Queen Peace

punchy

Taxiarch
Queen Elizabeth II was a global icon. She gave 70 years of her life to serving the people of the UK and the Commonwealth and she is respected around the world. Peacetime allows those who wish to pay their respects to her without distraction. I would hope that even if this is not you, in these circumstances you would understand our reasoning.
ok but they can go vmode if they want peace

Shock

Chiliarch
VM does the same thing you are trying to accomplish, except that the people that actually want to mourn on the day of her funeral can.

I don't care about some old hag thousands of miles away, and now I can't CQ for 2 days smh

Decent thought, poor execution, I'll give this decision a 2/10.

Xuegou

Phrourach
Gilbert Gottfried died on April 12th, 2022. Now correct me if I'm wrong but this man was a global star for his voice acting in popular movie hits such as Aladdin, the popular children's movie released in 1992. The movie grossed over $504 million dollars worldwide and I'm sure many will attest they grew up with said voice, and may I even say icon? And yet, there was no peace time for what was a difficult time for I'm sure MANY suffered. Is Grepolis going to pick and choose who is important enough for peacetime? what about when Russia was bombing Ukrainians? No peace time on the fact that potentially some players may be from Ukraine playing on en? and also, Queen Elizabeth may have ruled England for 63 years, but tell me who here voted for her to be their queen? not the average grepolis player. #notmyqueen

Hydna, please name what did Queen do, to make living on this earth better, healthier for us ? What did she do to improve our civilization ?

With that beeing said, me and @Heres20BucksKillMe propose that every year, we have peacetime on 20th of April to celebrate beloved leader H who passed away quite a few years ago. Afterall, his impact was quite bigger then QE2.

MartinusV

Hipparchus
How about you listen to the community. Nobody cares about your opinion. Just like the Queen, give these mods a bit of power and they think they can control everything.

Reimu Hakurei

Chiliarch
Hydna, please name what did Queen do, to make living on this earth better, healthier for us ? What did she do to improve our civilization ?

With that beeing said, me and @Heres20BucksKillMe propose that every year, we have peacetime on 20th of April to celebrate beloved leader H who passed away quite a few years ago. Afterall, his impact was quite bigger then QE2.
edgy and goofy

**** the Queen and the Monarchy!

Yours sincerely,
Oppressed peoples of the world

PS. I had to re-register for my forum account. Who deleted my account? I had it since like 2011 or something.

Jimothy5

Chiliarch
If annexing territories around the globe and ruling colonies with exploitative behavior is admirable behavior, then yes, you might look up to the queen. Then again, there’s plenty of other exploitative imperialistic heads of state around the world so you can join a new team
Queen Elizabeth II was a global icon. She gave 70 years of her life to serving the people of the UK and the Commonwealth and she is respected around the world. Peacetime allows those who wish to pay their respects to her without distraction. I would hope that even if this is not you, in these circumstances you would understand our reasoning.

xFate

Strategos
If annexing territories around the globe and ruling colonies with exploitative behavior is admirable behavior, then yes, you might look up to the queen. Then again, there’s plenty of other exploitative imperialistic heads of state around the world so you can join a new team
Completely disregarding the dumb *** peacetime, what territories did Lizzy annex exactly lol?

we aint living in British Empire days

Back2Basics

Chiliarch
No one understands your reasoning because it's absolutely thoughtless, how many players do you realistically think will completely step away from their real life obligations to go pay respect to the ***** who fought as hard as she could to keep Africa under colonial rule?

Surely, if she was that important to someone they can just hit VM for the 24 hours and not completely derail the world for 99% of players who don't give the slightest **** about the queen.

Corvidaan

Phrourach
The queue to enter the queen’s coffin whilst laying in state is currently about 9 hours.

I’m glad that there’s peacetime, as I only want to go around the ride about 4 or 5 times, and the entry into VM would make that 36/45 hour process incredibly stressful and strenuous on my heart.

herdivineshadow

Phrourach
Got to admit, this is the weirdest "we're closed on Monday" notice I've gotten this week and I've had a lot of emails about my local supermarkets, pharmacies and zoos being closed. The one place near me that isn't entirely closed is my local cinema and that's only because they're showing the funeral, but you can't buy any of the normal cinema food and drinks.