Pre-World Amisos Discussion Thead

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser54495

My god this is slow!

I will be here. But i fear I will tear my eyes out in the first week - getting revolt ready will take so long
smiley_emoticons_irre4.gif

DeletedUser54495

Any premades going for this world? If you know one, link me to it. If you are interested in being in a premade but are not in one yet message me, depending on demand I may host a premade :)

curadh

Phrourach
It really sucks that Conquest players get a 6/6 speed and the Revolt players get palmed off with a crappy 1/1 speed, especially as the special world is Conquest as well.

DeletedUser47932

I assume there will be instant finish, gold trading and battle villages

DeletedUser44505

Players in revolt worlds are dropping like flies waiting for decent settings... and now this WOW these are seriously disappointing considering what conquest players are being handed. You won't see many premades in 101 thats for sure.

DeletedUser21985

wtf, leaving the anniversary world with excentric settings out the picture, this is the 2nd revolt "regular" world in sequence, and leaving a lot of conquest players again on the sideline; very disappointed

DeletedUser46395

Certainly won't be playing this, and so I won't be doing a paper either. Can't stick speed 1 worlds.

DeletedUser54495

Certainly won't be playing this, and so I won't be doing a paper either. Can't stick speed 1 worlds.

If you listen really closely you can hear the sound of a thousand external-goer's hearts breaking
smiley_emoticons_frown.gif

Honestly I don't blame you if you have time speed 1 can be painful

DeletedUser54192

wtf, leaving the anniversary world with excentric settings out the picture, this is the 2nd revolt "regular" world in sequence, and leaving a lot of conquest players again on the sideline; very disappointed
I don't quite see how the conquest players are being left on the sideline? In fact, I'd say that conquest players are getting the better end out of this particular deal.
- En100 is a fast conquest world with no morale. Perhaps a little too fast, but a fast, no-morale conquest server is what a lot of players have been requesting on these forums. It's different to any of the recent EN servers (the Classic world was something entirely different).
- En101 is a slow revolt server with active morale, when we already have 2 slow or fairly slow revolt servers with active morale that are still going, and when there are probably a fair few players and premades waiting around for a fast revolt server.

While I like the idea of bringing out a conquest server and a revolt server at the same time, I think en101 isn't going to be a hugely popular world, for multiple reasons:
1) En94 Mesembria (1/2) and En99 Selymbria (2/2) are both fairly slow revolt worlds with active morale. So far as I know, there isn't a large (or at least obviously large) community for slow revolt servers. And most of the players who do prefer those settings are entrenched on Mesembria, or are on Selymbria. So we are unlikely to see many of the "regulars", especially given how recently en99 came out.
2) Similar to what I have said above, but it isn't really bringing anything 'new' or 'special' to the revolt community. Every revolt server since en89 Golgi has had a unit speed of 2 or less. Given that most people don't want to start a server more than about a month after it has opened, then there hasn't been a good way to start a fast unit speed revolt server since March 2016, 16 months ago.
3) What the community wants - I'm sure there are a lot of premades (be they known teams or just a few friends) that are waiting for an actual fast revolt server. Personally, I quite like unit speed 2, so this isn't about what would be my ideal server. But there are no doubt going to be premades sitting around waiting for fast revolt, just like there are premades waiting for fast conquest. Yes, en100 is possibly too fast for a fair number of those conquest premades, but at least it's something vaguely in the direction of what they were after, whereas the revolt world isn't really a response to what the revolt community were looking for.

As I said, I think it was a fun idea to bring out 2 servers at once, but I think it has definitely fallen down a little at the revolt end. I think there would have been a better response from the community if we had to wait an extra month or so for en101, and it was something like 3/3, 4/3 or even 4/4, with no morale.

DeletedUser24285

1 speed worlds should be made a thing of the past - too much like Cricket!

DeletedUser54892

Great settings, maybe ideal. Unfortunately players who like the settings rarely play 2 or more worlds at once.

DeletedUser50931

Iam in, bout time a world/server came out that people with lives/families/jobs can play.. Hazaar!

Might even see this world out instead of Houdini'ing... man i miss the gang!

Status
Not open for further replies.