Quotes from Authors

• Thread starter DeletedUser31385
  • Start date

DeletedUser31385

Love all, Trust few, Do wrong to none.- William Shakespeare

DeletedUser50332

There are only two things. Truth and lies. Truth is indivisible, hence it cannot recognize itself; anyone who wants to recognize it has to be a lie.
- Franz Kafka

DeletedUser31385

Better three hours too soon then a minute too late- William Shakespeare

DeletedUser50332

Should I kill myself, or have a cup of coffee?
- Albert Camus

DeletedUser31385

Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality~ Edgar Allan Poe

DeletedUser45380

I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope. Which is what I do, and that enables you to laugh at life's realities.
- Dr. Suess

DeletedUser31385

I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity~ Edgar Allan Poe

DeletedUser49162

Being Irish he had an abiding sense of tragedy which sustained him through temporary periods of joy-W.B.Yeats

DeletedUser27128

"Any truth is better than indefinite doubt."

~Arthur Conan Doyle

DeletedUser

There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth; not going all the way, and not starting.
- Buddha

DeletedUser31385

All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream~ Edgar Allan Poe

DeletedUser31385

“I am nothing special, of this I am sure. I am a common man with common thoughts and I've led a common life. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten, but I've loved another with all my heart and soul, and to me, this has always been enough..”
― Nicholas Sparks, The Notebook

DeletedUser33530

you had to quote the notebook? You couldn't just stab my eyes out instead?

DeletedUser31385

“You can't live your life for other people. You've got to do what's right for you, even if it hurts some people you love.”
― Nicholas Sparks, The Notebook

:D

DeletedUser50332

Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.

- Nietzsche

DeletedUser31385

“Every fairy tale, it seems, concludes with the bland phrase "happily ever after." Yet every couple I have ever known would agree that nothing about marriage is forever happy. There are moments of bliss, to be sure, and lengthy spans of satisfied companionship. Yet these come at no small effort, and the girl who reads such fiction dreaming her troubles will end ere she departs the altar is well advised to seek at once a rational women to set her straight.”
― Catherine Gilbert Murdock

DeletedUser8396

“Every fairy tale, it seems, concludes with the bland phrase "happily ever after." Yet every couple I have ever known would agree that nothing about marriage is forever happy. There are moments of bliss, to be sure, and lengthy spans of satisfied companionship. Yet these come at no small effort, and the girl who reads such fiction dreaming her troubles will end ere she departs the altar is well advised to seek at once a rational women to set her straight.”
― Catherine Gilbert Murdock

*slow clap*

DeletedUser29066

“I saw the Cloud, though I did not foresee the Storm.”
― Daniel Defoe