Problem with Iota

DeletedUser

I find this turtle debate quite boring. It seems people call other people turtles if they are unable to conquer the city. I believe you can never really say people are turtles, you simply can't have enough intel to publish such claims...

In every alliance you have people who play more on attack, others more on defense. Some even position themselves as defensive players for the alliance to compensate for people that invest only in attack troops. Roky in O66 was not really 'attack' oriented for example.

Eventually, it doesn't matter, it's the conquering that counts, and if you would find an alliance with so called 'turtle power' be happy, it probes you to organize/coordinate your attack even better to spread out the defenses.

Happy fight ;)

DeletedUser

I think the amount of trans that appear in some people's cities is evidence enough.

Anyway it's not about not being able to take a city. Since posting the thread I woke up and took 2 from bad co/TDC. UNT also ran a successful op on Manu Forti, Jen got her arms pumped up and took one from BBCue. We are taking cities now and we have joined the party again.

the I've killed 6 cs's in the last 2 days. 4 coming at my cities and 2 in harbours lol so lots of CP :) ty

DeletedUser

I think the amount of trans that appear in some people's cities is evidence enough.

In that case, I can only join the others saying that in the days I was playing, the people from evo cities I visited were on a massive diet of turtle eggs.

But again, I think the turtle language is restricted to mere banter, as usual...

DeletedUser

Actually I'm not really a very good turtle, just I'm a screaming noob on the forum when I get attacked and all the boys come out to save the Princess ;) lol

DeletedUser

I commend the honesty Lozza.

To be even MoRE honest... without these great alliance members that we each respectivly have then many more a city would be lost.

DeletedUser

To be even MoRE honest... without these great alliance members that we each respectivly have then many more a city would be lost.

True, I'm actually playing battlefield3 , there is a reason they have 4 profiles for squad members, some are assault, some are support, some are engineers and some recons ;) It seems, here it is about tigers and turtles

DeletedUser

Completely :) I wouldn't be anywhere without the awesome people I play with nor would I want to be :) I've been very lucky to play with some of the best here and been very lucky to have them at my side for sure...

DeletedUser

I am a mixed bag on this... I guess we will have to see how things play out.

Me too.
I voted yes, only to change the playing field a bit as it has become quite stale and I am interested to see how/if some of the "great" alliances/players can adapt to all the changes. We may see some new allies or enemies come of this? Who knows.

The only problem I see is everybody will be putting together wonder islands so far out of reach it will be stupid. This COULD mean the rise of the "defensive player" (there I didn't say turtle) because to win you don't have to kill anything, but instead control and defend islands that you flood with resources. The larger economy will win every time in this setup. How "fun". :( This hardly plays into your extremely aggressive playing style, so you, like others, may have to change around a bit.

ABP won't earn you very much of anything as sad as that is. I just hope that this doesn't play out that way.. if so then 2.0 will be worse than 1.26.. who wants to promote defensive playing as a way to win??

However, it will bring a few new strategies into play so it may end up better.. only time will tell..

DeletedUser

I'm for it in terms of we need something to change. I agree though about going defensive and I hate the thought of colonising! *I just threw up a little thinking about it*

DeletedUser16633

Anyway it's not about not being able to take a city. Since posting the thread I woke up and took 2 from bad co/TDC. UNT also ran a successful op on Manu Forti, Jen got her arms pumped up and took one from BBCue. We are taking cities now and we have joined the party again.

SL 3 - UNT 3 , lmao :p

UNT 23 mill / 35 pl
SL 3 mill / 7 pl

no coments :cool:

DeletedUser

manu i love ya but don't come here pretending you've done it alone. we both know you'd have lost way more cities without bad co/tdc nvm they are joint attacking :p

Wanna comment on numbers.

Number of players:

TDC - 57
bad co - 37
The circle - 21
Age Quod Agis - 30
Gaelracht Rage - 42
SL - 7
Ex cathdra - 42

Total: 236

UNT: 33

Now that is why I have winge on the forum about it.. over 200 more players in the bad co family :p

DeletedUser

Me too.
I voted yes, only to change the playing field a bit as it has become quite stale and I am interested to see how/if some of the "great" alliances/players can adapt to all the changes. We may see some new allies or enemies come of this? Who knows.

The only problem I see is everybody will be putting together wonder islands so far out of reach it will be stupid. This COULD mean the rise of the "defensive player" (there I didn't say turtle) because to win you don't have to kill anything, but instead control and defend islands that you flood with resources. The larger economy will win every time in this setup. How "fun". :( This hardly plays into your extremely aggressive playing style, so you, like others, may have to change around a bit.

ABP won't earn you very much of anything as sad as that is. I just hope that this doesn't play out that way.. if so then 2.0 will be worse than 1.26.. who wants to promote defensive playing as a way to win??

However, it will bring a few new strategies into play so it may end up better.. only time will tell..

Well too bad for the people who said you needed the core of a world, outskirts are much easier for wonder islands :rolleyes:

DeletedUser

Well too bad for the people who said you needed the core of a world, outskirts are much easier for wonder islands :rolleyes:

Yeah that's the theme and problem with wonder islands.
Easier for slackers and rim riders.

What about people like Enas, Onoquoy, Jennesis, etc that can smash your face in? They work hard. What do they get? To make trips out on to rim because that's where all the defense (and in turn ABP) went?

:pro: <-- stupid for that.