Premium cost and the olympic games

DeletedUser

Wow the olympic games are very costly if a player really looks at it....

I did some simple math and came up with the following costs....

I do know it is optional and there are other things to do as an option to getting bonus points.....

Look at this

At my level in this game it requires 75 bonus points for ONE city and if a player has the olympic games going full time it becomes a HUGE cash cow for innogames......

12,000 gold costs me $85.00 dollars Canadian....

It takes 5 days for one game....

So if a player makes 75 games at 50 gold coins per game that adds up to alot of money per city....

26 cities X 3 = 78 bonus points and it requires 75 bonus points for one city...

That adds up to 3750 gold coins.....or approximately

$28.00 for only one city....

At that rate it would buy only 3 cities and that purchase would be completely spent......

What a huge cash grab......:p

DeletedUser1405

Then again you could try farming and attacking people to increase your victory parades and throw in the occasional Theatre.
Im sure you can build your cities for a lot cheaper (I do).
And yes i use premium.

DeletedUser

Olympic games are the biggest waste of times, I usually do city festival and victory parade.

DeletedUser

Olympic games are the biggest waste of times, I usually do city festival and victory parade.

Very true....When players get alot of cities it can add up to a small fortune when the games cost 50 gold for each and every event.....WAY TO COSTLY.....AT 10 GOLD PER EVENT it would make alot more money as more players would use this feature. But as it stands this feature is way too expensive.....For players with only a few cities it is reasonable but get 20++++ cities and a player can easyily spend a small fortune for a online browser game.....A quick calculation and a player in the course of a year can quite easily spend $1000.00 for the Olympic games.....that is crazy......:pro:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

maybe we could all pool the money together and have an actual olympic games :p

I think that it is good because If you need that one extra CP for a city then it can save you resources/time I realise its like 60hrs or something but if you plan ahead it's ok.

If this is going to be a fully fledged debate then it should be moved to Discussion and Debates.

DeletedUser

I concur Carf.

From one of my forums to the other, moved to Debates.

DeletedUser

Lulz mods be wrong.

The debate and discussion thread is for non-grepo topics as stated by fargobear, i believe grepolis related debates go in the acropolis.

Read the stickies before posting alpharius+carf ;)

DeletedUser

Lulz mods be wrong.

The debate and discussion thread is for non-grepo topics as stated by fargobear, i believe grepolis related debates go in the acropolis.

Read the stickies before posting alpharius+carf ;)

How dare Yoo!!! :supermad:

Read? Me? Pfft. :D

If you insist...

Moved to Acropolis.

DeletedUser

How dare Yoo!!! :supermad:

Read? Me? Pfft. :D

If you insist...

Moved to Acropolis.

hehe :p thank you, i can sleep at night now.

It warms my heart knowing i was right and mods werent :p (joke, im not a mod basher)

anyways, i agree with this.

DeletedUser

i personally dont ever use the olympic games they are to expensive, when i could just go out and slaughter some noobs 6000 point city thats filled with horsies for defense

DeletedUser1405

Thats the way to do it, look in the area round your villages and hit a nice village with plenty of BP waiting for you.

DeletedUser

Ok guys.......

Lets not kick our MODS to to hard......well maybes just a little bits.....lolol

Premium for the olympic games is way to expensive. At the lower stages and when a player has only a few cities then it is reasonable but in the later stages it becomes very very expensive......At my level it is very costly and every city conquested the expense climbs higher and higher......I can't imagine if I had 52 cities and having the olympics in every cities the cost would be enormous.....
Their has to be some compromise where a player can get more bang for ones buck, innogames profits and not to many players complain about buying a players way to the top.....:pro: