Quotes from Authors

• Thread starter DeletedUser31385
  • Start date

DeletedUser

I agree. Perhaps you should launch a separate thread to discuss whether dogs sleep more than cats or vice ... vice .. oh you know what I mean. The other way way around. ;)

My friend . Many thanks for your kind suggestion though, I must confess, that I could not possibly compete on the same level of characteristics of prose as your good self nor, dare I mention his name, a pebble. I merely stoop at the feet of great renaissance men such as yourselves and scrabble in the discarded toenails of destiny for a nugget of inspiration or two. :p

DeletedUser

The full name would be better still:

Ah. my dear rhizome9. You always did have classy taste. A cautionary note to all :
443x399-fotolia_27913824_subscription_xl.jpg

Ask not what your toenails can do for you but what you can do for your toenails
Theodore P Finn ( with apologies to JFK)

DeletedUser8396

Ah. my dear rhizome9. You always did have classy taste. A cautionary note to all :
443x399-fotolia_27913824_subscription_xl.jpg

Ask not what your toenails can do for you but what you can do for your toenails
Theodore P Finn ( with apologies to JFK)

Honestly can't tell if mushrooms or nuclear explosions (as a play on the "destiny" part).

DeletedUser29066

rhi·zome
ˈrīˌzōm/
nounBOTANY

[COLOR=#878787 !important][/COLOR]

• a continuously growing horizontal underground stem that puts out lateral shoots and adventitious roots at intervals.

or you could have one of those growing from your toes

DeletedUser50332

"adventitious roots" is NOT a good alliance name (although, I would be tempted to join).

A Rhizome could also be...

rhizome.org/ - An online resource for people who are interested in new media art, the intersection of new technologies and contemporary art. Rhizome is a not-for-profit arts organization, that supports and provides a platform for new media art.

Rhizome (philosophy) - Rhizome is a philosophical concept developed by Gilles Deleuze and Félix Guattari in their Capitalism and Schizophrenia (1972–1980) project. It is what Deleuze calls an "image of thought," based on the botanical rhizome, that apprehends multiplicities.

https://rhizomenetwork.wordpress.com/ (rhizome | participation|activism|consensus) - We are a co-op providing facilitation, mediation, consensus building and training to community activists and co-operatives across the UK.

Or, clearly some sort of fungal growth.
Perhaps because I'm such a Fun-guy!

DeletedUser31385

Sometimes you see beautiful people with no brains. Sometimes you have ugly people who are intelligent, like scientists.
Jose Mourinho

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
Been a while since this thread was posted in so I guess I'll share a few of my favorite quotes.

“The more civilized a nation, the more conformed its population, until that civilization's last age arrives, when multiplicity wages war with conformity. The former grows ever wilder, ever more dysfunctional in its extremities; whilst the latter seeks to increase its measure of control, until such efforts acquire diabolical tyranny." - Steven Erikson

“There is no such thing as pure good or pure evil, least of all in people. In the best of us there are thoughts or deeds that are wicked, and in the worst of us, at least some virtue. An adversary is not one who does loathsome acts for their own sake. He always has a reason that to him is justification. My cat eats mice. Does that make him bad? I don't think so, and the cat doesn't think so, but I would bet the mice have a different opinion.” - Terry Goodkind

“Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again.” - C.S. Lewis