Inactive Topic Randomized Spawn World

DeletedUser

Proposal: A world where two things happen. 1- players cannot choose where they spawn. 2- The spawn radius is expanded, reducing player density somewhat. (Basically, if a player spawns "NW" they might spawn in O44, or 34 or 43, etc.)

"Have You Checked"...

Yes

Reason: Variety mostly. It might be kind of cool to have a world where you can't pre-plan anything. You would have to make do with what you got. It would also be a bonus for newer players so they don't get destroyed in the opening moments.

Details: Well,the world would have players less compact in a larger radius. Over time, the center would still fill up. If the spots aren't filled within X(around 7) days of someone spawning nearby, the spots will be disbaled and turned into colonization spots. This would prevent players spawning right next to a 10k city. The radius in which players would spawn would slowly increase as more players join. Makes a much more interesting challenge for core players as well, as the rim players have less of a disadvantage.

Visual Aids:

None

Balance:

New players will last longer, core players will find it tougher to expand outward, the rim spots will become just as valuable as core spots. Seems to balance the game more.

Abuse Prevention:

Disabling of spawn points after X days would prevent awkward scenarios.

Summary: Basically, a more realistic world in which players won't spawn in a perfectly spherical fashion. Helps balance the game, and increases the general level of strategy required by core players.

Diclaimer: If you don't like this, say why! What don't you like? Do you disagree about a cerain aspect of it? Tell me what needs changing.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I dont know. Could be interesitng, but surely this would limit the fighting as people are spread out furthere and travel times from ships would take longer

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
I remember seeing something similar and I was also a fan of it. Not really sure if the expanded spawn radius would work but not being able to chose your location would eliminate premades and force players to join an unknown group of players.

DeletedUser

I see two potential problems with this.

Firstly, this will cause the world to expand at a higher rate and could lead to problems like those on world Alpha have. People restarting are falling off the ends of the world.

Secondly, when there are unused spaces, people restarting could end up between very large players.

DeletedUser

I agree with Priscilla. I think the "random" option is a good one.

DeletedUser

Sorry, but this idea is a no for me. Priscilla made an excellent point, and premades are also part of the game. If someone wanted random location they could just set it to "random" like spartinpastic said.

DeletedUser17045

This would be a good idea if the randomizer could be programmed not to overload on the one direction, therefore causing an uneven spread of the world.

DeletedUser

No from me as others said premades are important and make one of the major elements of grepolis.

DeletedUser

After the release of Ithaca I remembered this thread..

PLEASE, DEVS, CONSIDER THIS. A world without the possibility of premade alliances would be wonderful, and it would allow for some proper competition.

DeletedUser

im going to let this go thru . . . but in all honesty as of update 2.16, inno has allowed existing players to be invited into the game onto an island next to their friends. this means that in order for a world to have the possibility of no premades then they would have to disable that feature as well.

moved to development

please continue to post ur feedback

DeletedUser

What the...

Completely forgot that I made this thread.

Anyway, in response to some earlier points...

1. Players falling off the ends of the Earth. I would say to make a physically larger world. It would fill up faster, so there would not be a waste.

2. Restarting players ending up between large players. Well, no they wouldn't. Like a player joining for the first time, restarted players would spawn outside of the disabled radius.

3. Impossibility of premades. See this thread.

I actually would still like to see this, hope people are still positive towards it.

DeletedUser

I know this is an old thread, but its not closed off, so I'll give my comments.
I dont like this idea. I think that it would cause more players to leave or disregard that world. I believe that it is important that players be allowed to play in pre-made's and allowed to decide in what direction they head. That said, I dont mind the idea of every 4 to 6 months that multiple servers are merged so that players can then fight against stronger players with the gap between players reduced (like reducing multiple galaxies into one galaxy ... would push the stars closer together).

DeletedUser

I am neutral about this concept, seems decent, but there are some drawbacks. There would be some players who prefer starting off in the core instead of the rim, as they get the most fun, as well as vice-versa. Not exactly a major criticism, but this leaves me a bit cold.

DeletedUser31931

Sorry, but this idea is a no for me. Priscilla made an excellent point, and premades are also part of the game. If someone wanted random location they could just set it to "random" like spartinpastic said.

Pretty much summed it all up in this comment, I think. I've got to say, I think this idea just complicates the game without adding any benefit.

DeletedUser31931

1. Players falling off the ends of the Earth. I would say to make a physically larger world. It would fill up faster, so there would not be a waste.

Then distance would be a huge problem, and alliances on different sides of the world wouldn't be able to attack each other, a CS can travel only 48 hours. If you wanted to make this idea, you would have to have a unit speed of like 5. But that comes with its own consequences, like not having time to react to incoming attacks.