Pre-World Eubea Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser41872

Quote Originally Posted by Exclata View Post
have been waiting whole day long and I know some others too... And yet 13 December 2013 has gone for 12 hours and more based on UTC+2 yet no sign of opening doors for this world?

I might suggest the mods are being a little nicer to let the players know what the hell is going on.. in return to make us wait whole day feeling stupid.
You should read before you post.
Quote Originally Posted by Sirloin View Post
[Worlds open] Usually between 12:00 and 16:00 but they won't say when.
There will be an announcement as soon as it opens.
I might suggest instead of feeling stupid or having a go at the mods, you ask, as others have. You could even just read up a couple of posts and see the answers.

Alternatively you could look in the announcements section yourself and easily see what time worlds usually open.

I did.
Just dont understand why cant they announce the time when the world is gonna be opened. In lack of information, players have been waiting.

You should think before you reply too. Wouldnt it be better if let's say "World A is opened at 13:00:00 UTC+2 on 25 December 2013. Be there and Merry Christmas"? No?

Be a little more effective and critical. 12:00 to 16:00 is 4 hours period. And there is no specific reason why the exact time the world is open cant be told. Correct?

But nonetheless, mods are always mods.. Never wrong indeed I guess. Many fans too... :)
If both of you are not yet mods, you are a very top rank future mods.. ;) Congratulation.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5819

Then I don't understand why you have been actively waiting 12hrs for a world that clearly wouldn't be opening till the afternoon.

Just dont understand why cant they announce the time when the world is gonna be opened.
Then go back and read my post before your first post, and the post it was responding to. It is a little tongue in cheek, but a time cannot be guaranteed, and if it were it would only lead to problems and upset.

In lack of information, players have been waiting.
The information is all here on the forum. If players have been waiting perhaps they should visit the forum and look for the information, or ask for it if they cannot find it.

You should think before you reply too.
I did think before I replied. You came across as demanding, too ready to slam the people who give up their time to make this place work, and not ready to do any yourself.
I edited out the bit that said that, before I posted.

Wouldnt it be better if let's say "World A is opened at 13:00:00 UTC+2 on 25 December 2013. Be there and Merry Christmas"? No?
No, obviously it wouldn't, for reasons already explained and more.

DeletedUser41872

Then I don't understand why you have been actively waiting 12hrs for a world that clearly wouldn't be opening till the afternoon.

Then go back and read my post before your first post, and the post it was responding to. It is a little tongue in cheek, but a time cannot be guaranteed, and if it were it would only lead to problems and upset.

The information is all here on the forum. If players have been waiting perhaps they should visit the forum and look for the information, or ask for it if they cannot find it.

I did think before I replied. You came across as demanding, too ready to slam the people who give up their time to make this place work, and not ready to do any yourself.
I edited out the bit that said that, before I posted.

No, obviously it wouldn't, for reasons already explained and more.

No I have not been waiting for 12 hours. I was pointing to the 4 hours. Dont you think players would be waiting too in that 4 hours period? 4 hours is some what pretty long too. And it makes it sounds like the game is purposefully asking players to come back and check, nothing, come back and check, nothing again, and again and again and again?

Does this officially means that when they announce the world was gonna be open on this date, they were not sure yet whether to open it on 12:00 or on 13:00 or 16:00 even? Or frankly to say, incapable of making sure that the world is ready?

DeletedUser

Technical problems are always are always a possibility and the mods aren't the ones opening the worlds. Its really not a big deal not getting into a world the second it opens. Any good player can make up for the time they miss if they get in within the first month i would say. Mods do a really hard job and deserve respect :)

DeletedUser41872

Technical problems are always are always a possibility and the mods aren't the ones opening the worlds. Its really not a big deal not getting into a world the second it opens. Any good player can make up for the time they miss if they get in within the first month i would say. Mods do a really hard job and deserve respect :)

Oh I have nothing against the Mods. You can still go and have respect and bow and kneel before them as you please. No big deal for me. I only think that since this is a game played by thousands, the game (as a whole, not only the mods) should consider the aspect of "People expectation".

They (in this case, the game) announced that the world was gonna be opened today.
Then some people said in here that usually, USUALLY, worlds open at 12:00 til 16:00 (4 hours).
Now we are right in the "waiting period". As a professional, I tend to think that in this stage, the game should have already known this world IS gonna open OR NOT. I get the feeling (by experience) that if indeed technical problem occurs, the mod would just post some apology here AFTER 16:00. THAT! causes trouble.

