Pre-Wolrd Idalium Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser31161

there is a great idea that solves all problems. I highly suggest Inno use or i assume more and more players will complain

DeletedUser

The only way I can help to decrease the speed worlds are released is for me to reduce the frequency of high speed worlds. Speed 1 can hold forty-five thousand players, speed 2 can hold thirty thousand., and speed 3 can hold twenty thousand. Mathematically speaking, Inno need to open more speed 1 worlds to offset the smaller user count speeds 2 and 3 give.

If players would like me to decrease the world frequency, they need to stop expecting speed 2's and 3's. The feedback I got from this community since starting this role was that they wanted more speed 2's and 3's, so I delivered that. Now all I hear is that the servers are too frequent. For lack of a better way of describing it, it can not work both ways.

Fair enough mate i dont want to give you a hard time since you are not the one who makes the policies, you have to do your job and thats cool. Im just raging at the big bosses who want a bigger bottom line from early game gold rushes.

I still do not see what is so bad about noobs joining the rim though, 1st there is not the same pressure to be active like in the core with all the vets, and 2nd, if enough players join the rim then everyone can fight players their own size... I realize you don't have any say in the issue im just venting.

Win-Win for everyone, competitive active world (and hopefully externals) and less frequent world releases. And of course Inno will save money on less server space usage. Surely 1 revolt and 1 conquest speed 3's each year and like 6-8 other slower worlds would be sufficient?? (I believe this is reasonable) Rather than the current 25 world releases a year?? (random guess) Otherwise why release worlds with a 10x10 ocean map if only 5-6 oceans are filling up..... Makes no sense to me.

Do you mind me submitting a thread in the Idea's forum about this, so i dont derail this thread further?? I prefer to abide by the rules when possible. And thanks for your continuing tolerance of us Richard :p

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser22650

Tanuki7 is correct, the worlds are released as a response to customer demand and business need. Also, Jono, a brand new player joining the rim of worlds older than a few weeks old would be at a reasonable disadvantage. You are free to deny it, but it doesn't change the fact our statistics show this is true, as does customer feedback. If a brand new players entire experience of Grepolis was being rimmed by the person they spawned next to 3 weeks after joining, the new player base would struggle to expand.

I would also like to point out, again, that fast worlds have lower maximum player counts. If players request I release worlds like Calydon or Helorus, they need also to accept I need to compensate for their low player count with servers which can accommodate more players. Being frank, if people would like world releases to slow down, they need to not expect speed 3 servers, and they need to expect less frequent speed 2 servers.

Also, to clarify. If this thread is merely going to turn in to you verbally attacking my team for stating facts, I will no choice but to close the thread.

most servers have morale, if that doesnt help is there really any point in having it? allso caly in my mind is brand new, its fast so what 12k cap? it has about 1k ppl with more than 1 town, some smaller growing players will be counter acted by the bigger stagnant ones, thats not full, never was and never will be....this really needs to be addressed....maybe if the advert was in some way true to what the game actually is, an un informed new player can only be disappointed if they sign up from seeing that, no doubt most switch off without even queueing a building

DeletedUser

So you can get rim'd after 2 weeks like on Actium? Well I doubt any good players will join this new alliance so you might last a month this time, good luck.

I left Actium actually. :) Granted I'm certainly not the best of players though.

DeletedUser

New worlds usually launch around this time (from previous experience).
Looks like there is going to be a delayed world.

Status
Not open for further replies.