R.I.P. Onlyevil

DeletedUser

Hi All,

Just wanted to let you all know that onlyevil has passed away. He was very, very sick. He had been battling cancer and had chemotherapy a couple of weeks ago. The medication that they game him caused a heart attack which put him back in the hospital last week. He needed to have heart surgery over the weekend, but he did not make it He was smart, dedicated and a beast. He was respected by allies and enemies.

A few alliances are paying tribute to him by renaming their alliance.

RIP OnlyEvil from RR
OoC salutes onlyevil
RIP onlyevil from CB
R.I.P ONLY EVIL
RIP ONLY EVIL FROM SBW
TZM salutes onlyevil
RIP OnlyEvil from 3 N 1

DeletedUser

I have sent several mails to onlyevil before. Last mail on 2013-09-05 at 18:52 was not reed......:(

DeletedUser29066

I didn't know him but R.I.P and my condolences to his family & friends.

In the past few months I can recall hearing of 2-3 players who have passed away, and I wonder if it would be appropriate to start a In Memoriam thread in either the Acropolis or the Agora section to pay tribute to those who are no longer with us?

DeletedUser

Respects to his memory, his family and friends as well as Sour Apples Alliance.

DeletedUser

Hello to all, It is with great sorrow that I must inform you that my uncle who many of you know as onlyevil and oevl (his previous account) has passed away.
The world lost a great soldier on Sunday, September the 8th, 2013 at 06:53.
Some say a true Marine never dies, but sometimes they must leave this world as God needs a “few good men” to guard the Pearly Gates.
He was a great person to know and gave all people respect.
He is survived by his wife (Mrs. Evil), mother, 7 brothers and sisters, 19 nephews and nieces, and 14 great nieces and nephews. (9 of them currently serving in the military, with 3 proudly serving in the Marine Corp)
He was terminally ill. He had many complications that caused cancer, respitory, Parkinson’s disease and ultimately heart failure. The autopsy report showed he passed away from symptoms consistent with the exposure to Cyclosarin and Saxitoxin . (this information was declassified in 2009 and explains the mysterious illness that our soldiers were experiencing and causing casualties referred to as “desert fever”)
But he was proud of his service not only to the United States, but to all of humanity. He believed that it was not the responsibility of a young man to take up arms for the freedom of the world, but it was his privilege to do it. He stated from the time I was a little kid up until his last breath that he wouldn’t change a thing. It was his calling and a privilege to serve so we can sit around in all corners of the world and enjoy life. (Including Grepolis)
I have received a few messages from Grepolis and Facebook on arraignments and where condolences could be sent. His wife wishes for anyone and everyone to send a care package in his honor to an active soldier serving in a foreign land. No matter what country they represent, but a young man that is away from his family serving in a war that they probably don’t truly understand, yet is still putting his life on the line in the name of humanity and for the greater good of freedom.
He had many logs on this game recording offense/defense in ally and opponent cities as well as many stats on certain players. His comments on most showed great respect for many members, and ultimate respect for a few worthy adversaries. I am not going to post all his gathered Intel on here, but will message those who I feel he thought was the ultimate in teammates and foes and share his thought about them in the coming weeks.

Also many thanks to the out pouring of respect shown to him. He would be , yet proud that we are singing kumbaya and changing alliance names in his honor.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser19042

My condolences to his family. May he rest in peace.

People are never prepared to give away a friend, father, son, husband. It's always too hard to say goodbye. But it can help if we know he is now in a place without suffering, and he rests in peace!

Small words, that mean nothing. But it will help in remembering him, and honoring him.

R.I.P.

J

DeletedUser

did not know onlyevil, but R.I.P

heart goes to all his family and friends....

DeletedUser42043

I just wanted to say this about Onlyevil, since some of you may not know him..

Although I have never known Onlyevil in real life, I could see how great a soldier he was by the way he dedicated himself to Grepolis here.
I have had the privilege to be one of the people to have worked with him from the start of this world, and was constantly reminded of how kind and supportive he was to our fellow players throughout the alliances of Semper Fi, HaVoC, and now, in Sour Apples.

His great stats in our server testifies to the fact that he was an amazing player.. to me, he was the best player I've ever had the pleasure of knowing. Even after many days of inactivity, he still has the 13th greatest ABP in our entire server, even now.

But with all those figures aside, what I really admired about him was his dedication to the game, his dedication to our alliance, and his dedication to his friends in this game.

If there ever was a siege somewhere to be broken, he would always be the first one there to sacrifice his own troops against the bireme walls to soften it for the following attacks. Countless times have I seen him time attacks or support to land right around our CS in all times of the day, and never once had he complained or even mentioned that he wasn't getting enough sleep, or that he was tired.

Always the first to attack, the last to retreat. A great player, always helping people behind the scenes..
Even in his hospital bed, he would always worry about how we were doing, and often sent us messages and moral support(as well as in-game support)

In my mind, you are already the winner of this world, Onlyevil, and I will miss you dearly.

That is all I wanted to say,

Lastly, thank you everyone for the respect you've shown to Onlyevil, whom I've known but a little while, but am proud to call my friend.

Jizza, friend of Onlyevil

DeletedUser41959

I did not have a chance to get to know him , but I wish I could :(

My condolences to his family and friends .

Rest in Peace

DeletedUser

There is not alot i can add, Onlyevil and i only spoke once so i cannot say i knew him,but i knew his LS nukes very well :).All i can say is if he was very good at grepo.He earned my respect through this game and the respect of my alliance.It would have been a honour to play alongside the man.I wish i could say it was a pleasure playing against him :p
RESPECT From all of OOC

RIP Onlyevil you were truely a most worthy opponent

DeletedUser

did not know this guy, but i respect all good players. May you rest in peace.

DeletedUser33944

so sorry about ur loss. Im sure he wa a great person. Rest in peace my friend :(

DeletedUser22343

R.I.P onlyevil you were a great grepo player, my condolences to his family and his friends in sour apples.

Also I would like to thank all the players of thebes for being upstanding players and coming together and showing there class in times like this ;) This has been a fun and competitive world for all of us and im sure we can all say we contributed to a bit of happiness and fun in onlyevils last months.

HOO-RAH!

DeletedUser

Never a good thing when a person passes away. Friend or Foe. Only got to see you here on the forums but I'm sure you were a great guy. Even though you're in a better place now with a brand new journey remember you are missed and loved by all. Will see you in Valhalla when the time comes my friend. Godspeed.

Mako