Pre-World Icaria Discussion Thread

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
On August 2nd our newest world will be opened. Feel free to discuss the new world in this thread.

World settings:
  • Game speed: 5
  • Unit speed: 4
  • Trade speed: 4
  • Beginners protection: 7 Days
  • Alliance limit: 45
  • Conquer system: Conquest
  • Conquest Duration Time: 8 hours
  • City Foundation Time: 8 Hours
  • Morale: Active
  • Endgame: World Wonders
  • Artifact: Athena's Cornucopia

Sir Sinkalot

Taxiarch
Almost perfect, why did you have to ruin it with morale :(

Apart from a few simmers no one ever wants it. I bet the survey shows that too, but you just ignored it cause it's been "too long" since a morale world

Sorin Markov

Phrourach
Good speed! No morale and revolt and it's perfect, but you should save that for en148 anyway so that I can be done with en142 by then ;)

kingpg28

Phrourach
why are irrelevant people complaing about cq time like you will be doing cq 3 times a day in a server changing war... you finna be fighting nobodys and building 25 walls.. it helps you if anything for when you lose your city...

Shock

Chiliarch
JFL will ruin this World for the rest of us :/
omg yes i agree so much charlie is basically cheating cause like he buys so much golds and he is like by far the best player ever in this game
nobody has probably ever beaten charlie cause he's just so damn good at grepolis holy hell
charlie #1 grepolis player of all time and jfl is hands down the best alliance ever no doubt about it

LiamC1997

Hoplite
smiley-emoticons-bravo2.gif

Thedrisean

Hekatontarch
These settings are right up my alley. Gold spender....playing since EN5. Would be grateful to be considered by a serious premade.....PM please.

Many thanks.

TD

Red-Haired Shanks

Hipparchus
From Charlie.
We will be dropping in the speed 5 world, looking to make an mra to kill this world and game off, message me privately for consideration, i wont waste my time reading replies from the forum spammers of previous alliances that we dismantled looking for my attention.

C
JFL

Tomander

Hekatontarch
Great settings: Conquest Speed5. I'll be dropping in day 1. Starting my own alliance called 'The Mighty'. Open but only elites need apply. Here's the alliance rules: build wall 25 and tower. Land units: only Slings. Navy: only LS. Myths: only Minotaurs. Banned units: birs- garbage, tris - like birs but more expensive, dlu- worthless crap, flyers-for noobs only. Tactics: launch your cs at target cities with slings on slow trans and as many light ships as possible to both clear the city and protect your cs during siege.
Who's in?

Hahahahahaha

0ZZZ

Phrourach
The reason for moral is to curb your inability to manage your penchant from bullying much smaller players.
All worlds should be morale.
Whats wrong with you cry babies, howling for an easy button? The best wins in life are the ones where the odds are stacked against you.
Even in a game they will build character and make you stronger.
No wonder half of you weaklings use bots.

"WAAAHHH!!! my free lunch is not free enough!!!" Thats you.
Make the server NO alarm and I will happily crush all these "I need an easy button but Im so greats."

NOTE: Dont say no alarm cant be done because of outside McScripts. You just expose your ignorance in game creation/maintenance.
NOTE 2: Im PRO moral but I do agree it needs to be reworked a bit to make more sense.

Last edited:

gkassimis

Hipparchus
The reason for moral is to curb your inability to manage your penchant from bullying much smaller players.
All worlds should be morale.
Whats wrong with you cry babies howling for an easy button? The best wins in life are the ones where the odds are stacked against you.
Even in a game they will build character and make you stronger.
No wonder half of you weaklings use bots.

"WAAAHHH!!! my free lunch is not free enough!!!" Thats you.
Make the server NO alarm and I will happily crush all these "I need an easy button but Im so greats."

