Pre-World Milos Discussion Thread

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
On the 22nd our newest world will be opened. Feel free to discuss the new world in this thread.

World settings:
  • Game speed: 5
  • Unit speed: 4
  • Trade speed: 4
  • Beginners protection: 6 Days
  • Alliance limit: 40
  • Conquer system: Revolt
  • Revolt Duration: 8 hours
  • City Foundation Time: 8 Hours
  • Morale: Active
  • Endgame: World Wonders
  • Endgame Speed: Regular
  • Artifact: Palladion

Internets

Hoplite
These would be such wonderful settings, but why activate morale? Speed 5 with morale active makes no sense at all. Morale already caters to players that don't spend the most money on the game anyway, but in speed 5 it's completely bonkers. Why even release a fast near-perfect world, if you throw a wrench in it like this? I'm genuinely curious about the reasoning.

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
No Hephaestus Blessing as it's a settings for special worlds so we can't get it for normal releases. While revolt is typically 12 hours whenever we get faster speed revolt worlds we always get asked to run shorter duration revolt times much like how conquest gets different durations. So given how fast this world is we're going to try out the 8 hour revolt on a speed 5 to see how it plays. As for morale we can't have too many worlds without it active this is also why morale has been updated over the years to scale with progression in the world to have less effect in the later stages of the game.

Zarun-

Strategos
As for morale we can't have too many worlds without it active this is also why morale has been updated over the years to scale with progression in the world to have less effect in the later stages of the game.
Needs more work then. At end of en135 (100+ cities stage) I was being attacked by players with only 20 cities less but I couldn't hit back due to the 65-70% morale.

Internets

Hoplite
No Hephaestus Blessing as it's a settings for special worlds so we can't get it for normal releases. While revolt is typically 12 hours whenever we get faster speed revolt worlds we always get asked to run shorter duration revolt times much like how conquest gets different durations. So given how fast this world is we're going to try out the 8 hour revolt on a speed 5 to see how it plays. As for morale we can't have too many worlds without it active this is also why morale has been updated over the years to scale with progression in the world to have less effect in the later stages of the game.
Hi, thank you for your response regarding morale. Personally I feel like high speed worlds affect morale in a negative way, it excessively penalizes growth and makes it very difficult for most players to continue growing at a good pace. Especially late game, it becomes very hard to clear oceans because of the numerous low morale players. It would make more sense, I feel, to switch back and forth with morale settings, and to reserve morale for the (slightly) lower speed worlds. From my perspective, high speed and morale bring out the worst aspects in each other.

bozebert

Hoplite
Out of the last 14 worlds, 10 have had morale. I don't think that's too many, especially since almost all of the non-international Grepolis servers have had a much bigger percentage of morale inactive worlds lately. It just does not seem fair to give us this few. While I do agree that the new morale system makes it not quite as terrible, it can still completely ruin how a world progresses and we all know morale just does not work as intended on fast worlds, especially on revolt.

Lethal-Bacon

Polemarch
Hi, thank you for your response regarding morale. Personally I feel like high speed worlds affect morale in a negative way, it excessively penalizes growth and makes it very difficult for most players to continue growing at a good pace. Especially late game, it becomes very hard to clear oceans because of the numerous low morale players. It would make more sense, I feel, to switch back and forth with morale settings, and to reserve morale for the (slightly) lower speed worlds. From my perspective, high speed and morale bring out the worst aspects in each other.

i agree completely on speed 4 and up worlds morale hurts the player base more than it helps smaller players, we should have far more morale off worlds than morale on.

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
We're not really able to edit settings once they've been approved and the world set up so in this instance the settings will remain as they are. Going forward we can certainly try to line up higher speed worlds with no morale better than we have been. Another thing I'm curious about, since we're getting good feedback here, is how our community feels about world boosts? World boosts being specific buffs like +10% to LS attack power or +10% to land troop defensive power or increased favor production, etc. In the past we've had a few on worlds once these became an option but the reaction to them was lukewarm.

bozebert

Hoplite
We're not really able to edit settings once they've been approved and the world set up so in this instance the settings will remain as they are. Going forward we can certainly try to line up higher speed worlds with no morale better than we have been. Another thing I'm curious about, since we're getting good feedback here, is how our community feels about world boosts? World boosts being specific buffs like +10% to LS attack power or +10% to land troop defensive power or increased favor production, etc. In the past we've had a few on worlds once these became an option but the reaction to them was lukewarm.
Why are you not able to do so though? I've seen it happen so often on DE/ES/NL/PL/FR, it would be really nice if you could at least consider bringing it up with fellow mods. As for the world boosts, I do quite like them. I've always wondered why EN never really jumped on them while others have had boosts for pretty much every world in the last couple of years. Although, for example, I do feel like +10% to land troop defensive power and LS attack power are boosts that are much better suited to conquest worlds.

Zarun-

Strategos
Yes I've seen a US world change settings on player demand as well (night bonus from on to off), but if we can't then we can't. Thanks for responding.

Personally I like small boosts in a world, makes things more interesting. I remember US Farsala had a 10% speed boost, it was fun getting things done a bit quicker.

HyKe

Hipparchus
On the 22nd our newest world will be opened. Feel free to discuss the new world in this thread.

World settings:
  • Game speed: 5
  • Unit speed: 4
  • Trade speed: 4
  • Beginners protection: 6 Days
  • Alliance limit: 40
  • Conquer system: Revolt
  • Revolt Duration: 8 hours
  • City Foundation Time: 8 Hours
  • Morale: Active
  • Endgame: World Wonders
  • Endgame Speed: Regular
  • Artifact: Palladion
Nice world uwu

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
We've never really gotten a great deal of feedback on world boosts which is why we typically don't have them but I'm certainly happy to start doing them on worlds going forward but as was mentioned some boosts wouldn't work for some gamemodes. I don't think pumping up flyers would be a good idea for conquest worlds and so on.