Pre-World Gortyn Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser41523

I don't get the whole world that's designed for new players but then adding a low alliance cap to it thing.

DeletedUser48451

I don't get the whole world that's designed for new players but then adding a low alliance cap to it thing.
Happy Women's Day Daniel
smiley_emoticons_hecheln.gif
smiley_emoticons_freu-dance.gif
and pls find some solid roster for this one,am jumping in after break even this settings are terrible + Moral active
smiley_emoticons_frown.gif

DeletedUser41523

I don't think I'm going to play it. Happy woman's day to you too ;)

DeletedUser55537

Just tell me if you will invite me. I want to be ready. Thank you.

DeletedUser55540

So when did the festivities commenceI? As soon as the daily rewards generate?

DeletedUser55540

Aww shucks, I've stayed up for nothing, anyone have a clue what time this world will begin?

DeletedUser41011

Below is a post I put on the world's sub-forum. It can be deleted if it isn't pertinent, but the forums don't have much on it as of yet, so I think here would be better.

Hey lads, I made my account on here years ago and I played on and off, nothing serious. I really can't wrap my head around this game. I have also played Tribal Wars for many years and was mighty successful, dominating continents to myself and winning worlds with my tribe.
I am willing to learn, have skype, discord.
I never had a second village on Grepolis, lol.
I know the most important thing is activity, and I will am able to be extremely active, I just need the guidance.
One thing I struggle with in this game is resource management. Out of nowhere warehouse and farm take 5 hours and my warehouse is overflowing constantly even though I have it very high and there's nothing I can do about it unless I spend RL money to insta build stuff. (That's probably done on purpose)
I can build troops 24/7alongside building. I farm the barbarian villages every 5 minutes, very proficiently. Maybe too proficiently, and that's why it happens.
I am never idle, but the resource management is just insane. If I have too much resources I would build the temple 5 levels higher than the tutorial quests ask me too, but it still ends up with resources going overflowed.
Then I wake up one day and someone on my island who I am sure I was doing better than, has 4 villages around me. I really don't get it.
I am willing to put the time and effort if someone can guide me.
I am guessing people are going to be spawning instantly upon the world's opening. Ideally I would like to wait 12-24 hours so I am not going to get ripped apart in the core instantly.
BTW on some guides it told me to get 150 slinger to take a village. That seems ridiculous, in TW I would have 5k axemen

DeletedUser55540

Below is a post I put on the world's sub-forum. It can be deleted if it isn't pertinent, but the forums don't have much on it as of yet, so I think here would be better.

Hey lads, I made my account on here years ago and I played on and off, nothing serious. I really can't wrap my head around this game. I have also played Tribal Wars for many years and was mighty successful, dominating continents to myself and winning worlds with my tribe.
I know the most important thing is activity, and I will am able to be extremely active, I just need the guidance.
One thing I struggle with in this game is resource management. Out of nowhere warehouse and farm take 5 hours and my warehouse is overflowing constantly even though I have it very high and there's nothing I can do about it unless I spend RL money to insta build stuff. (That's probably done on purpose)
I can build troops 24/7alongside building. I farm the barbarian villages every 5 minutes, very proficiently. Maybe too proficiently, and that's why it happens.
I am never idle, but the resource management is just insane. If I have too much resources I would build the temple 5 levels higher than the tutorial quests ask me too, but it still ends up with resources going overflowed.
Then I wake up one day and someone on my island who I am sure I was doing better than, has 4 villages around me. I really don't get it.
I am guessing people are going to be spawning instantly upon the world's opening. Ideally I would like to wait 12-24 hours so I am not going to get ripped apart in the core instantly.
BTW on some guides it told me to get 150 slinger to take a village. That seems ridiculous, in TW I would have 5k axemen

Your best bet is to wait a day or two to spawn in near the least competitive crowd, not because you are novice, rather waiting to get a good look at the location of premade allegiances then totally avoiding their locations. This way, you will have a greater chance at building your city and keeping it for the long haul. I've made this mistake before, joining asap, then building up my cities only to have them taken by experienced groups that spend lots of gold.

I wouldn't worry too much about what to do and what not to do, as this information will be posted within the forum of any alliance you join. If there is no tab within your alliance forum dedicated solely to ''guidance'' then get out of that alliance a quick as possible.

Good luck, and may the odds forever be in your favor.

DeletedUser

I am quite behind as i played a few years ago and haven't played conquest seriously, but happy to help when the world starts if you PM me i am FlyingMonkeyBoy in game. I may not be the most experienced player, but i understand quite a few of the strategies have been in and lead in some top revolt alliances. I would read some of the very good guides on the forums i think some of it is out of date, but highly recommend -achilles- one in the guide section of the forum. When starting a new world most important things to do are quickly build to conquest, be aggressive when BP ends for extra resources and get that second city to decrease your chance of hitting the rim. Gold does help to speed things up, but you can get by without it you will never be at the top of the rankings to start, but with good activity you can be pretty high up admin at the start i would consider being the most important gold purchase. Speeding build times and buying resources comes after. When you have a good number of cities being a good attacker and defender tends to determine where you end up in the ranking when people slow on using gold. Hope it helps.

I reckon world opening time will be about 1-3 pm GMT +1 developers are in Germany so would make sense that it would be after lunch :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.