Discussion Premium

DeletedUser

What's best to get among the premium features? Also can you only get 5 additional building slots with the Commander? One more question can you purchase more resources rather than waiting on it?

DeletedUser22115

to get the 5 extra building slots you need administrator but if you have muliple cities you dont need administrator really. You cant purchase resources with gold but you can produce 30% more resources if you use Merchant. If your in beginners protection i wouldnt use Commander or Captain. I wouldn't use Priestess without an academy otherwise it is a waste of 100 gold

DeletedUser

I think a temple is more important than an academy when deciding whether or not to use the Priestess.

For most people the captain and the commander are the highest priority. 20% extra firepower is huge! The administrator comes next. Along with the extra 5 spaces in the building queue he provides many useful reports.

DeletedUser

I'm just beginning,so i wonder would merchant, Administrator and either the captain or commander would be next. Which do you think of captain or commander is better?

DeletedUser

Administrator is best, in my opinion. It helps you manage your city with less effort and allows you to do everything more efficiently.

There's no best though, it really depends on your playstyle and what you're going to get most out of.

DeletedUser13405

Just starting out I would say Merchant is best. You get the extra bump in resources and resources are everything at that stage of the game. Then, I would say Administrator just for the extra building slots. Most of Administrator's functions will not be used by someone just starting out. Once your initial city is pretty built up, you can drop Administrator for a while. Then, after you get 2nd/3rd cities, Captain becomes invaluable as you end up trading between the various cities to most efficiently allocate resources. Commander is a good one to activate when you are headed to war, but during general peacetime it is rather useless. After you get a few cities, you will want Administrator active again. Priestess is only good for building mythical nukes, in a real hot war where you are casting spells every time you login or when sending a Manticore/Harpy nuke on a siege break (20% fighting bonus for mythicals is very helpful).

DeletedUser

Most of Administrator's functions will not be used by someone just starting out. Once your initial city is pretty built up, you can drop Administrator for a while.

Disagree. Administrator allows your city to have virtually no downtime from the moment you start/conquer, if you're good at managing resources and/or farming, thus being a very efficient choice. If you want to pull ahead of the competition and are serious about your gameplay, Administrator is an absolute must - from your first 175 point city and beyond - and should always be active if you had to choose one Premium.

DeletedUser13405

Interesting. I had periods where I felt it was a waste...maybe when I had 5-15 cities, they were built and I was just attacking & re-stocking troops and ships. My world (Beta) is Speed 1, so if you were on a faster speed world, I could see it being more useful. I found Merchant does a TON from 1 city all the way to much larger account, even at 50-60 cities.

DeletedUser

When you conquer a new city the additional construction queue slots allows you to get that city into a worthwhile state much quicker. It also makes the restocking easier and quicker. Merchant does give a decent bonus to resources but even a bit of farming will easily compensate for lack of Merchant (if you only chose one).

DeletedUser13405

Yes, if you have the resources to fill all the extra slots you get. In a Speed 1 world, with 5-15 cities and even with Merchant and farming, I was unable to utilize the additional features of Administrator. It may be different on faster worlds.

DeletedUser

Speed shouldn't make a difference since everything with proportional (speed 1 buildings take twice as long as speed 2 buildings, etc), so that's probably down to your playstyle and/or activity. Beside the point though.

DeletedUser

World speed certainly makes a difference to which premium features are worth more to the player. The merchant and high priestess are more valuable to the speed one players than speed 3 (or higher) since their resources and favour do not grow as much in the time they are offline. Likewise the administrator is less valuable to slow world players. When buildings take two or three times as long to complete, the queue doesn't run dry while you sleep except in the first few days. The time saving features the administrator offers don't count for as much when you have plenty of time to look at these things city by city.

DeletedUser

Valid point but as you also said it depends on the player/playstyle (I'd still pick Administrator because it gives more flexibility, margin for error and as a resource dump when queues are full which would happen very similarly to faster worlds).

Abbacus

Phrourach
I personally thinkt he Administrator is the best pick but I am not used to the new 2.0 features in premium after my brief encounter with the attack planner did not work at all. Does anyone rwally know how to use it?

DeletedUser8969

here's how i rank them myself.

administrator. extra queue space so less babysitting.
captain. essential for people who farm, trade, or attack with ls.
commander. cuts down on land losses.
merchant. very useful in the first few weeks. useful later on as well to cut down on farm fatigue setting up festivals.
priestess. useful in that you get to do more cotos and pop growths per day. you can be lazier in how you arrange your resources for rebuilds as a result.

DeletedUser22650

without administrator and captain 2.0 is an absolute nightmare, the captain for the farming overview and the admin for the troop movement overview, if your fighting properly then trying to manage a bunch of inbounds with the dropdown thing is just stupid, anything other than simming withoutr these two activated is impossible nowadays

DeletedUser

I didn't care about captain until I had my 7th city. Now I'll either quit the game or keep paying for captain. I can't imagine playing without cappy now. I like the administrator, but found I just alternate a slow upgrade (such as resources) with a quicker one and I always have something being built. I enjoyed it at first, with 7 building upgrade options it helped me plan better.

I love the different ways you can play this game. Very customizable to each person.

DeletedUser

Admin is very important in this game, especially in early stages and also if ur a schooler it would help u a lot

DeletedUser

Am curious here no one has much mentioned the odd 20 gold to reduce building times. Something that would take 8 hours reducing it to like 2 hours for 40 gold. Though I tend to make big builds of that like over night whilst am sleeping. Guess my tactics may change on this front am enjoying this game very much at the moment and doing reasonably well at my first attempt. Ranked like 210 ish so guess my tactics not all bad and those above me had like a 3/4 day head start on me.

Anyway would appreciate the thoughts and comments on this tactic from those whom have played a great deal more than myself.

Sapphire

DeletedUser

Am curious here no one has much mentioned the odd 20 gold to reduce building times. Something that would take 8 hours reducing it to like 2 hours for 40 gold. Though I tend to make big builds of that like over night whilst am sleeping. Guess my tactics may change on this front am enjoying this game very much at the moment and doing reasonably well at my first attempt. Ranked like 210 ish so guess my tactics not all bad and those above me had like a 3/4 day head start on me.

Anyway would appreciate the thoughts and comments on this tactic from those whom have played a great deal more than myself.

Sapphire

It is very easy to get carried away and just start wasting gold by cutting building/recruitment times.

Your use of gold very much depends on playing style and world settings.

I play a lot of speed 1 worlds myself. I find the merchant to be more useful then anything. The extra boost in resources keeps me going. The administrator would help me more if i didnt have building queues 48 hours+. I can do almost everything manually in a speed 1 world that the administrator would help me with.

When i played Delphi (Speed 3) i found the administrator to be a must. Being a speed 1 player and trying to become a speed 3 player i just could not keep up with my city.