Proposal proposed new research options (culture production)

DeletedUser39200

Proposal:
add 2 new researchers for the Academy. thay will both affect culture generation.

Details:
the first research is one that would give you the chance to double all CP that are generated in that city. the chance that it would happen is 50%
this research would require an academy level 13 and would cost you 10 research points.

and the second would make the CP generation unstable. it would make it so that for each culture event in that city it would give you between 0 and 4 culter points. it would be random.

this research would require an academy level 33 and would cost you 10 research points.

when both are researched it would no longer double the CP. but instead, it would stabilize the cp production a bit. you would get between 1 and 3 cp per CP event.

Orpheus effect will stay the same

with the 2 types of research and Orpheus you would have the chance to get a maximum of 6 CP
and with the unstable CP production research and Orpheus, you would have the chance of getting a maxumum of 8 CP per event. but you would run the risk of not getting any CP. as the unstable CP research could have chosen to give you zero CP.

Reason:
its takes a long time to get new city slots this will make it easier to get new city's slots. it will also add new interest to the game. it will also increase the usefulness of the hero Orpheus

Abuse: don't think ther is much chance of abuse of the two new research options.

DeletedUser54192

I have a few issues with this:
- Orpheus: while Orpheus may be useful to combine with these technologies, you are removing the "unique" nature of his bonus. That first research is basically an Orpheus that can't be hurt, higher doubling chance (when Orpheus is at lower levels), can be present in every city (losing the balance built into Orpheus). While putting Orpheus with one or both of these technologies can be powerful, if these technologies for getting more CP existed, I would end up spending my wisdom coins on other heroes earlier in the game, when hero slots are precious.
- Encourages simming: most people fight in order to grow. They have to fight to get the BP for processions, which are an efficient way of generating culture points. If they want to grow, they usually have to get out there and fight. By giving them more opportunities to get more than 1 CP from a procession, it means that they won't have to fight as much in order to grow.
- Research points can already be limited in some city build types. Adding more researches while keeping the same cap for research points would be annoying, especially for those who prefer a slightly more rounded academy.
- With just the second research, you are looking at an average of 2.5 CP per culture generation event (assuming even distribution between 0 and 4). On a world with a mid-high unit speed, you can get quite a bit of res if you get the resource camps to a high enough level. Now imagine that players are running a city festival every two days in, say, 10 cities. (Assuming that others are rebuilding troops/ships). That player will be getting an average of 12.5 CP each day, before victory processions. And this is a pretty serious underestimate: with max res camps on a world with unit speed 4, you can probably afford a city festival each day (I think). And most decent-sized players on that sort of world can do it in much more than 10 cities, so long as they aren't having to rebuild a tonne of units. Having considered that, I would say that these researches could be abused pretty easily for quick growth.

DeletedUser31385

I don't really like this idea. Makes Orpheus worthless and causes issues with the balance of the game.

DeletedUser39200

yea i am working on fixing a few of those issues. and rebalancing it.