NOTE: Dont say no alarm cant be done because of outside McScripts. You just expose your ignorance in game creation/maintenance.
NOTE 2: Im PRO moral but I do agree it needs to be reworked a bit to make more sense.
Morale rewards inactivity. furthermore encourages alliances to keep low morale cs drivers to make it impossible break a siege. i could understand a player to be low in points because he cant dedicate much time playing but when he does it on purpose in order to be able to be lm cs driver. then its pure manipulation of the game

0ZZZ

Phrourach
Morale rewards inactivity. furthermore encourages alliances to keep low morale cs drivers to make it impossible break a siege. i could understand a player to be low in points because he cant dedicate much time playing but when he does it on purpose in order to be able to be lm cs driver. then its pure manipulation of the game

"Morale rewards inactivity." Inactivity?!? A good LMD is one of the most active players on the board and every one around them becomes more active as well or pay for it with their city.

"encourages alliances to keep low morale cs drivers" Yes it does if they prefer not to do things the hard way.

"low morale cs drivers to make it impossible break a siege." Thats a load horse pucky. It simply means you need to have a well designed defense plan with speed in mind.

"its pure manipulation of the game." ........................................Seriously! enough of the
"you are playing the game intelligently and that is wrong. You must play the game stupidly like me, or its not fair."

LMD was to level the playing field when smaller alliances tried to take cities from larger ones.
It was still a game of numbers but it was a game of LOCAL numbers.
Once the stack gets big enough with that mod your gonna be feeding them a ton of exp helping them to catch up and provide meaningful competition if you chose to break it.

Did large alliances field them too? Of course they did. Every one had the ability to field them. It leveled the playing field.
LMD was a specialized role. There was nothing wrong with it. Any alliance of 7 people could afford to field an LMD.
It added more choices, more balance. and more strategy to the game.

Your real complaint, the 900 pound gorilla in the room, is you do not like the LMD mechanic because you are still vulnerable to smaller players after you bloat up to a couple of hundred cities stuffing your face with gold.

Your real complaint is you cant sit there singing "Im so great" on easy mode and just whistle for your 500 friends to come erase the fact some little guy bested you when the LMD mechanic is available to him.

Have no fear INO games listened to the cry baby WHALES and removed the LMD function.

Removal of the LMD mechanic was not the dumbest choice I have seen INO make but It ant far off.

Pennaone

Phrourach
"Morale rewards inactivity." Inactivity?!? A good LMD is one of the most active players on the board and every one around them becomes more active as well or pay for it with their city.

"encourages alliances to keep low morale cs drivers" Yes it does if they prefer not to do things the hard way.

"low morale cs drivers to make it impossible break a siege." Thats a load horse pucky. It simply means you need to have a well designed defense plan with speed in mind.

"its pure manipulation of the game." ........................................Seriously! enough of the
"you are playing the game intelligently and that is wrong. You must play the game stupidly like me, or its not fair."

LMD was to level the playing field when smaller alliances tried to take cities from larger ones.
It was still a game of numbers but it was a game of LOCAL numbers.
Once the stack gets big enough with that mod your gonna be feeding them a ton of exp helping them to catch up and provide meaningful competition if you chose to break it.

Did large alliances field them too? Of course they did. Every one had the ability to field them. It leveled the playing field.
LMD was a specialized role. There was nothing wrong with it. Any alliance of 7 people could afford to field an LMD.
It added more choices, more balance. and more strategy to the game.

Your real complaint, the 900 pound gorilla in the room, is you do not like the LMD mechanic because you are still vulnerable to smaller players after you bloat up to a couple of hundred cities stuffing your face with gold.

Your real complaint is you cant sit there singing "Im so great" on easy mode and just whistle for your 500 friends to come erase the fact some little guy bested you when the LMD mechanic is available to him.

Have no fear INO games listened to the cry baby WHALES and removed the LMD function.

Removal of the LMD mechanic was not the dumbest choice I have seen INO make but It ant far off.

If you lived in my city I'd vote to unresearch Democracy.

Coreythep

Taxiarch
Anyone who's played at a top level knows this is entirely untrue.
Morale was not invented for the intention of being used in sieges. It was to protect smaller f2p trashcans from the elites.

In its current form, morale is good and working as intended. And I do actually agree with you, that morale (in its current form) should be active in every world, to protect those above mentioned individuals.

LMD was purely a manipulated abuse of a game mechanic for teams who were too sloppy or unorganized to land and hold a CS properly, or to burn event flyers.

And hot take but anyone who chooses to LMD has 0 iq and can't manage more than 13 cities.