Question from a dutch player :)

WingedHussar

Hoplite
Hey Guys,

I played Grepolis on the NL server since Alpha (2009) with a break every now and then, and every time I come back it surprises me how much the player count has gone done from the last time I played, so I started looking for other servers to play. Nowadays on the NL server there is basically 1 pre-made alliance that dominates and everyone knows who is going to win the world after week 1. I saw the EN server had like 3x the amount of players, is it any fun here, or very similar to the NL server?

diomedes666

Hekatontarch
The game is dead, a dwindling pool of players holding it alive for now.

Soon the pool will no longer be competitive, just like NL servers (and the us servers) etc etc.

Not sure if the 'Total Wipeout' nature of the game works with the time investment you need to play.

I cannot imagine as the pool shrinks how pointless this becomes for new players.

Spend a week building and get wiped out in 12 hrs, even worse if you put money into it.

Would you comeback or go elsewhere?

How good would one end game super server be???

Maddox8

Hoplite
The game is not dead. You think the people of Hamburg are reading all your messages of mourning.
They are interested in what is left and invest money and money.

WingedHussar

Hoplite
The game is dead, a dwindling pool of players holding it alive for now.

Soon the pool will no longer be competitive, just like NL servers (and the us servers) etc etc.

Not sure if the 'Total Wipeout' nature of the game works with the time investment you need to play.

I cannot imagine as the pool shrinks how pointless this becomes for new players.

Spend a week building and get wiped out in 12 hrs, even worse if you put money into it.

Would you comeback or go elsewhere?

How good would one end game super server be???

If a game is hard it always attracts less people, there is indeed no fun in building for weeks only to get wiped out in a couple of minutes. The time it takes to conquer might be 12h but if you play the old colonize system (I believe its called conquest here) it can be over for newer players in minutes or even seconds. Also a very shitty development on NL servers is people bullying each other a lot during the night with very small attacks just to wake people up (we have a special word for it, not sure if there is a word for it on EN). This was one of the reasons why I quit the last world I played.

one super server would be an awesome thing to at least try out, and I think it would make a lot of Dutch players return to the game.

The game might be dying but I think there is still time to revive it.

MainKiller07

Hekatontarch
If a game is hard it always attracts less people, there is indeed no fun in building for weeks only to get wiped out in a couple of minutes. The time it takes to conquer might be 12h but if you play the old colonize system (I believe its called conquest here) it can be over for newer players in minutes or even seconds. Also a very shitty development on NL servers is people bullying each other a lot during the night with very small attacks just to wake people up (we have a special word for it, not sure if there is a word for it on EN). This was one of the reasons why I quit the last world I played.

one super server would be an awesome thing to at least try out, and I think it would make a lot of Dutch players return to the game.

The game might be dying but I think there is still time to revive it.

The game has no pulse atm. Were simply playing the remains of a dead game...they might be able to bring it back...can't always revive the dead though.

WorldStarNL

Lochagos
Realy sucks. Also coming from Dutch servers since a couple years back, I've always said this game doesnt need seperate servers for every country. Simply a stupid concept considering the game lacks players. Just general US, EU and Asian servers is more than enough for this game. INNO doesnt seem to care tho.

diomedes666

Hekatontarch
Realy sucks. Also coming from Dutch servers since a couple years back, I've always said this game doesnt need seperate servers for every country. Simply a stupid concept considering the game lacks players. Just general US, EU and Asian servers is more than enough for this game. INNO doesnt seem to care tho.
The separate servers for different countries exist now due to the former popularity of the game. I gave up playing on EN servers for about 3 years as they were just way to busy, by which i mean full to capacity in a couple of weeks. I joined the US servers as they were quieter.

The US servers then faded and failed to occupy more than a few oceans.

EN servers are about 6 months away from being in the same boat at the US, will not go further than the core oceans.

I am not sure if you can, or will want to save this sinking ship from a developers point of view. It makes money until it fails, then they move on.

The only thing i hope for is they mail all old players and post a gran tournament for a final server.

No separate servers, just a world war to see the game of in epic form....

mats25

Phrourach
grepolis is somebodys job ...if all works,things going great,,,with eating hunger grows and more like to get better like to look...so the main thing, the tiny name here who holds his bread to the table has forgotten...

WingedHussar

Hoplite
grepolis is somebodys job ...if all works,things going great,,,with eating hunger grows and more like to get better like to look...so the main thing, the tiny name here who holds his bread to the table has forgotten...

I want what you are having

VIRTUALSELF

Phrourach
Well, lets hope somehow smell the money they can still earn with Grepolis and start advertising again (ads that are not cringe af)
Cringe ads work, all inno has to do is team up with some random historian Youtuber or smth like that , hellenistic nerds, roleplay etc, making them sponsor grepolis in their videoes. It's not like grep needs 1 million users, we just need 5000 players to join lol

WingedHussar

Hoplite
Cringe ads work, all inno has to do is team up with some random historian Youtuber or smth like that , hellenistic nerds, roleplay etc, making them sponsor grepolis in their videoes. It's not like grep needs 1 million users, we just need 5000 players to join lol

Well the ads that were on TV in the Netherlands made grepolis look like a 'kids only' game, which made older players stay away because they thought the ad was cringe and the younger players never really stayed...

All depends on what audience you want to attract ;)

I do think teaming up with a youtuber to help advertise will really help.
Sabaton (band) already has partnerships with World of Warships and World of Tanks, they sing about historical events, that would be cool as well (but i might be a bit biased :) )

jack9r9

Hipparchus
They should really merge all servers and leave only En Server as global Server
I don't see why not, language barrier would suck but there's nothing else left to do... may as well consolidate the player base we have left.