Pre-World Omfori Discussion Thread

Clas17

Hipparchus
Slow worlds reward gold usage, people that dont time and inactivity.
Share of unalarmed players in slow worlds is not comparable to fast worlds.

Clas17

Hipparchus
I feel like people miss the impact of the short TT. It’s not the initial attack that’s dangerous, it’s the follow up.

In a slow world, if that 1 hour long TT attack clips your stuff, then the follow up clear on your other cities or the CS is coming in at 1-2 hours. Plenty of time for either your alliance or yourself to react.

Whereas if the 7 minute horses that clipped your stuff are being followed up with a 20 minute CS from nearby or you’ve got 20-40 minutes before every indexed lightship city is dead… then suddenly that’s the real danger.

The choices of what to rebuild, etc that @CatPuncher10 mentions are indeed valid, for free to play players, who sadly do not impact worlds or define who wins nearly as much as the gold using players. Gold eliminates the opportunity cost decisions, and as a result is even more effective at slow speeds than high speeds.

That’s why I played high speeds, to make up for being completely free to play and having no gold.
Gold doesnt win you worlds. It just helps mostly at start.

Corvidaan

Phrourach
Gold doesnt win you worlds. It just helps mostly at start.
I didn’t say it wins you worlds, I’m saying it makes you more impactful, and increasingly so on slower worlds.

And impact does win you worlds.

Someone golding sling nukes into sieges endlessly is going to have more impact than the backline f2p who sent their 3 myth nukes the day before.

bugeyes10

Phrourach
I feel like people miss the impact of the short TT. It’s not the initial attack that’s dangerous, it’s the follow up.

In a slow world, if that 1 hour long TT attack clips your stuff, then the follow up clear on your other cities or the CS is coming in at 1-2 hours. Plenty of time for either your alliance or yourself to react.

Whereas if the 7 minute horses that clipped your stuff are being followed up with a 20 minute CS from nearby or you’ve got 20-40 minutes before every indexed lightship city is dead… then suddenly that’s the real danger.

The choices of what to rebuild, etc that @CatPuncher10 mentions are indeed valid, for free to play players, who sadly do not impact worlds or define who wins nearly as much as the gold using players. Gold eliminates the opportunity cost decisions, and as a result is even more effective at slow speeds than high speeds.

That’s why I played high speeds, to make up for being completely free to play and having no gold.
or like when Penn hides his horses in my city and I get my nuke cleared too because I dodged the first one while driving and missed the second ping because it was only 5 minutes. Then again, that nuke was also only dead until I got home. Traded gold OP for sure. Need more f2p allies like Meme

TDOH

Lochagos
Any Discord server Pre alliances hook ups? Looking for Elite Alliance, I want that Crown on this world ;)

SkillzaL

Hoplite
I read so many valid arguments for fast vs slow CQ worlds. Awesome, seems like the community has grown up and there is finally no more trolling.

But sure slow speed worlds require way more skills than fast ones. Like who is dedicated enough to set up an alarm in 1 hour to dodge every time you get hced from next door. People actually have a life.

bugeyes10

Phrourach
Like who is dedicated enough to set up an alarm in 1 hour to dodge every time you get hced from next door. People actually have a life.
on the contrary, if I'm out being a real human instead of sitting on grepolis I'm more likely to miss the 4min hc instead of the 1h one since I'll just hard dodge the 1h one