Pre-Wolrd Idalium Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard

Strategos
This thread is for discussing world Idalium (EN55). As always, the thread will be closed once the world is open.

Thanks
Richard

DeletedUser

seriously didn't the last world start up 5 days ago. i mean come on this is like the 6th or 7th new world since the end of september. surely there aren't that many new people joining up

DeletedUser27700

Don't hate until you see the settings. Helorus had loads of whiners, now its stacked with talent.

DeletedUser

doesn't matter. it won't be a speed 3 world again and besides i think we are gonna run out of talented people at the rate their popping these new worlds out

DeletedUser

Okay am not angry for having many worlds opening at a time but am somehow sad as to when will a hero world show up...Realy since i dont know we only had like 2 hero worlds so we dont need this awards...this will be
Speed 1,units speed 2,alliance cant wait to see what is in store..

DeletedUser27700

Do i need to bring quotes from the Helorus Pre-World discussion over? Cheer up guys, if you don't like the settings, don't join.:p

DeletedUser

i see where your coming from but i don't think people use the hero worlds as much as the others. maybe that's why they haven't started another one. the settings i reckon it will be is Speed 2 Unit speed 1 and alliance limit 100 but i could be wrong

DeletedUser11965

Watch this be a derp world with speed 1, unit speed 1, alliance limit 400, morale active.

DeletedUser20688

Well played on killing the new world what was made last week what I wasn't originally happy about

At least limit it to a new world every 2 months geez

DeletedUser

How many servers have now been opened within the last 6 months?

DeletedUser

If you look at the rate that new worlds are filling up it does not come to a surprise that Innogames is releasing worlds this frequently. If we did not open another world when the latest world filled up we would be preventing new players from joining the game since they wouldn't be able to join the already full world. It would not be fair to new players to place them on older worlds since other players around them would have a few days to weeks head start. Once out of BP they will be rimmed easily by the bigger players. The only good option Innogames has left is to open new worlds at this rate.

DeletedUser

No, because they are at no disadvantage joining a world a week late... Thats what the rim is for. there are probably 6 worlds open right now that a new player could slot into so dont make that excuse. THe world release rate is just a poor excuse to make more $$$$$$

If Inno slowed the release speed there would be more smaller players for the new players to intergrate with.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser20688

I joined Naxos last week, it's been out for a while, I'm going to prove how stupid that comment was.

1 week is nothing

DeletedUser11965

No, because they are at no disadvantage joining a world a week late... Thats what the rim is for. there are probably 6 worlds open right now that a new player could slot into so dont make that excuse. THe world release rate is just a poor excuse to make more $$$$$$

If Inno slowed the release speed there would be more smaller players for the new players to intergrate with...... So dont try BS us mate.

The rim is the perfect place for a new player to learn.

Richard

Strategos
Tanuki7 is correct, the worlds are released as a response to customer demand and business need. Also, Jono, a brand new player joining the rim of worlds older than a few weeks old would be at a reasonable disadvantage. You are free to deny it, but it doesn't change the fact our statistics show this is true, as does customer feedback. If a brand new players entire experience of Grepolis was being rimmed by the person they spawned next to 3 weeks after joining, the new player base would struggle to expand.

I would also like to point out, again, that fast worlds have lower maximum player counts. If players request I release worlds like Calydon or Helorus, they need also to accept I need to compensate for their low player count with servers which can accommodate more players. Being frank, if people would like world releases to slow down, they need to not expect speed 3 servers, and they need to expect less frequent speed 2 servers.

Also, to clarify. If this thread is merely going to turn in to you verbally attacking my team for stating facts, I will no choice but to close the thread.

DeletedUser17088

Unfortunately the whole rim situation is true (suffering from it in Calydon)

No one has joined in my direction (75) in over 4 weeks, meaning there is my alliance and no more to the east,north and south of us. Our only targets lie west and that alliance is 5.2Million point large, while my alliance is 162k. While i relish the chance to fight an alliance 500 times our size, new players might not. I wouldnt wish the current rim situation on anyone (no targets, no BP. no cities worth taking)

DeletedUser

The rim situation:
In en25, we had new players expanding as far as oceans 72, 41, and 85 before registration closed

In en45, ever so slowly starting to get the lower third of 73 filled up, been playing for a few months at the 64/74 border and no new guys coming from up north

DeletedUser

Unfortunately the whole rim situation is true (suffering from it in Calydon)

No one has joined in my direction (75) in over 4 weeks, meaning there is my alliance and no more to the east,north and south of us. Our only targets lie west and that alliance is 5.2Million point large, while my alliance is 162k. While i relish the chance to fight an alliance 500 times our size, new players might not. I wouldnt wish the current rim situation on anyone (no targets, no BP. no cities worth taking)
You also have no one to fight because of the new worlds. No one is going to join calydon because they have new worlds to join, and there lies the problem. As Jono said a week or 2 is nothing. I joined the rim on my first world and did fine. In all honestly it is probably better for a new player to first learn on the rim, less competitive by far.

Status
Not open for further replies.