Question about anti-timer delay

DeletedUser41460

I have read many posts about anti-timer delay. They usually say that the delay is +/- 15 seconds. Usually this should mean that the actual attack may occur up to 15 seconds before or after the claimed arrival time. But if this is the case, then when for example, when timer your support for conquest, shouldn't it be that you have to be sure that the claimed arrival time of your clearing troops has to be 30 seconds earlier than the claimed arrival time of the CS? Only then can you be sure that you will not attack the CS, since the CS may arrive 15 seconds earlier and your troops arrive 15 seconds late.

Or is it that the anti-timer delay is always an actual "delay", that means the actual time will always be later than the claimed time.

DeletedUser

The anti-timer is +/- 10 seconds on all recent servers. As far as your subsequent query, if you want to make certain your support lands after a CS, then it needs launched so as to land 11 seconds after the CS. Then it would never land before the CS. Naturally people have different methods they use to get closer timings but if you only have one chance then 11 seconds is the guarantee.

DeletedUser2795

I have read many posts about anti-timer delay. They usually say that the delay is +/- 15 seconds. Usually this should mean that the actual attack may occur up to 15 seconds before or after the claimed arrival time. But if this is the case, then when for example, when timer your support for conquest, shouldn't it be that you have to be sure that the claimed arrival time of your clearing troops has to be 30 seconds earlier than the claimed arrival time of the CS? Only then can you be sure that you will not attack the CS, since the CS may arrive 15 seconds earlier and your troops arrive 15 seconds late.

Or is it that the anti-timer delay is always an actual "delay", that means the actual time will always be later than the claimed time.

No, it is not necessarily a delay.

DeletedUser41460

Is it that the +/- 15 seconds means that the actual arrival time may be up to 7.5 (instead of 15) seconds before or after the claimed arrival time?

When I read +/- 15, I understood it as it can be either early or late by up to 15 seconds. But this means if the CS arrives say 10 seconds early, and the clearing attack arrives 10 seconds late, a mere 15 seconds separating the 2 attacks will not guarantee the clearing attack doesn't arrive after the CS.

No, it is not necessarily a delay.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2795

Is it that the +/- 15 seconds means that the actual arrival time may be up to 7.5 (instead of 15) seconds before or after the claimed arrival time?

When I read +/- 15, I understood it as it can be either early or late by up to 15 seconds. But this means if the CS arrives say 10 seconds early, and the clearing attack arrives 10 seconds late, a mere 15 seconds separating the 2 attacks will not guarantee the clearing attack doesn't arrive after the CS.

I am not entirely sure which of the two it is. I am not even sure that 15 seconds is the correct number. If you have a reliable source which says +/- 15, then the only reasonable interpretation is that it can be either smaller or larger by 15 seconds.

Update: I just tried running a few attacks (and then later cancelling them) on Paros (in case unit speed is important), and I managed to get something that was off by nine (9) seconds. I did not try that many times, so it can probably be off by more.

DeletedUser41460

By the way, how to precisely determine the actual time of arrival? Currently I wait for the report to pop out. But there may be internet delay which make it imprecise.

DeletedUser

Why do you both keep referencing +/- 15 seconds when I've already explained it is +/- 10 seconds?

DeletedUser2795

By the way, how to precisely determine the actual time of arrival? Currently I wait for the report to pop out. But there may be internet delay which make it imprecise.

If you open the window with the attack information (you know, the place you would go to cast a spell on the attack), you can see the exact time of arrival:

Screenshot from 2013-06-16 20:25:06.png

DeletedUser41460

That's the actual time of arrival? I thought it is the claimed time of arrival based on which there will be a delay.

If you open the window with the attack information (you know, the place you would go to cast a
spell on the attack), you can see the exact time of arrival:

View attachment 8804

DeletedUser

Yes that is the actual time of arrival. The anti-timer only gets applied at the time when you launch the attack/support. You'll notice the arrival time has a "~" in front of it to indicate an approximation. Once you have clicked on the attack button open the attack to get the exact time.

DeletedUser37948

is there a simple difinitive answer to same second landings as well?

DeletedUser

the attack sent first lands first

NOT always true - but almost always true.

as far as i know, if waves land on the same second they land according to the attack ID assigned to them by the system. you can inspect the code for the attack and find the attack/command ID if you want to, but it's basically just about always going to be whichever is sent first lands first.

DeletedUser

Why do you both keep referencing +/- 15 seconds when I've already explained it is +/- 10 seconds?
yeah, they got me too. it's +/- 10 seconds as u said(confirmed from Rechard). But I think both of them likes the number 15 rather than 10!

DeletedUser39847

yeah, they got me too. it's +/- 10 seconds as u said(confirmed from Rechard). But I think both of them likes the number 15 rather than 10!

Because of server communication from different internet providers and computer lag it can actually delay up to 30 seconds altogether and sometimes more but that's out of game issues combined....refresh the page and kill all aps/processes you don't need before attacking/supporting