Poyyo!

DeletedUser

Hi! I go by Quill, and- wait, hold on, my farming timer just went off.

Back! Sorry about that, but you know how it is :p

Anyway, I'm really enjoying this setup so far! Grepolis has made me a lot more aware of how I spend my time, even though it's sad that I spend so much of my day waiting to click the "Demand - 5 minutes" button, and I like the time-management practice it's giving. I joined with a few IRL friends, which has made this experience a lot of fun, and I hope to make some online friends here as well. The more the merrier, as far as social circles go :)

I'm a published creative writer who loves to devote pages to mythology, fantasy, and character development- in fact, it's the mythology that got me interested in Grepolis. I wanted to see its take on Greek Myth, and even though that's not this place's focus, it got my foot in the door.

Quick question before I push the "Submit" button: how many of you guys actually use gold? One of the clever things about Grepolis is that getting involved with gold is really appealing, especially after the introduction shows you how much easier it makes your life (cough *auto-farming* cough), but I automatically shy away from using IRL money in entertainment after the initial purchasing. What do you guys do? Unfortunately, most of my friends aren't the type to have fun things recommended to them, so that option's out.

Well, I hope to enjoy my time here, and I look forward to seeing you all around!

`Quill

DeletedUser

Hi and welcome :D

To answer your question, I'd say a fair share of top 100 players use gold. Especially in later stages of the game it's almost a necessity. Before I was a mod and got free gold from that the free gold you could get from sponsorpay was enough to come by, but the availability depends on where you live. If you have limited gold, don't waste it on stuff like building waiting times or Olympic games but keep it for admin/captain functionalities

DeletedUser44027

Yeah. Once I get 5+ cities, I almost always have admin/commander/captain active, and sometimes the other two as well. It's actually rather cheep to use gold, considering how long it lasts you, as long as you don't blow it on Olympic Games or hurrying things :p

DeletedUser

(Except hurrying city wall construction when you're in dire straits, since it could save that city)

Last edited by a moderator: