Quotes from Authors

• Thread starter DeletedUser31385
  • Start date

DeletedUser33530

Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws.
Plato
:D lol

We cannot conceive of matter being formed of nothing, since things require a seed to start from... Therefore there is not anything which returns to nothing, but all things return dissolved into their elements.
William Shakespeare
It's worth pointing out one more time that this is Shakespeare not Stephen Hawking.

Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything.
Plato
this is great and all but how does any of that make music "a moral law"?

DeletedUser27128

"You can't cross the sea merely by standing and staring at the water."

~Rabindranath Tagore

DeletedUser33530

If you are muslim, your moral laws are somewhat different than that of a christian. This can go for anything.

Your laws are different but they are still actually laws lol. Music isn't a moral law as it literally isnt a law.

DeletedUser31385

Your laws are different but they are still actually laws lol. Music isn't a moral law as it literally isnt a law.

Why does everyone think there is always a literal meaning? In this case, it is describing setting people free (giving wings to imagination).

DeletedUser33530

Why does everyone think there is always a literal meaning? In this case, it is describing setting people free (giving wings to imagination).

Why does everyone think there is always a literally meaning? Cause who the hell speaks solely in metaphors and intends there to be no literal meaning? The answer is no one cause that's not only stupid but also impossible as there is always a literally meaning.

So it's not setting any rules and it's not deeming anything right or wrong. How is it a moral law again?

DeletedUser31385

Why does everyone think there is always a literally meaning? Cause who the hell speaks solely in metaphors and intends there to be no literal meaning? The answer is no one cause that's not only stupid but also impossible as there is always a literally meaning.

So it's not setting any rules and it's not deeming anything right or wrong. How is it a moral law again?

Setting a person free is defined as a good principle. In this instance, a person's mind is set free and allowed to explore new opportunities.

DeletedUser50332

“Nobody realizes that some people expend tremendous energy merely to be normal.”

― Albert Camus

DeletedUser50332

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”

― Friedrich Nietzsche

DeletedUser33530

Setting a person free is defined as a good principle. In this instance, a person's mind is set free and allowed to explore new opportunities.

Yeah it's defined as good by other moral laws. Not music.

DeletedUser50332

“Without music, life would be a mistake.”
― Friedrich Nietzsche, Twilight of the Idols

DeletedUser31385

Few men have virtue to withstand the highest bidder.
- George Washington

DeletedUser33530

Not music itself, what it does.
So the reaction to the action of playing music is good. So again. How is music a moral law? By this standard bacon is a moral law as the reaction to the action of me eating it is good.

DeletedUser31385

So the reaction to the action of playing music is good. So again. How is music a moral law? By this standard bacon is a moral law as the reaction to the action of me eating it is good.

The music is allowing a person freedom. He or she could express feelings with it. Bacon does nothing other than nourish the body.

DeletedUser33530

The music is allowing a person freedom. He or she could express feelings with it. Bacon does nothing other than nourish the body.

Bacon gives me nourishment so i have energy to expression my happiness or and consume more bacon.

DeletedUser31385

Bacon gives me nourishment so i have energy to expression my happiness or and consume more bacon.

The bacon is giving energy and then you are expressing happiness from said energy. The music is expressing the feeling as you are playing it. The bacon is not directly expressing any feelings while the music is.

DeletedUser33530

:rolleyes:
Is music or expression defining something as right or wrong? The answer is no.
If you respond with " but music is good as it...." Ill tell you that's great but it's still not defining anything as right or wrong.

Last edited by a moderator: