Quick deletion of 175 pt cities ... what do you think?

• Thread starter DeletedUser23222
  • Start date

DeletedUser23222

I have wanted to post this idea for some time. I decided to start in the Acropolis to get a better sense of what the community thinks before elevating this to a formal request.

Basically - I am sick of seeing islands filled with 175 - 200 pt cities that just take up space. It seems obvious that a 175 pt city is either a newcomer that took a quick look at Grepolis and decided to bail out or a concerned effort to fill up a world for other reasons. These baby cities offer no value to the game. Many old timers remember vibrant worlds where entire islands were filled with active players. So I propose INNO deletes these stillborn cities, and delete them quickly. Make room for real players. This should be automatic and not require a mod to act.

But how? I think 24 hours without at least one initial build should result in immediate deletion. The concept should be "play to stay." I realize that INNO wants to encourage new players - especially those that buy gold - but I do not see how a stillborn city does that.

Do you agree with this?
Should the criteria be higher - say 200 pts within 24 or 48 hours to "stay" in early on in a world?

DeletedUser30490

You're a bit too late,

This has already being suggested and is pending.
>>Here<<
But i do agree with you,inactives should be deleted faster.

DeletedUser

On a positive note, especially on non-morale worlds, you may farm them for extra resources until they disappear.

DeletedUser25249

why stop at 175, it would be even better to cancel out all towns up to 750 points as with the new help build a city thing gets you there in no time.
Great idea even if it's been asked before.
:)

DeletedUser31450

Some people just join to chat to others, so make a limit

DeletedUser

Stwl has a point, so how about this;

After a mere few days of inactivity being 175 points, the player is sent an automated message via Grepolis server asking them if they agree that there city should be erased. If they click no, then they're active/talking, if they click yes, then Grepo automates the deletion of world acc, if nothing is pressed for two days, auto-deletion.

DeletedUser23222

You're a bit too late,

This has already being suggested and is pending.
>>Here<<
But i do agree with you,inactives should be deleted faster.

Thanks Druvi... most ideas are not new and I did not see this. The original idea was posted back in April 2012.

The long delay in implementation suggests there may be concerns at INNO that are not immediately evident. Or maybe the community has not made a good enough case or enough noise to draw attention. How this idea is executed is important - no one wants to discourage new players.

It seems that if a player joins a world and does not make a single build in 24 hours - they should just be removed as if they never joined at all. No harm no foul. The player would be free to start again when and if they find the time or interest. A world free of 175 pt cities should be more cost effective - the fixed cost of a server would be spent on active players. The islands spots are available for real players - and the goal of more combat is more likely. The 175-pt cities and short 24-hour period are especially important early in the game since these stillborn cities disproportionally influence the layout and development of a world in the first weeks. I have seen worlds where only one active player was on an island with nineteen 175-pt cities. On my first world, I dropped on an island with eighteen stillborns. This cannot be what INNO envisions.

I think this is a win-win-win for everyone.

DeletedUser30490

I think its mostly the community :D
INNO tends to looks at the more bigger problems on the community