Question regarding lightning bolt

DeletedUser41460

I play in world sestos where I made some strong enemies. Now their entire alliance (actually they are four alliances) is engaging in the valiant effort of sitting home and bombarding me with lightning bolts. At first I thought it's just annoying and a waste of favor. But then these lightning bolts start to hit important buildings with surprisingly high frequency. My level 40 farm had been hit multiple times in the past days. It's starting to really hurt.

I'm just wondering if it's really a viable strategy to hit someone with lightning bolts. I'm wondering if I should return the favor but I kind of think it wouldn't be much of impact since we are much smaller alliance and our cities are less developed.

DeletedUser

I believe it is a viable strategy, particularly if used in conjunction with plague on cities not being bolted. First though there is a need to assign priority to particular cites for Bolt and plague as plague has a 6 hour duration and Bolt resets after four hours. Earthquake is fairly useless and costly better to use the wood for building LS imo.

Hope this is of some help. See you on the battlefield my friend, you are respected as skilled fighter.

:)

(my hope is for you to join us, we would be very strong working together)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

In my opinion, it's pathetic. Use your Zeus favor to enhance your LS attacks.

DeletedUser41460

Syst3matic, I have expressed to your leader that joining you is a possibility, but I cannot left my teammates behind to perish. We have players who got rimmed but still keep playing. They are not anywhere close to the level that you play, but they are people I feel warm to be around, and I will not betray them.

BTW what do you mean bolts reset after 4 hours?

DeletedUser19042

BTW what do you mean bolts reset after 4 hours?

When someone casts a lightening bolt on your city, he and everyone else will have to wait 4 hours until they can cast a new spell on that city (the same city to be precise, they still can cast on your other cities)

I hope that answers your question.

As far as they are useful in this game? It depends. Everyone has other opinions.
imo they are worthless, but some other people find them a very useful spell to annoy the enemy. It is very demoralizing to have your buildings bolted down. However I'll join the opinion of bigskyguy and say that the favor could better be spent on chariots.

You'll have to find out yourself what you like most. ;)

J

Myrddin Emyrs

Phrourach
I think bigskyguy was talking about favourable wind gives you 10% boost to attacking ships used with other favourable boosts is always a handy way to cripple peoples defenses and its only another 50 favour, whilst lightening bolts are annoying, i believe that might be their tactic to annoy and make you do something you might regret best bet is to hang in there, they might get fed up.

DeletedUser41460

I think they are worthless on the demoralizing part, to me that is at least. But they do hit important buildings sometimes, and it costs resource to rebuild them.

Also this particular enemy is in a specific situation. I think it make some sense for them to do that. They are more centrally located in the world and attack us in the outer skirt. There core cities are pretty far from us. Not needing to worry about other enemies, I suppose they have a lot of favor sitting around anyway.

When someone casts a lightening bolt on your city, he and everyone else will have to wait 4 hours until they can cast a new spell on that city (the same city to be precise, they still can cast on your other cities)

I hope that answers your question.

As far as they are useful in this game? It depends. Everyone has other opinions.
imo they are worthless, but some other people find them a very useful spell to annoy the enemy. It is very demoralizing to have your buildings bolted down. However I'll join the opinion of bigskyguy and say that the favor could better be spent on chariots.

You'll have to find out yourself what you like most. ;)

J

DeletedUser41460

One more thing I'm greatly perplexed is that I don't know why it is possible for one of them to hit me 3 times within 2 hours time. Is the daily reward time different for different time zone?

DeletedUser

What Merlin said. I think chariots are just about as useless as lightning bolts.

Plus the resource efficiency is just in favor of enhancing LS.

5 chariots cost about 5.5k resources.

A bolt on a max level building might cost the target 20k resources.

Saving 10% of a LS nuke (let's just say you save 20 LS, small nuke) is worth about 48k resources.

No contest.

DeletedUser41460

In each alliance, there are always lay back members. You don't expect them to engage in attacks with LS nukes a lot. In that case, enlisting their big dude Zeus to attack with lightning bolt may be a better option, because otherwise it will be probably just favor sitting wasted at 500.

Myrddin Emyrs

Phrourach
Its either that wait nearly 4hrs after last bolt attack and cast city protection on your cities make sure though you get everything cast on it before you do as you cant after for 12hrs, do that for a few days they then might give up and move on, just have to have plenty of athena as if they are randomly hitting all your cities its a lot to protect.

DeletedUser

Bolts are for cowards who do not have the cojones to launch a decent attack at the designated target. I do not cast Chariots either. For me, the majority of Zeus's favor is spent on favorable winds, with the odd Rage spell cast here and there.

@givemeten, if you have members of your alliance that do not ever send out Ls attacks, unless in exceptional circumstances I think you need to really question why they are there..

DeletedUser10962

Some people bolt and use plague. I normally consider it flattery it's what people do when they know they can't touch you. You have loads of Zeus favour? It's a cq world build a manticore nuke. Similarly with plague why not build cerbs they're really useful or the helm thing which is great for attacks. I have a city in zakros which I kept under Athens protection constantly for a month. If you get targeted by a spell campaign it's best to ignore it quakes are good as it helps you clear big cities but otherwise I prefer to let my troops do the talking

DeletedUser47129

they are all a waste of favour and a dishonourable act. If YOU WANT TO FIGHT BOARD YOUR SHIPS AND SET SAIL.