Proof that Pandora's Box is a Lie

• Thread starter DeletedUser31931
  • Start date

DeletedUser55901

Ya might as well play the event while you're active. Even if rewards aren't great it's not like it actually takes a lot of effort to click a few boxes and move on with your life.

Gotta second what Tusc said. I think the rewards were pretty good. Someone who couldn't or wouldn't devote time and money into the event isn't going to get blown out of the water by someone who did and now has unlimited flier nukes. I can't fill my inventory with 2xBP tokens before the event ends and dominate the BP rankings because I had a little more cash to spend than the next guy.
Yes, Im sure you could dominate the BP rankings. PFF!

OutOfCharacters

Phrourach
Just to add my two cents- I hate events and try my best not to play them. So...as someone who decided to pick up the early boxes late in the game (and was a math major so I love playing with stats)...I believe there’s an added difficulty factor based on elapsed time from the start of the event that isn’t openly shared.

For example, on one server in the early days I got the percentages you’d expect with the right troops mixes.

On another server where I didn’t do much until a few weeks in, when everyone else was on boxes 20+, I was losing WAY too much for where I was at in the process. I should’ve been winning 70-80 percent of the time and was losing 70 percent of the time. There’s no reasonable explanation for this unless it’s buried in the code.

I’d bet my house that the programming is designed to make it more difficult as time passes, regardless of the stated percentages. So week three of the event it will be annoying to close box 8 or 10 just because it’s week three and not week one.

I was only interested in this from a mathematical/programming perspective, as I absolutely HATE events. But I thought it was interesting to share with those who care.

Do I have 1000 exposures? No. Because it was stupid to keep going.

Last edited: