Premade: The Hunting Party

DeletedUser

Hi forum goers.

I would like to seriously attempt a premade alliance. This is not going to be entering any world any time soon, probably well into the en80's. I just want to see who is interested

About Me

Skip if you like. I just tell you everything here about me as a player and what experience in leadership I have.

I'm matty, I live in Birmingham and have played Grepolis since the time world Dyme opened (en69). I have experimented with leadership on apollonia (en66), to take up some spare time; although because of how late I joined it did not really kick start, and nothing special is going on here.

I actively play in 3 worlds, en68 being my most successful so far, en66 being experimental leadership and en72 I joined recently to gain some more experience in starting a game offensively, also I chose 72 as a speed 1 so I do not have to dedicate as much time to it.

First thing which will be noted is that my BP:points ratio on 68 is appalling; this is because it was my first world back on grepo for a long time.

I used to play on en8 Theta, however I do not remember much from my play style here other than extremely defensive. I have grown to be a more balanced player, adapting to each and every situation. I am by no means a 'pro' at grepolis, nor do I claim to be a very good leader in the game. However, we all start somewhere. I have taken part in leadership on world 75 where I had to leave due to real life.

The Alliance, Requirements & Profile

The Hunting Party name is an idea I may have seen previously in grepolis, however it came to mind after I heard the name of american rock band Linkin Park's new album (to be released later this year in June). I think it sounds good, and brings about a workable theme.

I would like my alliance to have either experienced players or players who want to learn. I want a small cap world, as I do not believe large alliances work well often. So the size of my alliance will be 30 cap from the external forums, and we will pick up a few players in game who are worthy. No bigger than 40. I know my leadership abilities are not good enough to lead more than this.

I have no clear requirements, but this does not mean I will accept anyone. Players I know well will be accepted. I will look up everyone else who joins, to look at how many worlds they play, which alliances they were previously in, their BP:cities ratio etc. I will probably spend 10-15 minutes looking up every player and deciding whether to accept them. To apply, please post below.

I want a balanced alliance, maybe def 30/70 attacking. So balanced-attacking. I know for a fact that if you are in a decent alliance you do not need more than a third of your cities defensive, although it does depend on the situation of the world.

In 66 when I had a group of 10 active players recruited ingame (majority were new - I was only trying out leadership), I gave out daily updates to the alliance talking about some future plans, open roles for members to vote on and take up, inactives to be taken, upcoming ops, all of this. It gave me a good relationship with my members, and this is how I believe an alliance should be run. Most decisions made concerning the whole alliance were made democratically, although I did have the final decision on some cases which I cannot think of at the present time.

Alliance Profile (What we will look like in-game)

linkinparkthehuntingparty.jpg

----------------------------------

The Hunting Party. A small dedicated group of Grepo players, a mix of experience & new players who are willing to learn and play for the team. We will hunt you like the dogs you are! Our arrows are sharp and fast, silently taking out any opponent in sight.

Recruitment: Contact mattycoolBCFC. No alliance finder requests will be accepted. Must have more points than our current average, and must have a MINIMUM of half your points in BP. A bare MINIMUM. Note that this alone still may not be enough to be accepted.

Diplomacy: If you think we have a common enemy, then contact us. No more than 2-3 pacts at a time will be accepted.

Founded on XXX by mattycoolBCFC

Let me know what you think below, sorry for any spelling errors. Also let me know if you are interested, and I will list you. It is only for a rough idea of who may join, so more members will be listed than those who will join with us (if that makes sense, and if I actually get that many applications)...​

Possible List of Hunters

mattycoolBCFC
Eric The Viking
jonsey54
PatrickM234
Odezll
Allyarnis
Person67
makro 356

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser44027

Well, good luck with this. not sure what happened with VB, or if you even had any leadership there, but the time is ripe for another attempt. I'd join if i could, but ive got something else already lined up for the summer. :(

DeletedUser

That's fine dez, I appreciate your interest :)

On lapithos you mean when referring to VB? We merged with Fight Club to become Black Legion and that's where it went downhill. Our leaders didn't mix well, so 'my lot' (referring to vengeance/vindicta) joined Check Mate. I had no part in the leadership there :D but I learnt a lot about strategy, especially from the newspaper

EDIT: Would like to add that this alliance will probably join some time next year, or in the winter of this year, so if you still want to be on the shortlist then yanno, it probably won't be in the summer

DeletedUser

Getting some decent numbers in now

Another 6-10 people possibly signing up, so if you want a spot, it's sooner rather than later !

DeletedUser

I love Linkin Park also the image you posted i saw it another day on facebook lol and was thinking that its kinda cool and strong :)

DeletedUser

I love Linkin Park also the image you posted i saw it another day on facebook lol and was thinking that its kinda cool and strong :)

Yeah, it looks good:) stoked for the new album, guilty all the same sounds nice with the solo at the start!