Script Quack Toolsammlung - Support

DeletedUser

After talking to Tonda he suggested that it could have something to do with the date in your computer being off by one week. Please check if this is the case, because the script uses this information to be able to calculate the time difference between last activity and now.
For a future update I will implement some changes so I can use the server time. This should prevent any behavior with dates being off.

DeletedUser

Changes:
  • Translations: Improvement of GR (by adipas.ioannis)
  • Translations: Improvement of PL (by danon2)
  • Stats & Scripts list (Bugfix): Display error fixed
  • Grepolismenu: The button to open the townview opens only the new townview now (due to a recent update of Grepolis)
  • Hotkeys: The hotkey to open the townview opens the new townview now (due to a recent update of Grepolis)
  • Quests: The script now permanently saves if the quest arrow should be displayed or not (it is possible to change this in the script manager, too)
  • Alliance forum: The buttons to delete multiple posts are now displayed independently from any authorizations a player might have
  • Alliance forum: The buttons to delete multiple posts are now displayed only if it is possible to delete a post on a page
  • Farming villages ov.: Cities can be switched with the up/down arrow keys
  • Farming villages ov.: Overhaul of the design of the citylist
  • Farming villages ov.: Show/hide cities of an island with a click on one of the brown island headers
  • Farming villages ov.: Farmed islands get a symbolic representation
  • Farming villages ov.: After farming all cities of an island are getting hidden automatically (possible to disable in the scriptmanager and in window)
  • Donations: Thank you Kevin T. for your donation of 5 Euro and thank you Thomas R. for your 10 Euro!
uaewpejy74.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Changes:
  • Translations: Improvement of GR (by adipas.ioannis)
  • Translations: Improvement of RU (by Jestex)
  • Hotkeys: The hotkeys can be deactivated in the script manager
  • City view: The city view is again displayed in a window (it is possible to deactivate this in the script manager)
  • Grepolismenu (Bugfix): The graphics for the town view button didn’t change under certain circumstances
  • Donations: Thank you Claines C. C. for your donation of 3 Euro
ahjvppxz40.jpg

DeletedUser36146

Downloaded v2.4 seems ok so far but the active/inactive display no longer works
at least not on the latest version of firefox

DeletedUser

Seems that the townsearch of Tonda (from where the script gets the required data) is not available right now. Don't know why - I'll ask the author

DeletedUser

The townsearch and therefore the inactivity display should work again as expected.
smiley_emoticons_winken4.gif

Richard

Strategos
Please note this script is no longer approved, and thus, use of it is now illegal. I will update the list.

DeletedUser21784

yes I also hope this is only a bad joke, but I've never seen Richard making any jokes, so I'm in doubt ...

Wouldn't it be sufficient only to turn off the function(s) that might violate a grepo rule? Why classify the whole toolset for illegal?

DeletedUser

I think he didn't informed Quack about it... :S

It is allowed in all other markets.. so which grepo rule is it? ... I don't know...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser46395

I don't personally use ANY scripts, but it's a bit worrying that this sort of decision is made without any explanation, and VERY worrying that this particular one is still shown as legal in both the approved scripts thread and the Wiki (which also shows one more as OK that I'm sure has been banned). And in fact that's WHY I don't use any scripts - I don't want to be banned for using something that Inno says is OK in one place (or even two places!), and says is banned in another. I don't believe that's an acceptable situation to put your customers in, to be honest.

DeletedUser

Well...does someone care to elaborate why the script is illegal now or should we start guessing?

DeletedUser23986

This is a dumb move. I am personally not using the script, but this is unacceptable. Declaring a script illegal without talking to the OP, not removing the links, not updating the allowed script lists...

And worse of it, not mentioning any reasons for it. Maybe its time for INNO to lay clear cut guidelines for script developers. Remember,They are players too.(didn't you ask us to respect mods on same grounds?)

Also why are there subforums like this one:

http://forum.en.grepolis.com/forumdisplay.php?36-Grepoworld

to a site no longer working? And it seems like an external one, so why are you advertising a useless site? while banning working ones...

DeletedUser

I think without a warning it is only disrespectful towards Quack, who tried to improve this game for your customers...

DeletedUser

So basically I know now what's going on:
My script accidentally triggers a bug which was introduced a couple of Grepolis updates ago. To be clear: It's a Grepolis Bug - when I first implemented the corresponding feature (2 years ago) it all worked fine!

Doesn't matter anyways... I will update the script now and everything should be fine then. The changes will take me approximately 2 seconds - so thank you Richard!

Btw: The EN Market is the only one where the script got banned.

DeletedUser35069

not removing the links, not updating the allowed script list

Also why are there subforums like this one:

http://forum.en.grepolis.com/forumdisplay.php?36-Grepoworld

to a site no longer working? And it seems like an external one, so why are you advertising a useless site? while banning working ones...

It's like this all over the forum, Nothing has been tidied up or moved for months. Closed servers used to get the forums moved down and as servers got quieter the forums got condensed down into sub groups so only the newer servers had main focus. Anybody on a older server knew where to look for the forum. Now we have a longer front page.

It is pretty unbelievable to just ban a script and leave all details everywhere so everyone could still download it. First post in the thread says it's approved then just a post 4 pages back saying it's not. No one's ever going to read 4 pages back to find out its not allowed.