Purification is a fickle creature

DeletedUser21774

Purification was originally to clear your city of negative influences.

Now it says it clears your city of 'mythical' influences. Apparently passionate population is mythical but not 'city protection'? This hardly seems fair. If I and my mates have purification favor til the cows come home we should be able to have favor battles. Can council discuss?

This turns Purification into a purely attack mechanism against cities it seems.

DeletedUser31852

I think its just that city protection has a special status and can't be purified no? Can anything else not be purified?

I was quite happy when I found out it can't be purified... would make protection useless. But indeed it deosn't make sense that coto or popgrowth or neireids etc could be purified if they can be

Rachel.L

Phrourach
According to Fig's guide, Purification removes all spells from attacks and cities EXCEPT City Protection. Kal gave a nice explanation in this other thread:

City Protection and Purification is actually a pretty simple issue. Both of the spell's concepts hold true even when you try to cast Purification on City Protection. Look at it this way:
- When you cast the spell, it's effect is applied to the target. You have to cast the spell for the effect to be applied.
- City Protection prevents you from casting a spell on a city. It doesn't let you cast the spell and just null the effect, it prevents you from casting the spell.
- No matter what it does, Purification is still a spell.
- City Protection prevents you from casting spells on a city, therefore it prevents you from casting Purification on a city.
- If you can't cast Purification on the city, then you cannot get the cleansing effect on the city.

If City Protection let you cast the spell but nulled the effect (i.e. you spent the favour on the spell, but it did nothing to the city), then I would argue that the current description of Purification doesn't make sense. But as Purification does what it says it does whenever you cast the spell, I'd say it is accurate.

https://en.forum.grepolis.com/index...ction-needs-a-name-change.59373/#post-1019915

Hope this is helpful

DeletedUser21774

When the city OWNER casts city protection it makes sense that it cannot be nulled. But it has been largely weaponized, which means it is an evil nuke. It should be able to be purified by the owner at least.

DeletedUser54339

When the city OWNER casts city protection it makes sense that it cannot be nulled. But it has been largely weaponized, which means it is an evil nuke. It should be able to be purified by the owner at least.
Nope.
I like that some of the spells in the game have unintended consequences, it makes things more interesting.