Pre-World Falkonera Discussion Thread

Zen Shadow

Lochagos
Will anyone be doing a newspaper for this world?
I might do a Top 12 after I and my alliance are rimmed by the MRA players and I can figure out how many of these groups are hugging…
If you are in a hugging group, you will be lumped in as a sister alliance and not given any ranking of your own…. I don’t respect wings, period!

Kosti

Phrourach
I might do a Top 12 after I and my alliance are rimmed by the MRA players and I can figure out how many of these groups are hugging…
If you are in a hugging group, you will be lumped in as a sister alliance and not given any ranking of your own…. I don’t respect wings, period!
waow, i think everyone here cares about your top 12

XUNGA

Taxiarch
Everyone plays as they see fit, but my distrust of alliances that recruit massively is that they serve as a shelter for those players who "are not here to participate seriously" as some have told me. They're just here to collect gold or they're building beautiful cities but participation is zero. At least if they didn't have these shelters, they wouldn't come here to spend holidays and collect gold.

Zen Shadow

Lochagos
On this world there is an imitation MRA, so I’d separate JFL and the fake MRA wings. However, there are a couple groups I see that have different names, but I suspect are Pacted together as an MRA. Therefore, I won’t consider most rankings valid until we actually see who fights and who hugs. I don’t consider wings as separate entities since they are generally only as good as their main alliances.

MookFamous

Hipparchus
Everyone plays as they see fit, but my distrust of alliances that recruit massively is that they serve as a shelter for those players who "are not here to participate seriously" as some have told me. They're just here to collect gold or they're building beautiful cities but participation is zero. At least if they didn't have these shelters, they wouldn't come here to spend holidays and collect gold.

Should be better for players that are taking the world serious. Let them build up beautiful cities while you can just take them. Most of the time people that are just golding eventually leave.

This is hilarious. I've never seen a thread like this on US servers. Wish we had half the activity over there that the EN servers have. I'm new to EN but glad to be here and willing to help out whoever I can. I am curious though what MRA stands for? Merged something Alliance? Massive something Alliance? Thats another acronym I am unfamiliar with.

Zen Shadow

Lochagos
This is hilarious. I've never seen a thread like this on US servers. Wish we had half the activity over there that the EN servers have. I'm new to EN but glad to be here and willing to help out whoever I can. I am curious though what MRA stands for? Merged something Alliance? Massive something Alliance? Thats another acronym I am unfamiliar with.
Massive Recruiting Alliance is one with wings that try to recruit all the food. Usually has a core of active players that use the rest to bully other alliances until they start cannibalizing their own to try to get down to one team by endgame.

Massive Recruiting Alliance is one with wings that try to recruit all the food. Usually has a core of active players that use the rest to bully other alliances until they start cannibalizing their own to try to get down to one team by endgame.
Ah I see now, thanks for the explanation mate. That doesnt sound like the kind of team I want to be a part of at all unfortunately.

Zen Shadow

Lochagos
Ah I see now, thanks for the explanation mate. That doesnt sound like the kind of team I want to be a part of at all unfortunately.
No problem. EN servers are fun, especially due to the variety of people you can work with from all over the world. Conversely, there are some people who consider the rest of us peasants and they run the MRAs, act like bullies both in game and on the external forum, and do a lot of backstabbing; all to feed their own egos.
Have fun! That’s what the rest of us are here for! My group doesn’t fear bullies and won’t be ruled by them!

XUNGA

Taxiarch
I came to this server after several years because I was told that the best players were here. Styles aside I think the statement may be correct

there are some people who consider the rest of us peasants and they run the MRAs, act like bullies both in game and on the external forum, and do a lot of backstabbing; all to feed their own egos.
Oh I've been privy to the mass mails calling everyone useless and telling them to move off their starting islands "or else" like its a real threat
smiley-emoticons-lol.gif

XUNGA

Taxiarch
I came to this server after several years because I was told that the best players were here. Styles aside I think the statement may be correct
I hope it wasn't too much, my alliance's public relations thought it was a good idea to improve recruitment rates

Zen Shadow

Lochagos
Oh I've been privy to the mass mails calling everyone useless and telling them to move off their starting islands "or else" like its a real threat
smiley-emoticons-lol.gif
Yeah, it’s just pixels anyway, but I’d never just hand off cities because someone says I have to lols! We Be Pirates don’t roll that way! No one even sends us those mails. Guess they know we’ll just set them RED and fight! I already set 5 alliances RED for their members behavior both on external forum and on EN 141! That list is likely to grow! ;)

Anybody have any idea what the first event will be for this world or when it will be? All my time playing Ive only ever seen one event and its the Aegan Battleships.

XUNGA

Taxiarch
And from what I've been reading, it's a lot more work than the last time I played where you just had to catch the eggs in the ocean