Moreover, as a professional game company, I dont think they should announce a new world if the world is indeed not ready.

I am not saying that I MUST enter the world the minute it opens. Everybody has personal reason and background in doing what they do. I am just curious about the "INCAPABILITY OF TIME GUARANTEE"

DeletedUser

Not bowing or kneeling mate without the mods the game would be filled with spam and cheating and not the same game. They have told you it will be out today as i have said a few hours makes no difference. Also i expect as i have been told the game to be released today that is my expectation, not arguing this further though stated my point and will see you in there.

DeletedUser5819

No I have not been waiting for 12 hours. I was pointing to the 4 hours. Dont you think players would be waiting too in that 4 hours period? 4 hours is some what pretty long too. And it makes it sounds like the game is purposefully asking players to come back and check, nothing, come back and check, nothing again, and again and again and again?

Does this officially means that when they announce the world was gonna be open on this date, they were not sure yet whether to open it on 12:00 or on 13:00 or 16:00 even? Or frankly to say, incapable of making sure that the world is ready?
It doesn't officially mean anything. Nobody who has responded to you has done so as an official of grepolis or innogames.
All your other points and questions have already been answered here in this thread. The fact that you are all flusterred up and want to make a fuss doesn't make them untrue, it just makes it hard for you to accept them just now.

I suggest you get a coffee and walk away till you are feeling more logical and ready to understand.

DeletedUser44027

Oh I have nothing against the Mods. You can still go and have respect and bow and kneel before them as you please. No big deal for me. I only think that since this is a game played by thousands, the game (as a whole, not only the mods) should consider the aspect of "People expectation".

They (in this case, the game) announced that the world was gonna be opened today.
Then some people said in here that usually, USUALLY, worlds open at 12:00 til 16:00 (4 hours).
Now we are right in the "waiting period". As a professional, I tend to think that in this stage, the game should have already known this world IS gonna open OR NOT. I get the feeling (by experience) that if indeed technical problem occurs, the mod would just post some apology here AFTER 16:00. THAT! causes trouble.

Moreover, as a professional game company, I dont think they should announce a new world if the world is indeed not ready.

I am not saying that I MUST enter the world the minute it opens. Everybody has personal reason and background in doing what they do. I am just curious about the "INCAPABILITY OF TIME GUARANTEE"

Look mate, I seriously doubt youve ever set up a grepolis server. Setting up servers isn't always fast and easy, even more so in grepolis' case. They have to prep a serve to hold 50000 players (most of which are inactive), and they don't want to have to take the server down for fixes very often. Let them take time to be better prepared, so you get a better experience.

DeletedUser41872

It doesn't officially mean anything. Nobody who has responded to you has done so as an official of grepolis or innogames.
All your other points and questions have already been answered here in this thread. The fact that you are all flusterred up and want to make a fuss doesn't make them untrue, it just makes it hard for you to accept them just now.

I suggest you get a coffee and walk away till you are feeling more logical and ready to understand.

All in all, you are just asking me to drink my coffee and wait til 16:00 to see whether this world open or not right? I can do that. See, I have my logical to answer your request Baby ;) Chill..

I believe with an open heart and open mind and open eyes, and with the blessing from Lord above, you will be able to see that my points and questions have not been answered yet really. But no worry. I will answer to your request to sit tight and wait nicely. ;)

Peace and have a wonderful holiday season y'all!!!!

Note: I do understand how hard it is to set up a game world server etc etc though I am not the expert in it. Hence I have not been all fussing about the technical problem my region has which has caused me unable to log in to the game for like more than 14 hours and lost cities in the game. I am sorry if my expectation of a professional and big game company is that they should be able to make sure the world is ready before announcement, and by the opening period they would have a word or two about the opening process (should there be technical problem, should there be delay, should there be minor change, it's always nice to have some information about the progress).

DeletedUser

Right let's stop that argument now before it carries on to page 8.

Who has their alliance agenda in place?

DeletedUser

neh.i understood he is a huge player.he buy gold like i buy bread.EVERYDAY!muahahaha!

DeletedUser5819

But you said he bought it for everyone in his premade, which I assume you made up. Or has that come from some inside knowledge or posting I have missed?

Status
Not open for further replies.