love it as much as I love my own country though.

But you child need to educate yourself. And wikipedia doesnt count as a source of information.

Speak English you idiot, Do not state "Wow", And how does Wikipedia not count you idiot? Also, My information is correct you idiot.

DeletedUser

yes :)

try living through communist rule and still telling me you like it- my best friend his gran got out of Poland before the soviets came, it was the last time the gran would see the family....

the great gran had to dig the graves for her own children and her self watch them be shot dead then cover them... she was then shot... Luckily or maybe unluckily she survived and ended up doing 50 years hard labour in Siberia, there she lived on what would be equivalent to 2 litres of water and 3 slices of bread a day.......

she served her time and has only just died..... before the soviets came they were a family of wealthy landowners- at the fall of the wall they owned nothing and the only survived east of the wall of the whole family were the great gran..... the rest were worked to death or shot for "crimes against the state" what were these crimes- they asked if their neighbours were still alvoe and if they were could they see them.....

compare that to a monarchy- like England or Holland, and then tell me that communism is better..........

Ideology is always different to the reality- yes communism sounds good on paper but not in real life...

thank you :)

dked