Pre-World Dokos Discussion Thread

Zen Shadow

Lochagos
Because there is less gold use it is less competitive? Nah man... Competition on who can spend the most is not the only kind of competition.
Agreed bro! I’d say the current proliferation of little active alliances is actually a good thing for the server. All us rats are gonna gorge ourselves on the giant pile of cheese!

Maddox8

Hoplite
In fact, spending gold is a factor that motivates the other player who is the enemy of you, to invest so that he can defeat you.
I have an experience from the Trapezus world ,when some players built more nukes WITH GOLD to break an LTS city.

Zen Shadow

Lochagos
In fact, spending gold is a factor that motivates the other player who is the enemy of you, to invest so that he can defeat you.
I have an experience from the Trapezus world ,when some players built more nukes WITH GOLD to break an LTS city.
I don’t have a problem with reasonable gold use. I use gold myself, I’m just economical about it. I don’t throw my wallet at the game like I did 6 or 7 years ago. I’m not against gold, but it is the reason we lost a lot of casual players over the years. Folks who live paycheck to paycheck might spend 20-40 bucks a month on a game, but aren’t going to try to compete with people who drop hundreds or more a month. There’s no incentive to spend if you know the other guy can spend ten times your budget without caring. That’s where a cap would change things. Limit it to 20 or 50 bucks per week. Then more players will be competitive. I’m competitive without spending just because I’m experienced enough to do reasonably well without using more than a small amount of money.

I’ll add that they could make worlds with a gold cap and some without so players could choose which kind to play.

Last edited: