Quitting or Staying after 2.0

DeletedUser

Question: Will you be quitting, staying, or unsure. Also what are your predictions for the old worlds players.

BigYellowBananer-unsure/ prob gonna quit.

because its just not, well its just not something your gonna look back on and say "wow I remember grepolis" Its a pain to run an alliance, a pain to recruit, a pain to farm, and a pain closing window after window

Predictions, hmmm i think there will be mass quitting amongst many old school veterans like myself

sorry grepolis, ill say this civil, your not the game we used to like anymore, it just seems like its a game about money and slow hassle, srry

DeletedUser

absolutely agree with that mate...but must admit it was fun while it lasted.

DeletedUser

User Guides?

USER GUIDES?

I guess going back to 1.26 isnt possible? :heh:

So can we have a user guide for experienced players of 1.26 that have just found themselves in a 2.0 world

This should include the basics - with screen shots
So far this is:-

Navigating between cities - how do you get to the rest of the (30) cities you own and how do you navigate easily between them - screen shots needed

Why dont the arrow keys work on the island map? - how do you get to a island with one click rather than three (in random parts of the interface)

Where is the button than stops you just dealing with a group rather than all your cities - on nearly all interfaces - I cant find it - I dont know what Im looking for :eek:

Include a warning - when you resource loot 8 internal villages with "No Internal Resistance" - that this is a lie - and in fact the villagers are dodging!
and some may have built 20 level wall in the 20 mins it takes to get to them
(I wish I could build my walls that fast!) :)

Next:- the real reason we are on Grep
:pro:
We are here to take cities, win wars and be who we are
(and this is before Ive started attacking again)

I will post a new reply

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

So how do you?
ALL OF THIS SHOULD BE ANSWERED WITHOUT DOING PREMIUM

You tell if an attack is coming in? ..... where do we get the warning?
Screen Shots required

And how do we find out who is attacking us and from what city?
When do they arrive and which of our cities?
Small clues - would Be GOOD to know
How do we cast spells on the attacking force?

How do we see attacks coming in when we are under siege?
Full details needed :)

Thirdly - new post

DeletedUser

Grep Bugs

How do we stop Grep Bugs
:pro:

Today Ive had the egg timer come up so many times - and my command not being processed
Ive have to re program the command to get the command the work
How can I fight Grep under those conditions?
Sorry for swearing - but its Pants:(
3 mins recovery time - :(
(Note I havent started attacking yet!)
How can I get commands to work? (My connection is ACE at the mo) :eek:

Tech this is with both Microsoft Explorer 09 and Google Chrome

And how do you you get back the toolbar when it disappears?
Toolbar - the thing on top LH side that gives you your troops, top middle resources + city name, LH side menu options :heh:

DeletedUser

I won't do screen shots, but I can help you out with a few of your questions.

1- To navigate your cities click on the name of your city in the upper left-hand corner, a list similar to the one in 1.26 will appear.

2- I can't tell you why the arrow keys don't work. to navigate in the map you use the icons below the map in the upper left-hand corner. When you hover over them you will find what they do.

3- when you have found your drop-down menu there will be arrows next to the name of each of your group that will show all of the cities in the group you selected. Navigate from there.

4- once you have conquered a village it is yours, there is no need to send troops. click on it from your map and tell it to send you resources.

5- you can see it an attack is coming directly to the right on the name of your city, there are crossed swards that will light up and flash when you have an incoming this is the same with seeing a revolt that has been started. There will also be a notification in the lower left-hand corner of your screen (I learned this because of incoming attacks).

6- click on the icon I explained above (with admin). Otherwise you will be forced to page through your cities like you had to without the admin like you in 1.26.

7- with admin it will show you the times in the commands section, without admin you must hover over the attack sign (in the top of the page, it looks like a sward with an arrow) when in the city being attacked and it will show all of the times that the attcks arrive. This is very inconvenient and there have been many complaints messaged to the technical director about this.

8- once you have done ether of the two options I specified above, you can click on the name of the city attacking you and a circle will appear. click on the lightning bolt.

9- the same way as I just specified.

10- to make 2.0 run faster look in the settings and stop notifications and things that may slow grepo down.

11- If it is truly disappearing this is most likely a bug that needs to be fixed and will be. make sure you didn't scroll down without realizing and coincidentally moved the toolbar out of your screen.

I hope this helps a bit.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

PS Revolt

Why do internal village cities go into revolt just after conquering them?
Why dont they show up as being under revolt?
and can remain that way for some time?
(except some of them are instant - I dont understand the programming code thats triggering this)

In case you havent guessed - UNHAPPY :(

DeletedUser

Yes, so am I. I have no Idea what your farms. first I would go to settings and turn the farming tutorial back on to see if you aren't understanding the new farming system, if not I would weight a day or two. If it doesn't get better I would sent in a support ticket of post in the 2.0 glitch section on the external.

DeletedUser

Im unsure, probably going to quit cause its so bad compared to the original grepo.. the one we liked

DeletedUser

So how do you?
ALL OF THIS SHOULD BE ANSWERED WITHOUT DOING PREMIUM

You tell if an attack is coming in? ..... where do we get the warning?
Screen Shots required

And how do we find out who is attacking us and from what city?
When do they arrive and which of our cities?
What does any of your post have to do with the topic of this thread?

Aside from that, there is a general game play question thread where all these questions have been answered numerous times.

DeletedUser12324

Do we know if the "lag" is going to be sorted soon? It's bad enough with just a couple cities but on Pi i now have 51 cities of complete and utter painstakingly slow tasks to do, i like the perks of 2.0 but the game has to run smoothly!

Might actually do what you've done Farg and go into VM...

DeletedUser

Yep, Vacation Mode it is. Hopefully in 2 or 3 weeks 2.0 might be running a bit more smoothly; if it's still pants I'm off. What's that I here? Good riddance? That's a bit harsh Phears! I thought we were buddies now.:p

DeletedUser

Quitting is gaining its ground on me. Its totally annoying on how to play the game now and lags waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much. Its like playing in a dial up internet connection. Thats playing online games 10years backwards. Its just totally terrible. I like some of the features but if they combine the goods of the 2.0 and of the 1.0, people might just stay.

DeletedUser4013

We know that the lag and response errors are a major issue. It's being looked into, and we hope that it will be resolved as soon as possible.

DeletedUser

that's nice to Tyrion :)

i think i will stay i have gone to far to stop now :p

DeletedUser12324

Well the lag has been slowly getting better, 2.0 is here now and nothings going to change so might aswell adapt and overcome :)

DeletedUser

:)

Well the lag has been slowly getting better, 2.0 is here now and nothings going to change so might aswell adapt and overcome :)

Yes on google chrome, it has disappeared (almost) so I guess im staying

DeletedUser

I will be staying. Hopefully Grep will figure itself out and the update will make it even more interesting... Who knows? :)

DeletedUser

I was on the verge of quitting until I updated to Firefox and it has made a huge difference. Definitely try it out if you're plagued with slow response times like I was...

DeletedUser

Google Chrome if you get that its about as fast as it gets on grepolis I highly reccommend