Pre-World Ialysos Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser32498

revolt is a simplified version of conquest, that takes the strategy out of the strategy game ;) Many players view conquest as the professional game and revolt as the casual game, this doesn't just extend to conquest players, veteran revolt players also admit to such. I guess the people that like the challenge of pitching strategies against each other don't like a strategy game that has no real strategy involved. The lack of strategy in revolt means that players with less time on their hands to do the planning and strategy required to be successful on conquest (golding to no 1 an quitting is not successful), can still be considered as great players by those around them if they play a form of the game that their time allocation allows.

You know one time they were going to get rid of conquest altogether and just have revolt, but the forums literally revolted ;)

Yeah man I know what you saying. It's just revolt is better for people with RL cause conquest is just sending CS when people are offline at work or something and stacking with biremes and dlu.

DeletedUser

not with attack alarm... lol. You can always eliminate anti-timer if you are defending so the attack alarm makes it very much harder to land anything on anyone that uses the ap. I guess if Revolt players developed their strategy a little then the same trick can be used by the defender in revolt too.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser32498

I've played conquest too. It's actually pretty fun. It's just I found it takes more levels of activity.

DeletedUser

hmmm... yes.... On cytheria core I logged on 2hrs a day every day for 2 weeks and noone even bothered me until I announced I had had enough simming in core and found the rim more entertaining, and clicked the delete button :)

DeletedUser33530

I've played conquest too. It's actually pretty fun. It's just I found it takes more levels of activity.
Nothing against revolt guys but I'm just more for the conquest setting. When you play it for so long you just love it. Also ALL for my guides for noobs are for conquest worlds only.

DeletedUser30490

well its definitely gonna be a conquest i think..........

DeletedUser

I think the will develop a new type of conquest system and randomly release it to mess with us all :p

DeletedUser

That's an amazing find haha, even zeus gets it wrong sometimes :)

DeletedUser

aint it about time they announced the settings?

All this went pretty fast.. probably because they want to avoid premades.

(I remember how Venom 2.0 put like 15-20 players per island, on 4 neighboring islands in Paros).

DeletedUser44027

Actually, they made this early. Generally it only comes out a day before, this was over 30 hrs before launch.

DeletedUser30490

predicted settings.
Speed:1
Alliance cap:800 ;)
conquest system:conquest
morale:inactive

DeletedUser44027

Nope. I'm hoping for conquest speed 2, but a cap of 25 to screw with naji :p

DeletedUser20415

they will make a record and annouce the settings one minute before the world opens :supermad:

DeletedUser20415

your guys are soo screwed if u generate anywhere near me

Status
Not open for further replies.