Pre-World Naucratis Discussion Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
On November 20th EN112 Naucratis will be opened. This will be a Casual World which you can read up on here. Feel free to discuss the new world in this thread.

DeletedUser56079

This should be a no morale conquest!!!! No need for morale when your first city cannot be taken!

DeletedUser54192

@Baudin Toolan would it be possible to get an explanation of why a Casual World is being released onto a live market when the InnoGames beta market staff know that there is at least one major issue with the game mechanics.

The ±20% points range creates an imbalance in favour of larger players, where smaller players can actually be attacked by larger players that they can't attack in return. This issue was spotted by the GPC by just looking at the maths and the example on the Wiki page. Despite being told that maths didn't work that way, it was then proven in-game that this scenario can arise. The issue was initially pointed out on 06/11/18, proven on 12/11/18, and the following morning the Beta CM said that it was going to be brought to the developers because it needed to be tackled. Now, 3 days later, a Casual World is announced, and there has been no indication that the issue has been fixed, or that it has even started being fixed.

I like the concept of a Casual World. But I worry that implementing it on live markets before dealing with such a flaw will tarnish players' early experience of this world type.

DeletedUser55701

Why is there Morale, If Large Players cant attack smaller players?.

Please take the Morale away.

King Soos

Strategos
on en 109 the top player is 1.8 million and second is 1.3 million points
So say this was on a casual world that guy with 1.8 million points (more than 20% points + anyone) would not be able to attack anything?

DeletedUser54775

I did not the issue of endgame. Is this game going to go forever?

DeletedUser54192

I did not the issue of endgame. Is this game going to go forever?
It would seem so. There is a precedent for this: the Elysian Fields world type (represented on this market by en45 Hyperborea) also has no endgame. (Elysian Field worlds do not allow players to take each others' cities at all, indicating that the target audience was roughly similar to that of the new Casual World type.)

Given that these worlds are intended for players who are either newer or looking for a less intensive experience, it makes sense (at least from my perspective), that no endgame is included. The endgame is a particularly time-intensive period (at least for WWs). Also, it means that this world could, in theory, continue indefinitely, with players cycling in and out, which makes it ideal as a training world. And the size discrepancy between original and substantially-newer players wouldn't be an issue, as they can't fight each other.

DeletedUser54663

why is this being opened so soon if 111 is pretty much a dead zone? I see no point in doing this unless someone can actually explain a logical theory to me about this. also it seems like grep is dying at a fast speed apparently too.

DeletedUser54192

why is this being opened so soon if 111 is pretty much a dead zone? I see no point in doing this unless someone can actually explain a logical theory to me about this. also it seems like grep is dying at a fast speed apparently too.
The opening time shouldn't be as important for this particular world. It's a whole new world type, and probably appeals to a rather different group of people than those En111 does (being a different conquest mechanism, not having the new endgame, etc). Also, this world doesn't have to kick off fast, as it's more of a training world than a serious competition world.

DeletedUser54775

yuuuuuuuuuupiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii! good job for the developers and the company. Well done! Fantastic idea! among other things the settings will make the issue of spanning almost irrelevant. they will also gather the newer players. it will also provide training grounds for groups. Grounds for experimentation. This will also be perfect world for people like my friend

Kal the only thing is that we might never fight in this world given the usual difference in points at the end of worlds. do you think that you can catch up to me in this world?

How we can advertise to friends in mass about this world?
I honestly disabled my facebook account but I can reactivate.
do we have the equivalent of this on the spanish worlds?
i have an account there.
Well done developers. I have to give it to you. It also fits well with the idea of giving choice to the consumer.

Status
Not open for further replies.