Pre-World Omfori Discussion Thread

Reimu Hakurei

Chiliarch
What are you saying my brother?
Takes more time and effort to get all the resources required, waiting for 1hr trade times from all your cities etc etc...
When 3 of my ls nukes die on a speed 5 i can requeue them in one evening, on speed 2 i will need whole day to do it, with hero moving slower, trades coming slower, resources not being there etc...
Keep posting a funny spanish laughing guy without any actual arguments though, id love to have a normal discussion

Reimu Hakurei

Chiliarch
I mean, you are just not even reading the points, your entire argument is "faster = more effort more skill LOL noob" which is simply not true for many different aspects of the game.
I simply said that rebuilding lost troops is harder on speed 2 lol

Clas17

Hipparchus
I mean, you are just not even reading the points, your entire argument is "faster = more effort more skill LOL noob" which is simply not true for many different aspects of the game.
I simply said that rebuilding lost troops is harder on speed 2 lol
Yes rebuilding in speed 2 takes more time, thank you

CatPuncher10

Lochagos
Takes more time and effort to get all the resources required, waiting for 1hr trade times from all your cities etc etc...
When 3 of my ls nukes die on a speed 5 i can requeue them in one evening, on speed 2 i will need whole day to do it, with hero moving slower, trades coming slower, resources not being there etc...
Keep posting a funny spanish laughing guy without any actual arguments though, id love to have a normal discussion
I agree. Slower play is just as, if not more challenging that faster pace worlds.

Corvidaan

Phrourach
The thing I like about slower worlds is that if someone attacks me at 3am, I don’t have to get out of bed to answer my alarm until 7.

Last edited:

Sorin Markov

Phrourach
The thing I like about slower worlds is that if someone attacks me at 3am, I don’t have to get out of bed to answer my alarm until 7.
@CatPuncher10 THIS is why faster worlds take more skill. You have to be online way more and generally perform more actions. With a slower-speed world, sure it takes longer to build that LS nuke and that's harder, but on a faster-speed world, in the time it took that speed 2 player to build one LS nuke, you've built and used and lost 3. And using those well takes more skill than trading and queueing units. That's an objective fact.

With a slow world, you spend more time waiting around doing nothing. With a fast world, there's always something you should be doing. Doing something nearly always takes more skill than doing nothing.

Reimu Hakurei

Chiliarch
@CatPuncher10 THIS is why faster worlds take more skill. You have to be online way more and generally perform more actions. With a slower-speed world, sure it takes longer to build that LS nuke and that's harder, but on a faster-speed world, in the time it took that speed 2 player to build one LS nuke, you've built and used and lost 3. And using those well takes more skill than trading and queueing units. That's an objective fact.

With a slow world, you spend more time waiting around doing nothing. With a fast world, there's always something you should be doing. Doing something nearly always takes more skill than doing nothing.
You can always tryhard and do something instead of doing nothing and calling it a day (for example getting more resources, trading them on market, golding the ls nuke, rebuilding it again)
Market is almost always open on a speed 2 world at least in the first couple of months, and if its not then you just arent actively looking

CatPuncher10

Lochagos
to each their own. I prefer slower worlds, I think you must be more methodical in the decision making department. Because your choices could cost you multiple days to rebuild. THIS is why SLOWER WORLDS ARE HARDER.

qqqqqqqqqq

Hoplite
to each their own. I prefer slower worlds, I think you must be more methodical in the decision making department. Because your choices could cost you multiple days to rebuild. THIS is why SLOWER WORLDS ARE HARDER.
Agreed. Fast worlds are good for warming up. Slow worlds are where it really goes down

Corvidaan

Phrourach
can we get a new world chat without the usual fools who do not play and spam how great they once were.

PG remains the best player to ever touch the game, and his presence in world chat is a necessity to remind everyone of that.

Also has a team of new players won a speed 4/5 CQ world in the past 3 years?

Corvidaan

Phrourach
In high speed CQ, if you're caught off for 15 minutes there's a high probability of you losing a city.

You can always gold troops done in any world speed - that's really not a problem in the slightest if you're going solely off rebuild speed...

I feel like people miss the impact of the short TT. It’s not the initial attack that’s dangerous, it’s the follow up.

In a slow world, if that 1 hour long TT attack clips your stuff, then the follow up clear on your other cities or the CS is coming in at 1-2 hours. Plenty of time for either your alliance or yourself to react.

Whereas if the 7 minute horses that clipped your stuff are being followed up with a 20 minute CS from nearby or you’ve got 20-40 minutes before every indexed lightship city is dead… then suddenly that’s the real danger.

The choices of what to rebuild, etc that @CatPuncher10 mentions are indeed valid, for free to play players, who sadly do not impact worlds or define who wins nearly as much as the gold using players. Gold eliminates the opportunity cost decisions, and as a result is even more effective at slow speeds than high speeds.

That’s why I played high speeds, to make up for being completely free to play and having no gold.

totosa

Hipparchus
tbh i would have never expected that some players think slower worlds are more challenging then faster ones, what i find weird is that some ppl really think slower worlds are actually better because of playstyle more than because they can play without alarm and gold everything