Passed Proposed Change To The Farming System

Would you like to see this idea implemented?

• Yes

Votes: 169 96.0%
  • No

Votes: 7 4.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Proposal:
Change the farming system so that farming at later stages of the game doesn't become a chore.

Reason:
If a player has 30 Cities and he wants to strengthen the farms in an effort to loot them, here is what he is up against
To get a farm from 50% strength, to 100% strength, takes 4 lots of strengthening troops
It takes 14 actions to acomplish each strengthening

Click on farm
Click on attack

Input troop count
Click on Increase Strength
Click on attack

Repeat the above 3 actions 4 more times
That adds up to 14 actions per farm

Do this for 8 farms and you have now performed 112 actions

If you have 30 Cities that's 3360 actions
Thats without looting, as that takes 5 actions per farm x 8 farms x 30 Cities which = another 1200 actions

Details:

I propose that you be allowed to send 85 Horsemen in one go to increase the strength to 100%, as that would save 2160 unnecessary actions

I cannot see any reason to have to send 4 lots of troops, to get a farm from 50% strength to 100% strength
In my opinion, it's a frustrating and unnecessary chore that detracts from enjoying the game

Summary:
Farming takes up far too much time and detracts from the enjoyment of this game. Most players stop farming for those exact reasons. This idea simplifies the process and allows players to continue farming at later stages of their development in this game.

Finally I would like to have a Poll included to allow players to Vote on this proposed change at some stage

As one member said:
The current farming system is not really promoting my desire to be playing the game.

/discuss

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Just a note. I'm putting this idea on a fast track. I don't think there's much to discuss here, so if nothing constructive comes from anyone, then it'll be put to an immediate vote very soon.

DeletedUser

i stoped farming farming vills long ago cuz the time thingy..
so i am all up for this idea :) then i mighty farm a bit again :)

DeletedUser

Cliff notes: Remove the 15% cap for strengthening a farming village.

I would love this as I play from work in 5 minute intervals every few hours.

DeletedUser

:pro: I agree that at some point in a players progression the farming method should change to promote continued farming.(SW)

DeletedUser

I think this is a novel idea whether you have 5 cities or 100. An alternative is allowing me to higher cheap labor to farm for me.

DeletedUser3891

Totally agree, spend far to much time spamming small strengthening runs on towns that after a few I just get bored and log out or go and watch tv, not really promoting my desire to be playing the game.

DeletedUser

i agree as ell, due to the cumbersome process, i haven't farmed for ages :( i only farm players i converted to farms now, because like iceman said, it takes too many actions

DeletedUser

I definitely agree with this. Talk about a pain in the hoohaa having to sent multiple sorties to increase farm strength. I have nearly given up with farming on Gamma because of this.

DeletedUser

Total agreement. Something needs to be done. Farming was a pain with one city, its near impossible with 10, what is it going to be like with 100?

DeletedUser7436

I would propose maybe something slightly different.

Change so instead of "Attack" as the only option, add an "Attack to farm" option. This option takes your attacking force, smallest to largest ( or largest to smallest ) based on population per and applies it automatically as a strengthening if the strength is < 100%. Once it hits 100%, it uses any additional troops as resource mules.

Essentially:
  • if the farm village is < 100% and you have less than the required troops to maximize it, its like a regular strengthening. No resources looted.
  • if the farm village is < 100% and you have more than enough to maximize the strenght, any additional troops are used in attack as resource mules up to the max loot capacity
  • if the farm village is =>100%, all troops are used as resource mules up to the max loot capacity

DeletedUser

I think we should be able to raise the strength with one attack. I think the proposal of 200+ steps to pull in 6k of resources from each farm is a waste. 6k of resources is not worth all that hassle and that proposal should not be implemented.

DeletedUser

Agreed. Remove the cap and increase the strength percentage/75 pop. Instead of 15%/75 pop, it would be better to adjust the system to 1%/1 pop.

Farming is too tedious, taking a 5 minute experience and stretching it out to a half-hour ordeal.

Status
Not open for further replies.